Artichoke and Mushroom
Serving Size: 6
- 9 ounces artichoke hearts
- 1 teaspoon olive oil 1/2 cup onion -- finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic -- finely chopped
- 3 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper -- to taste
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoned bread crumbs
Preheat oven to 350¡ F.
Lightly oil a 1-quart baking dish or spray with a nonstick cooking
Cook frozen artichokes according to package directions.
(1-16 oz. can of artichokes can be substituted, these need only
be drained.) Drain and place in pan.
Heat oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat.
Add onion and garlic.
Cook, stirring frequently, 3 minutes.
Sprinkle with spices.
Add lemon juice.
Cook, stirring frequently, 3 minutes more.
Remove from heat and stir in bread crumbs.
Spoon mushroom mixture evenly over artichokes.
Bake uncovered, 30 minutes.
Per serving: 51 Calories; 1g Fat (17% calories
from fat); 3g Protein; 9g Carbohydrate; 0mg Cholesterol; 76mg
Recipe from The Meatless Gourmet by Bobbie
Say Bismillah and eat!