Constant doubts about my prayer

Muslim woman praying at the Blue Mosque in TurkeyHello. I am a 16 years old girl. I always had this problem of doubting my prayer ever since I started praying which was around 4 years ago (I was 12). Like I'll be in the middle of the prayer and then start thinking "did I repeat the same soorah in both raka'as? did I say the tashahud? Did I read a soorah after al fatiha?" and many more.

And also after I finish the prayer and have similar doubts.

This has led me to pray sujood as-sahu (the prostration of forgetfulness) after every single prayer, but I feel like it is wrong to do so.

This also happens during wudu. I have to repeat wudu at least 3 times and stopping midway 2-3 times before I feel like I did it correctly and go to pray. Also my mom told me to wait a little after ending each prayer before getting up so the prayer goes up, but sometimes I forget and talk after ending prayer directly or get up directly.

What can I do about these doubts? Is it ok to pray sujood as-sahu after each prayer? Do I ignore these doubts?

Thank you in advance.

- Tala

Tagged as: , , , , , , ,

1. how does prayer go up? i don't understand.

• She means go up to Allah, ie be accepted. That’s my guess. But there is no basis in Islam for this idea.

2. Just ignore these 'wehams' or doubts. this happens to me as well. just ignore them. to me this happens when i think of something else for a moment in prayer and it is hard to focus solely on your prayer, but most of the time it's just a doubt and i ignore it. cause the more i think of it, the more doubtful i get..