- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp coriander seeds
- 1/2 tsp dried hot pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp caraway seeds
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 lbs cod fillets (snapper or bluefish will do)
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 cup fish stock or bottled clam juice
- parsley for garnish
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add seeds, flakes and salt.
Roast for 2-3 minutes until fragrant. Grind spices in a spice
grinder [I used a mortar and pestle and it worked ok).
- Spread spices on fish. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Spray a ovenproof dish large enough to fit all the fish in
- Add 1/2 garlic, onions and tomato. Add fish. Add remaining
garlic, onions and tomato.
- Pour over fish stock/clam juice over fish.
- Bake in a preheated 400 degree for 20-30 minutes, depending
on the thickness of the fillets.
Say Bismillah and eat!