I feel like my death is near, and it’s really scary

Lately I've been having this feeling like the death angel is about to show up and take my soul and it's really scary. This happens everyday, and I don't like it.

dreams dreamtI've been having chest pain and have anxiety attacks. Is this my anxiety? is it shaytan?

I've also had a dream that I was at an abandoned grave-yard and there was a monster possessed by shaytan and I killed the monster. So the shaytan that possessed the monster started running after me.  I ran out of the grave-yard and the shaytan can't leave the grave-yard so I escaped. And this dream has been bothering me alongside my thoughts.

So again is this just my anxiety or shaytan or what? Does my dream mean anything or is it from the shaytan? is all this the doing of the shaytan, my anxiety, or is it a warning? It's really really really bothering me.

p.s: I was on my time of the month when I had the dream. I don't know if it makes a difference, but I thought it might.

- Tala

Tagged as: , , , , , , , ,

1. Hi Tala,

I am a Psychotherapist and I can tell that this is just a dream which was a result of your daytime anxiety. You seem to be having thoughts of death which definitely makes you very anxious. Our dreams are often often made up of stuff that we either experience or mostly think about during the day.
    This thought of expecting death Angel to show up is just anxiety as most definitely there is something in your life which is disturbing for you and your mind is focusing on making up thoughts which trigger anxiety. This is not the Shayatan but your own made up thoughts. I would suggest you see a therapist which will help you with your anxiety and this will have an affect on your entire wellbeing. Goodluck!

• Thank you very much for your reply. Just reading this and knowing what is causing it made me relaxed. Hope you have a great day.

• I’ve recently had another dream in which my dad wanted me to marry my cousin- I wasn’t told which one- and I was upset about it so I went to my room, got ready, and then before we left to go to the ceremony I ran away with my brothers and mom to my grand mothers house. In my dream I was never on my way to my groom or wedding.

I read somewhere that if a girl sees herself in a dream that she is on her way to her groom but doesn’t make it or wasn’t able to reach him, her death is near, but in my dream it’s not that I was unable to reach him, I purposely avoided my wedding my running away with my mom and siblings, so it’s different, at least I think so.

My dream is different than the interpretation I read online, right? It’s just my thoughts and anxiety trying to convince me otherwise, right?

I was, yet again, on my tome of the month when I had my dream. Does have an interpretation or is it just a dream if many others? It’s also been bothering me.

2. Asalamualaykum Tala,

You write that you were menstruating. That very possibly triggered these thoughts or the magnitude of them, as our period or "time of the month" often amplifies whatever it is that we are most anxious about at the time. Like it just blows everything out of proportion. Sometimes it's good because it draws attention to something we need to work on or focus on, but sometimes it's just plain creativity of the brain.

🙂

Nor
    IslamicAnswers

• Thank you very much for your fast reply. I just wanted to point out that the dream happened on my time of the month, but the thoughts still happens even without my menstruation. But again thank you for explaining that it’s my anxiety.

• Tala,

Yup! No problem 🙂

Nor
        IslamicAnswers

• Hello,

I wanted to tell you that the thoughts calmed down a little, but then again I started thinking about death. Like i'll be like "why buy that shoes? I might die" and it's been make me super anxious. My family is going to install an Ice rink in the house, but I keep thinking " will I even be alive?"

Any help on how to calm these thoughts down? I keep thinking "are these thoughts really from me?" Like what if it's a warning.

any help?

Thank you.

-Tala

3. Salaamu Alaikum warahmatullah wabarakatuh
    Aoo'thu billahi minish shaytanir rajeem
    Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem
    Oh, dear sister also try to ask someone of knowledge about your
    dream and concern. Allah know when it's our time.
    In shaa Allah increase in optional Salah,or Dhikr or reading Qur'an
    and make sure you at least fast you make up days for Ramadan. Do
    Astighfir'Allah and put your trust in Allah(Subhana a Ta'la)
    In shaa Allah listen to good Islamic lectures, recite
    Al-Fatihah, Quls, Ayatul Kursi and last 2 Ayat of Surah Al Baqarah.
    Allah doesn't put on us more than we can bear.
    In shaa Allah here is a lecture I would like to
    share with you. May Allah bless you with Sakinah,
    forgive you, have mercy on you and draw you closer to
    Him. Even if it's shaytan wanting to scare you, your best protector is Allah.

4. Salaamu Alaikum
    Here's there lecture
    https://youtu.be/N5nry0lyEE0

5. assalamu alaikom

i can relate to you since ive became a hypochondriac almost two years ago, it started in december 2018 andi always thought i wouldn't make it to 2019 and that id die from a heart attack, well i lived throught it and then i get anxious about another disease, i thought i had ca**er in 2019 and was sure id not make it to 2020, now i calmed down. what i want to say is that sometimes our mind trick us into believing some stuff that will not happen, what i advice you to do is pray more, have faith in allah.