I’m a Muslim man; can I marry a married Christian Woman?

Marriage and Pre marital relationships 300x208 %photo

Hi,

I am from Asia. I am so deeply in love with this Christian woman; she is separated from her husband as things didn't work out for them. They have one child and got separated but still they are married because none of them filed an annulment case. Then we met and fell in love. I really care for her; I want to make her happy because ever since she got married to her husband; her life is ruined. Her husband has many girlfriends and she always cries. When I came into her life; I always make her smile. I ask her to marry me and she said yes and she is willing to convert to Islam but our problem is that they are still married. She wants an annulment case but they have lack of money to pay the attorney. Can I marry her even if she is still married? What should I do? I really need your help.

Thanks a lot,

Bonecrusher.

Tagged as: , , ,

1. The best advice anyone can give u is to wait untill they ve d oppurtunity and willingly take d anullment.. . Brother, u are a muslim. and as a muslim, u know what u are doing is absolutely wrong . . . Why would u be dating a married woman, would u like it if someone is dating ur own pasonal wife???. . . . . . U ve done a very big mistake and u must ask Allah for forgiveness. *** in response to ur question, if d lady converts to islam, her marriage with her husband is authomatically null and void (cancelled) if he still remain a non muslim. . . . In other words, a muslim woman cannot marry a non muslim man but d vice vasa is allowed. Ie a muslim man is allowed to marry from d people of d scriptures. . . . . . . . So when d lady converts whilst he's still a non muslim, there can be no marriage between them any more and then u can go on with ur own proporsal... Hope this helps

2. Hi brother may Allah bless you.

I agree with brother Mohd.you have done a mistake by making a relationship to a woman who is not your mehram.As a muslim you must know the rules of talking to a non-mehram and this woman is married and had a child and a husband do you think it is right to make relations with a married woman even if she is a muslim woman?and i think you wont be happy if it was done the same to your wife.How ever you love her you cant cross Allahs rules.so try to end this relationship and all the contacts with her for the sake of Allah and wait for her until she accepts Islam or it is better to found for you a good muslim wife it will be much better to you.because you cant marry a married woman whether she is muslim or not.and i dont think any religion accept this.

so Ask Allahs forgiveness and to choose for you the best.may Allah forgive us all.

• Im christian and married but has been separated for 10 years without legal procedures.I was planning of turning to Islam? can i marry a Muslim man after I converted to Muslim even though my first marriage is not annulled?
      Praise be to Allah.
      Firstly:
      We ask Allah to bless you and enable you to enter His religion, and we hope that that will be in the near future.
      Secondly:
      If a woman becomes Muslim and her husband does not become Muslim until her ‘iddah (waiting period following divorce or separation) is over, then it is her choice. If she wants she may marry someone else or if she wants she may wait in the hope that he may become Muslim one day.
      Ibn al-Qayyim (may Allah have mercy on him) said: What is indicated by the ruling of the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) is that the marriage contract is put on hold; if he becomes Muslim before the end of her ‘iddah, then she is his wife, but once her ‘iddah ends, she may marry whoever she wants, or if she likes she may wait for him, and if he becomes Muslim then she is still his wife, with no need for a new marriage contract.
      End quote from Zaad al-Ma‘aad fi Hadi Khayr al-‘Ibaad, 5/137

• Brother Bilal, the answer you are quoting is different because the woman converted to Islam. In the question put by this poster, the woman is still Christian. It's a whole different ball game.

3. bonecrusher,

Simply put, you cannot marry anyone when they are still legally married. Until this woman and her husband have an annulment, they are husband and wife.

4. Assalamualaikum.
    I love a married women. She also love me. she have a daughter and she is pregnant again. But we love each other. Can we marry?

• Wa Alaikum as Salam Habib, the answer is NO. You are ruining a married couple's life. If you continue, you could as well earn Allah's Anger. Fear Allah and keep away from the concerned lady. Look at the Hereafter and imagine what you will answer Allah.

For any further advise, please login and submit a new post.

Abu Abdul Bari

• "..And also prohibited to you for marriage are married women.." (Quran surah An Nisa)

FEAR ALLAH AND LEAVE HER.

5. Ramadan Kareem. Im a Christian married woman reverted to Muslim...

[Editor's note: Please submit your question as a new post for publication rather than as a comment on an existing post. That way it can be published and answered in turn, inshaAllah.]