Three year old toddler not speaking properly

bringing up child baby

Assalam-o-alaikum.
My son is almost three years old.But he doesn't speak more than five words.plz give me some dua or sureh to read so that he can speak the meaningful things.
Thank you.

Tagged as: , , , , , , ,

1. I would like to suggest that you consult a Psychiatrist to check if He shows symptoms of Minor Autism or Asperger Syndrome. I've a known a toddler who has shown reticence at a young age. There isn't a hard and fast dua to get a Child speaking. However, I could suggest this from Quran:

And those who say, "Our Lord, grant us from among our wives and offspring comfort to our eyes and make us an example for the righteous."(Qur'an, AlFurqan, 25:74)

O my Lord! Make me one who establishes regular Prayer, and also [raise such] among myoffspring O our Lord! And accept Thou my Prayer. (Qur'an, Ibrahim, 14:40)

I will pray that May Allah make it easy for you.

2. Maybe you should take her to the speech tharapy. My daughter strted to speak fluently when she was 4yr old she was not autistic by had and speach problem now my daughter is 20yr old studying law .

3. Assalaamualaikam

If you have concerns about your son's language development, I'd advise taking him to see your family doctor or a child specialist (a paediatrician) - they should inshaAllah be able to advise you on how to help him.

There are many reasons why a child might not develop their language skills as quickly as would be expected, and most of us are not experts in child development, so we can't tell you what is the problem in your son's case - you need to speak with a specialist. Some things that can be associated with slower language development include:-
    - having problems with hearing (if you can't hear a word properly, then you can't say it)
    - being a slow starter in language development, but then catching up later
    - developmental difficulties or disorders such as the autistic spectrum disorders
    - difficulties in forming the words (which might benefit from speech therapy)

InshaAllah, specialists should be able to help your son develop his language skills and address any underlying problem if there is one. Keep making dua, and have faith that Allah knows what is best for you and your son in this life and the next.

Midnightmoon
    IslamicAnswers.com editor

4. Assalam alaikum,

It is a good idea to take your son to the doctor and have him assessed by a speech pathologist. BUT please keep in mind that different children do develop differently and it is too early to make a conclusive assessment and render him under several labels.

I suggest that you get a few different assessments and opinions and work with your son on your own. I also suggest that you begin a program with him at home by teaching him the Arabic alphabet--not too fast, but at his pace only. An example of this could be a set of five 2 minute lessons in a day on a specific letter or even on a specific sound. A lesson on a sound could be again a set of five 2 minute lessons with the help of pictures (for example for the sound "v" use pictures starting with v). Work on one sound or one letter for a week and then the next week start on another. It should not be cumbersome and stressful for him but rather fun and something he looks forward to. Teach him in a way so that he doesn't know he is being taught, but rather that it is a game for him.

Also, if you are speaking more than one language at home with him, you may want to focus on one language for now until you see him growing. It could be that he is having a plateau in his development which is further lengthened by other factors.

I also suggest playing flash cards with him - maybe 10 cards in a sitting where he has to say what is in the picture. You can get other ideas by watching some videos on youtube regarding speech pathology. Again, it is too early to conclude if your son has a learning disability so try not to get stressed out. Sometimes children are 7 or 8 before a conclusion can be made--so simply do your best at home and work with the suggestion of professionals inn shaa Allah.

May Allah make it easy for you and your son, Ameen.

5. Asak Sister Saba , Good suggestion .Jazak Allah .

6. Asalamu alaikum,

My nephew could also barely speak at age 4.i remember when he couldnt find words he use to point at the things he wanted. Some children are very slow at progressing. Now he talks so much, he doesnt stop. So continue doing speech practice with the child. Keep reminding him of names of things, sit down and read children books with him. Pray and be patient.

Ma salama..

7. Deficits in social communication and social interactionโ€ manifesting in, for example, poor back-and-forth communication, deficient eye contact, and absence in an interest in peers or inability to sustain the relationship/interaction.

8. Assalam-o-alaikum.
    My son is almost three years old.But he doesn't speak more than one two words and not even stand with out support plz give me some dua or sureh to read so that he can speak and stand nd walk alone the meaningful things.
    every reports of my son is ok their is no problem.

9. Feeling sad my son is about 2years 7months not speaking correctly.please help me if there is any dua regarding this.

10. My child 2year not speaking any dua

11. ุฑูŽุจูู‘ ุงุดู’ุฑูŽุญู’ ู„ููŠ ุตูŽุฏู’ุฑููŠ ูˆูŽูŠูŽุณูู‘ุฑู’ ู„ููŠ ุงูŽู…ู’ุฑููŠ ูˆูŽุงุญู’ู„ูู„ู’ ุนูู‚ู’ุฏูŽุฉู‹ ู…ูู†ู’ ู„ูุณูŽุงู†ููŠ ูŠูŽูู’ู‚ูŽู‡ููˆุง ู‚ูŽูˆู’ู„ููŠ
    O my Lord! Expand for me my breast [with assurance] and ease for me my task and untie the knot from my tongue that they may understand my speech. (Ta-Ha:25-28)

12. Do not worry, inshahllah, every trial in life is a means to come closer to Allah (swt). There is such power in dua that we cannot imagine it. Allah (swt) has given back eyesight to the blind and cured people people from diseases that no medical journal can explain, all from the power of dua. So speech is nothing for Allah (swt) to cure. Establish regular prayer, give charity in the name of your child and make sincere dua. Try to get your child to recite Surah Fatiha, even a small portion. If he/she becomes distracted, it's ok, leave them alone and continue from the next verse where you left off till you complete it. Also the verse in Surah 20 (verses 25-28), read this regularly on your child. Inshahllah all will be well.

13. To b recited upon child: Surah Taha (verse 25-28)