i would like to know the harmful physical effects of masturbation and if they reverse once you have stop them.
I don't believe there are any scientifically proven harmful effects, in the physical sense, due to masturbation. I think there may be a risk of conditioning your body toward premature ejaculation by frequently masturbating (if one is male), but this again is not something clinically proven. All of the stories about masturbation causing blindness, impotence, and other health problems have been shown to be unfounded.
However, there are countless spiritual/emotional/psychological affects that could come from having haraam fantasies or watching pornography- two activities that almost always accompany such an act. Not only that, but engaging in masturbation while in a marital relationship can have a significant detrimental impact on your wife. To me, these reasons would be enough to avoid the practice, even without there being physical risks involved.
are pimples caused by masturbating
No, there is no relationship between pimples and masturbating. Here's the Mayo Clinic's page on acne and its causes:
Wa alaykum as-salam,
There are no negative health effects associated with occasional masturbation. Oh, there are old wives tales about how masturbation will cause hair to grow on your palms, or causes acne, or weakens the immune system. That is all nonsense.
However, there are some things to watch out for:
1. If done excessively, it will interfere with your prayers and your lifestyle in general. In that case it becomes a destructive influence in your life. I don't happen to believe that masturbation is haram, as I find no convincing evidence of that in Islam, but I do think that it can be a negative influence sometimes.
2. If masturbation is accompanied by kinky fantasies, you may become fixated on those fantasies or fetishes, and this may damage your ability to have a normal, healthy sex life when married; it may also lead to one pursuing his fantasies and engaging in haram acts.
3. From a health perspective, I suppose if it's done excessively you could end up with tendinitis of the wrist or elbow. You could also abrade the skin on your privates if you have rough hands. If a woman inserts an object, it could become stuck.
4. AskMen.com says, "Masturbating can sometimes create an individual orgasm effect where we train our bodies to respond to our own familiar touch and have a reduced response to other people’s touch, resulting in a tougher time reaching climax with others. A lot of guys can relate to this."
5. AskMen also says, "chronic masturbating can affect our brain and body chemistry because it can overproduce sex hormones and neurotransmitters. This overproduction impacts each person differently, and can range from fatigue, pelvic pain, vision changes, lower back pain, testicular pain, or hair loss. There is current research that states increased testosterone production is linked to DHT production, which is associated with male pattern hair loss... If you notice any of these effects, try cutting back on your masturbation habits for a few months and see if it helps alleviate your symptoms. If the symptoms are still there, you might as well keep tugging away and see a doctor for a medical checkup."
So, basically, there could be some health and spiritual problems associated with chronic or compulsive masturbation.
On the other hand, there are some documented health benefits associated with occasional masturbation: lower blood pressure, lower incidence of prostate cancer, prevents incontinence, and causes the release of mood-enhancing hormones like dopamine.
Well put forth Wael. Very informative. Thanks a ton. I firmly agree that Masturbation may be Makrooh but no where it is considered haraam.
I heard that the long run effect is when you get married and pre ejacualtion habit will land your wife in the most dissatsified situation where she is still to get orgasm and you go to sleep that is the greatest seed of discension between a couple and that will lead to many breakups in life.
The childhood habits result is harmful in the future and this is one of the major-problems i have seen in couple seperations-
it is haraam. i dont do it.
Notify me of follow-up comments by email.
Notify me of new posts by email.