Related to Zina and Repentance (Penalty if applicable)

Repentance

Salam All,

I am 25 years old and by profession I am an engineer. I am here for some guidance and suggestions. Before I start my fellows I need you to tell me what to do further.

Years back in my teenage between 15 age. I never had any knowledge about Zinaa. I got involved in sexual acts with a girl who also had no knowledge about this even. We never had any penetrative sex. After this I never got involved in any of these act again with the same girl nor with anyone else. I knew I did commit a sin, A sin which is considered to be a bigger one. With age I started to think how to repent further.

I repented from that day and till now. I feel guilty, sad and earthed. I still want to beg before Allah S.W.T till I get satisfied that I have done enough in this world to beg for forgiveness of this sin.

I have changed myself completely.Allah S.W.T has guided me. Repented and prayed for forgiveness. 3 years back I went to Ummrah and I prayed in Kabah inside the fountain of Rehmat for forgiveness and offered Nawafils for TAUBA there.

Please guide me what to do next so that I get further satisfied that Allah SWT will forgive me on this sin.

1. Should I give some food to the needy in repentance of this Sin i committed in past  ? If applicable for how many days and for how many people ?
  2. Any other penalty/act in terms of Islam related to this act I did for repentance ?

Please guide me. I want to get rid of this before I get married to someone else. As Allah S.W.T said that for pure men there are pure women. So before I get married in future I want to do something which will make Allah S.W.T forgive me on this sin.

your suggestions will be grateful. May Allah S.W.T bless you all.

HassiBT

Tagged as: , , , , , , , , , ,

1. Assalaamualaykum HassiBT,

The acts that you engaged in were 10 years ago and you never repeated them, from what I read. So you have repented, my brother, and as Allah is the Most Merciful, I am confident you have done enough!

You can still give to the needy, etc, as those are good deeds and helpful regardless, but as far as having come close to Zina, I feel you have repented.

May Allah find you a suitable marriage partner

Best,

Nor

2. Ma,sha Allah ,masha,Allah ,ma,sha,Allah brother all I'm going to say is stay on the path your on ,, you give some of us hope ,,

3. Assalamualaikum, Hasib. Here are some beautiful hadiths I've collected for you.

Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) said:
    The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said, "By the One in Whose Hand my soul is! If you do not commit sins, Allah would replace you with a people who would commit sins and seek forgiveness from Allah; and Allah will certainly forgive them."
    [Muslim].

The Prophet (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said, “The devil said to his Lord, ‘By Your Glory and Majesty! As long as the children of Adam exist on earth, I shall continuously misguide them.’ Allah replied, ‘By My Glory and Majesty! As long as they seek My forgiveness, I will continue to forgive them.’”
    [Musnad Ahmad and it is Sahih]

Ibn 'Abbas (May Allah be pleased with them) said:
    The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said, "If anyone constantly seeks pardon (from Allah), Allah will appoint for him a way out of every distress and a relief from every anxiety, and will provide sustenance for him from where he expects not."
    [Abu Dawud].

Shaddad bin Aus (May Allah be pleased with him) said:
    The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "The best supplication for seeking forgiveness (Syed-ul- Istighfar) is to say: 'Allahumma Anta Rabbi, la ilaha illa Anta, khalaqtani wa ana 'abduka, wa ana 'ala 'ahdika wa wa'dika mastata'tu, a'udhu bika min sharri ma sana'tu, abu'u laka bini'matika 'alayya, wa abu'u bidhanbi faghfir li, fa innahu la yaghfirudh-dhunuba illa Anta. (O Allah! You are my Rubb. There is no true god except You. You have created me, and I am Your slave, and I hold to Your Covenant as far as I can. I seek refuge in You from the evil of what I have done. I acknowledge the favours that You have bestowed upon me, and I confess my sins. Pardon me, for none but You has the power to pardon).' He who supplicates in these terms during the day with firm belief in it and dies on the same day (before the evening), he will be one of the dwellers of Jannah; and if anyone supplicates in these terms during the night with firm belief in it and dies before the morning, he will be one of the dwellers of Jannah."
    [Al-Bukhari].

Ibn Mas'ud (May Allah be pleased with him) said:
    The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said, "He who says: 'Astaghfir ullah-alladhi la ilaha illa Huwal-Haiyul-Qayyumu, wa atubu ilaihi (I seek the forgiveness of Allah, there is no true god except Allah, the Ever-Living, the Self- Subsisting, and I turn to Him in repentance),' his sins will be forgiven even if he should have run away from the battlefield (while he was engaged in fighting for the Cause of Allah)."
    [Abu Dawud, At-Tirmidhi and Al-Hakim (on conditions of Al-Bukhari and Muslim for accepting Hadith)].

'Aishah (May Allah be pleased with her) reported:
    Prior to his demise, the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) used to supplicate frequently: Subhan Allahi wa bihamdihi; Astaghfirullaha wa atubu ilaihi (Allah is free from imperfection, and I begin with praising Him. I beg forgiveness from Allah and I turn to Him in repentance."
    [Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

Anas (May Allah be pleased with him) said:
    I heard the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) saying, "Allah, the Exalted, has said: 'O son of Adam! I shall go on forgiving you so long as you pray to Me and aspire for My forgiveness whatever may be your sins. O son of Adam! I do not care even if your sins should pile up to the sky and should you beg pardon of Me, I would forgive you. O son of Adam! If you come to Me with an earthful of sins and meet Me, not associating anything with Me in worship, I will certainly grant you as much pardon as will fill the earth."'
    [At-Tirmidhi].

Ibn 'Umar (May Allah be pleased with them) said:
    We counted Messenger's saying a hundred times during one single sitting: Rabb- ighfir li, wa tubb 'alayya, innaka Antat-Tawwabur-Rahim. (My Rubb! Forgive me and pardon me. Indeed, You are the Oft-Returning with compassion and Ever Merciful."
    [Abu Dawud and At- Tirmidhi].

Some hadiths for you to look forward to Jannah, Inshallah.

Abu Musa (May Allah be pleased with him) said:
    The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "In Jannah the believer will have a tent made of a single hollowed pearl of which the length will be sixty miles in the sky. The believer will have his wives with him and he will visit them and they will not be able to see one another."
    [Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

Sahl bin Sa'd (May Allah be pleased with him) said:
    The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said, "The dwellers of Jannah will see the upper abodes of Jannah as you see the stars in the sky."
    [Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said, "In Jannah there is a market to which the people will come every Friday. The northern wind will blow and shower fragrance on their faces and clothes and, consequently, it will enhance their beauty and loveliness. They will then return to their wives who will also have increased in their beauty and loveliness, and their families will say to them: 'We swear by Allah that you have been increased in beauty and loveliness since leaving us.' Thereupon they will reply: 'We swear by Allah that you have also been increased in beauty and loveliness since we left you."'
    [Muslim].

I was in the company of the Prophet (ﷺ). He gave a description of Jannah and concluded with these words, "There will be bounties which no eye has seen, no ear has heard and no human heart has ever perceived." He (ﷺ) then recited this Verse:
    "Their sides forsake their beds, to invoke their Rubb in fear and hope, and they spend (in charity in Allah's Cause) out of what We have bestowed on them. No person knows what is kept hidden for them of joy..." (32:16,17)
    [Al-Bukhari].

Allah, the Exalted, says:

"Verily, those who believe and do deeds of righteousness, their Rubb will guide them through their Faith; under them will flow rivers in the Gardens of Delight (Jannah). Their way of request therein will be Subhanaka Allahumma (Glory to You, O Allah!) and Salam (peace, safety from evil) will be their greetings therein (Jannah)! and the close of their request will be: Al-hamdu lillahi Rabbil-'Alamin [All the praises and thanks are to Allah, the Rubb of 'Alamin (mankind, jinn and all that exists)]." (10:9,10)