Islamic marriage advice and family advice

Abandoned by my non-Muslim husband

Divorce decree

I am married to a non-muslim guy in a catholic church, by the way I am a filipina, in his assurance that he will embrace Islam when he gets to saudi as an ofw...but he did not, until he found another woman to live with and left me. It's been 3 years, how can I divorce or free myself to him? I intend to remarry if given a chance... What should I do?


Tagged as: , , , , , , , ,

3 Responses »

  1. I just want to ask if you are Muslim before you get married to him? If so, such marriage is haram and therefore void from the very beginning.
    However, if you are not Muslim prior to the said marriage, the best move is to seek for an annulment in the court
    Thank you

  2. I found the below details on Muslim marriage law in philipines

    Art. 52. Divorce by faskh. — The court may, upon petition of the wife, decree a divorce by faskh on any of the following grounds :
    (a) Neglect or failure of the husband to provide support for the family for at least six consecutive months;
    (b) Conviction of the husband by final judgment sentencing him to imprisonment for at least one year; . chanrobles virtual law library
    (c) Failure of the husband to perform for six months without reasonable cause his marital obligation in accordance with this code;
    (d) Impotency of the husband;
    (e) Insanity or affliction of the husband with an incurable disease which would make the continuance of the marriage relationship injurious to the family;
    (f)Unusual cruelty of the husband as defined under the next succeeding article; or
    (g) Any other cause recognized under Muslim law for the dissolution of marriage by faskh either at the instance of the wife or the proper wali. . chanrobles virtual law library
    Art. 53. Faskh on the ground of unusual cruelty. — A decree offaskh on the ground of unusual cruelty may be granted by the court upon petition of the wife if the husband:
    (a) Habitually assaults her or makes her life miserable by cruel conduct even if this does not result in physical injury;
    (b) Associates with persons of ill-repute or leads an infamous life or attempts to force the wife to live an immoral life;
    (c) Compels her to dispose of her exclusive property or prevents her from exercising her legal rights over it;
    (d) Obstructs her in the observance of her religious practices; or
    (e) Does not treat her justly and equitably as enjoined by Islamic law.

    If we neglect Allah's laws and live according to our desire ,do we have any protector who can save from hell fire ?

    Allah says in Quran:

    O mankind, remember the favor of Allah upon you. Is there any creator other than Allah who provides for you from the heaven and earth? There is no deity except Him, so how are you deluded? -Surat Fāţir

    Very soon we all be in front of him .One should prepare himself/herself .

    Turn to Allah and live according to sharia.. Allah is the most merciful and he forgives who repents to him and punishes who cross the limits.

  3. sallam sister, am sorry to hear that you were abandoned by a non muslim husband, what has happened has already happened and holding on to the past will not help you. forgive him and let him go.

    I had the same experience.... now I know the reason why our religion forbids marriage to a non muslim man because it never works.Its a complete disaster waiting to happen.

    Ask for forgiveness from Allah and try to mend your ways, the past has happened and you must now heal and move on. you could have also married a muslim man who can abandon you too so pick the right spouse based on -deen,

    good luck 🙂

Leave a Response