APPETIZERS AND SNACKS:
This is a Pakistani Recipe which
makes an excellent snack.
- 1 large potato, peeled
- 1 carrot, peeled
- 1 onion
- 1 zucchini
- 30g butter
- half teaspoon curry powder
- salt, pepper and lemon juice to taste
- chilli (optional)
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- half cup vegetable oil
Salsa Dipping Sauce Ingredients:
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 spring onion, sliced
- 1 cup plain yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- Coarsely grate each of the vegetables separately.Mix potato,
carrot and onion togather. Reserve the zucchini.
- Heat butter in pan. Gently cook the curry powder for 1 minute.
Add grated potato,carrot and onion. Cook for 5 minutes, until
the mixture has thickened. Meanwhile also add salt, pepper, lemon
juice and chilli (optional).
- Transfer to a bowl. Add grated zucchini and flour. Mix well.
Stir in egg until well combined.
- Heat oil in frying pan. Drop level tablespoonsfuls of mixture
into pan. Cook on both sides until crisp. Drain on absorbent
- Serve with Salsa Dipping Sauce.
To prepare Salsa Dipping Sauce: Place all ingredients in a
food processer or blender. Process until smooth.
Say Bismillah and eat!