Dua for Anxiety and Stress

sajdah silhouette 300x157 %photoAlhamdulillah, here are some dua’a to make when under stress and experiencing anxiety. They are a means of dispelling fear, of seeking forgiveness of Allah, seeking His aid, protection and guidance. They are the words of the Messenger of Allah (sall’allahu alayhi wasallam) and hence anyone that sincerely makes these dua during times of great need Allah will always answer the dua of the sinere seeker. May they be of benefit to us all for there is not a time in the life of a believer when he or she does not need the protection, guidance and mercy of Allah.

And those that turn to Allah sincerely imploring His aid should know that in reality it is Allah turning to His servant, for, “When Allah wants to be good to someone, He tries him with some hardship.” (Abu Hurairah)

General advice from Prophet Muhammad (sall’allahu alayhi wasallam) when you are in distress or suffering from anxiety:

In hadith #599 narrated by Abdullah ibn Abbas in Sunan Abu Dawood, The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: If anyone continually asks pardon, Allah will appoint for him a way out of every distress, and a relief from every anxiety, and will provide for him from where he did not reckon.

When in distress or difficulty or sorrow:

Source for this dua subsection: Fiqh-us-Sunnah, volume 4, no 128

1. Ibn ‘Abbas reported, “The Prophet, peace be upon him, at times of sorrow and grief used to supplicate, La ilaha illa Allah Al-’Azim, Al-’Alim, la ilaha illa Allah, Rabbul ‘arshil ‘Azim, la ilaha illa Allahu, Rabbus-Samawati wa rabbul ardi wa rabbul ‘arshi karim (There is no god but Allah, the Mighty, the Forbearing, there is no god but Allah, the Lord of the mighty throne, there is no god but Allah, the Lord of the heavens and the earth, and the Lord of the throne of honor)’.”
Source: Bukhari and Muslim.

2. Anas said that when the Prophet, peace be upon him, was faced with a serious difficulty, he would always supplicate, “Ya Hayyu, ya Qayyumu, bi-rahmatika astaghithu (O the Living, O the Eternal, I seek help in Your grace)."
Source: Tirmidhi

dua hands and alharam 274x300 %photo3. Abu Hurairah reported that whenever the Prophet, peace be upon him, was faced with a serious difficulty, he would raise his head to the sky and supplicate, “Subhan-Allah al-’Azim (glory be to Allah, the Mighty).” And when he implored seriously and strongly, he would say, “Ya Hayyu, Ya Qayyum (O the Living, the Eternal One).”
Source: Tirmidhi

4. Abu Bakrah reported that the Prophet, peace be upon him, said, “The supplications of distress are, ‘Allahumma rahmataka arju, fala takilni ila nafsi tarfata ‘ain, wa aslah li sha’ni kullahu, la ilaha illa anta (O Allah, I hope for Your mercy, so give me not over to my self even for as little as wink of an eye, and set right all my affairs, there is no god but You).”
Source: Abu Daw’ud

5. Asma, daughter of ‘Amais, reported that the Prophet, peace be upon him, asked her, “Shall I tell you words that you may say in times of pain or distress. These are, ‘Allah, Allah, Rabbi la ushriku bihi shai’an (Allah, Allah, my Lord, I associate none with Him).” Another narration says that these words should be said seven times.
Source: Abu Daw’ud

6. Sa’d ibn Waqas reported that the Prophet, peace be upon him, said, “The supplication made by the Companion of the Fish (Prophet Yunus) in the belly of the fish was, ‘La ilaha illa anta, subhanaka, inni kuntu minadh-dhalimin (there is no god but You, You are far exalted and above all weaknesses, and I was indeed the wrongdoer)’. If any Muslim supplicates in these words, his supplication will be accepted.”

In another report we read, “I know words that will cause Allah to remove one’s distress. These are the words (of supplication) of my brother Yunus, peace be upon him.”
Source: Tirmidhi

7. Ibn Mas’ud reported that the Prophet, peace be upon him, said, “If any servant of Allah afflicted with distress or grief makes this supplication, his supplication will be accepted:O Allah, I am Your servant, son of Your servant, son of your maidservant. My forehead is in Your hand. Your command conceming me prevails, and Your decision concerning me is just. I call upon You by every one of the beautiful names by which You have described Yourself, or which You have revealed in Your book, or have taught anyone of Your creatures, or which You have chosen to keep in the knowledge of the unseen with You, to make the Qur’an the delight of my heart, the light of my breast, and remover of my griefs, sorrows, and afflictions‘.” A supplication in these words will be answered. Allah will remove one’s affliction and replace it with joy and happiness.
Source: Reported by Ahmad and Ibn Hibban

8. Anas reported that the Prophet, peace be upon him, used to supplicate, “O Allah, there is no ease except what You make easy, and you alone can turn a difficulty into ease.” (Ibn As-sinni)
Source: Fiqh-us-Sunnah, Volume 4, #131

young woman duaa %photo

Dua and Qadr (predestination) are both a part of Allah's plan

9. Allah’s Apostle used to say at the time of difficulty, “None has the right to be worshipped but Allah, the Majestic, the Most Forbearing. None has the right to be worshipped but Allah, the Lord of the Tremendous Throne. None has the right to be worshipped but Allah, the Lord of the Heavens and the Lord of the Honourable Throne.”
Source: narrated by Ibn Abbas in Sahih Bukhari, volume 9, #526.

Remember that sickness expiates evil deeds and wipes out sins

Abu Hurairah narrates that the Prophet, peace be upon him, said: “When Allah wants to be good to someone, He tries him with some hardship.”

Abu Hurairah also reports that Allah’s Messenger, peace be upon him, said: “For every misfortune, illness, anxiety, grief, or hurt that afflicts a Muslim, even the hurt caused by the pricking of a thorn – Allah removes some of his sins.”

Ibn Mas’ud said: “I visited the Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, while he had a fever. I exclaimed: ‘O Messenger of Allah! You have a high fever! ‘ He said: ‘My fever is as much as two among you [might have]. ‘ I asked: ‘Is it because you have a double reward?’ He replied: ‘Yes, that is right.  No Muslim is afflicted with any hurt, even if it is no more than the pricking of a thorn, but Allah wipes off his sins because of it and his sins fall away from him as leaves fall from a tree‘.”

Abu Hurairah (r) said: “The Prophet, peace be upon him, remarked: ‘The example of a believer is like a fresh tender plant; from whichever direction the wind blows, it bends the plant. But when the wind dies down, it straightens up again. (Similarly a believer is tested by afflictions to strengthen his faith and heart, and he remains patient and firm). And an evil person is like a pine tree which remains hard and stiff until Allah breaks it whenever He wills.”

Source: Fiqh-us-Sunnah, volume 4, #1

Link to the original article: http://makkah.wordpress.com/2006/12/02/stress-management-part-2/

1. if possible Please send me more duas for my daily routine work

2. In their own way, everyone at some point in their lives face difficulties.

My heart is so immensely torn and my salaah is just about balancing on a very thin string. I know what Allah wants me to do. He wants me to make dua without a distracted heart. He wants me to strengthen myself, so I perfect my obligatory and invest in my voluntary good deeds. But my heart is so in need of healing. Its amazing right, the heart is a vessel that carries so much, not just blood and veins, but feelings and pain. It feels light when we are happy and likewise physically hurts when we are burdened with pain. My tears are always ready to flow at the smallest thing. This is not the feeling that a strong Muslim should feel as it has gone on for too long.

I know how to console myself. Allah knows better than we do. If He deprives us of something, there is Divine Wisdom behind it. If He gives us something, it may be a blessing or perhaps a test.

Ya Rabb, I don't ask You to take my pain away. I just implore You equip me with the faith and patience to deal with it. I implore You to make me grateful to You for all the blessings You have given me and for all the difficulties You have saved me from. I implore You to forgive me for my wrong deeds that may have resulted in my current trial and I implore You to make me into the Muslim that you will be pleased with on the Day of Judgement.

Umm Maryam

• Ameen. Umm Maryam you're different! I read your post and I'm relieved, may the Almighty Allah accept our prayers and give us the strength to withstand the difficulties we're facing and forgive us. Amen

• Assalam u Alaikum Sister Umm Maryam, u cant believe i had tears reading ur post. I am kind of in the same situation rite now and I was asking ALLAH to show me a sign, to guide me and I happen to read your post. Weird thing is tht we have the same name, n ur post really gave me hope. I think its a sign from ALLAH. I hope whatever distress ur in is solved and ALLAH grants u happiness and health. Please pray the same for me. I dont wana lose the battle and i want to hold on to hope.

• im having difficulties in my faith :( i dont know when a day hasnt gone by where i havent shed a tear from the deperssion im slowly going into i fear that im becoming a sinner and am having evil thoughts that i pray to god to take away i feel like god is tested me but something im so sad and angry t:(

• I write this with sadness full of my heart.i am a sinner of adultry,i say alot of bad words towards god for my sins and i have regret for all my sins.am pleading with any sincere heart person to help me pray to god for forgiveness.poor heart

• Assalam o alaikum Brother Majeed,
          I guess you have to log in and submit your question as a separate post to be answered as the editors of this website say,but I'll give you a short answer.

You committed some really grave sins as you mentioned that you committed adultry,one of the gravest sins after shirk and murder,but brother your sin is not greater than the mercy and throne of Allah.
          “And those who invoke not any other ilaah (god) along with Allaah, nor kill such person as Allaah has forbidden, except for just cause, nor commit illegal sexual intercourse __and whoever does this shall receive the punishment.

. The torment will be doubled to him on the Day of Resurrection, and he will abide therein in disgrace;

Except those who repent and believe (in Islamic Monotheism), and do righteous deeds; for those, Allaah will change their sins into good deeds, and Allaah is Oft‑Forgiving, Most Merciful (Surah furqan)|
          The doors of repentance are always open. repent to Allah,fulfill the islamic obligations and become closer to Allah. you'll feel much better. JazakAllah

• Asalamu'alaikum, La illa ha ill lala
      This is sooooooo weird, i'm going through the exact same thing and making the same prayers. I'm really grateful that you posted this, it's comforting to know I'm not the only Muslim sister going through a test. The fact that you have the same name, well that's just amazing!
      Anyway, I hope Allah guides us both and sees us both through this, and makes us both stronger and wiser when this is all over.
      I wish you the best sister.
      Ameen.

• My duas are with you my sister. I too feel challenged and ask Allah to give me patience, above all. Thank you Allah for your beautiful blessings in my life. Please give me the strength and patience to face my daily challenges with abundant love rather than anger and frustration. Ameen.

• Salam Umm Maryam.You have summed up your Dua admirably.May Allah the Almighty lighten your burden for you and all those in distress and pain.Ameen.
      May Allah help you find ease from your difficulties and all those experiencing it.
      A tongue that is occupied with Zikr and a Heart which is greatful are among the best gifts for a believer.

• Dear sister Umm Maryam I too have the same problem. Reading your post has given me hope, I think it's a sign from Allah that led me to you. It's comforting to know that I am not the only one going through this.
      May Allah grant us happiness , health & also strength & patience to face daily challenges.
      Please pray for me that I too overcome them.

• A Dua from heart. May Allah hear our prayers.

• Slms sister, i feel your pain as i too am experiencing what you describe. ALLAH Swt says that those HE wants closest to HIM, HE tests n puts thru trials the most. HE Swt closes all doors when HE Swt wants you for HIMSELF. Inshallah this will help give you immense relief. It helps me whenever i am able(still struggling - hehe) to overcome my nafs. Take care. Remember ALLAH SWT loves you.

• Don't say "Allah don't remove my pain""that way u r under estimating the giving power of Allah. Ask for 100%

• I feel the same way,and I miss my prayers quite often now and when I pray I don't know why I just don't feel the way I used tooo, I used to pray on time, listen to lectures, I used to be so strong no one could get in my way, but now I don't know what's wrong with me..

• umm maryam. I have read your post and hope that your dua is listened and your problems are solved asap. May Allah help you in all your problems of life. Ameen :)

• Ameen Ya Rab. Ameen. Pls. pray for others who suffer the same feelings/acts, fear etc.

3. Assalamualaykum,...Awesum ,really xtraordinary website...the way u r suggesting thousands f ppl in a rightoes path iz da awesum thng i likd...may allah 's blessings b upon on all the founders n developers of this site...thank u al...

• Thank you brother.

• I am so stressed... But just coz of dis site alhumdulilah... I can atlst cntrol my self... Jazakillah 4 creatng dis site... I will never eva 4get how has dis help me...

More over I appriciate mohammad waseem the most jazakallah..:)

• I agree br. Rameez.

There have been many times I have found mental peace here. Only Allah knows the help that I have recieved from this site, despite never writing my own question. I pray Allah rewards all involved in the making and maintenance of this site with endless blessings in the dunya and the Aakhirah. Ameen. Thummah Ameen.

4. May Allah bless you guys for posting this, i really needed it going through hard times, may Allah make me strong. thank u so much

• JazakhaAllahkhair Arwa,

May Allah make your difficulty a reason for you to become nearer to Him(swt). Remember, Allah promises to give us ease after difficulty. Feel free to write here if you wish to de-stress, it always helps to lighten a heavy heart. And perhaps a simple goodly word by one of our writers may bring a smile to your face and a twinkle to your eye. Chin up my girl : ) x

SisterZ
      x

• assalamu alikum sister Z.. its good to know that everyone may post their difficulties and might find their answers and be guided as well in this website, Alhamdullilah! !

i am a young adult struggling in life, my family are not reach but I am trully thankful to Allah for all the blessings.. however sometimes when hardships/difficulties/test is present, i feel like im lost, my hope, my faith is shaking..sometimes i cant help thinkin that it is all happening because Allah hates me because im a sinner..

currently, im xperiencing difficulties whether or not to take the BAR examination again, i already flunked twice and now again my family sent me again in a BAR review classes which is not that cheap.. i want to help my family, but instead i feel like im adding burden to their difficulties because of my dream..should i go on? or maybe its a sign that it is not for me?

• You should take 3rd time. You never may know Allah this time help you pass it. If not, atleast you tried as your family will appreciate. Good luck. May Allah Guide you.

• Sala'am Thank you all for this site for it is a great help to me. Iam right now going through a difficult time, i have experienced this before but it seems i have not learnt my lesson and now here iam again going through heartbreak for the second time. Iam praying for Allah (SWA) to forgive me and give me the will and emotional strength to carry on so that i will not break down.

• You should definitely take the bar exam again. I'm an attorney is and I think that you should try again. There are so many successful attorneys who did pass the bar exam on the first shot. Inshallah khar! Good luck

• Aslamulakum brothers and sistas. I'll make Dua for you and plesse make Dua for me. Going through so much anxiety that im ganna see a psycitrist! I feel crazy for seeing one. A family member whom im closeset too called me crazy for seeing one in the past. Even though she's seen a concilor. I feel helpless, i cry and feel like my heart's literally shrinking. The psycitrist is female and most likely non-muslim .Im dreading to see her raise her eyebrows at my painful experiances and thoughts. The sadiest abt all this, i wear hijab am brit/pakistani and i feel this way.

5. Thank u so much sisterZ wallah u made me feel happy because I am going thru a difficult time right now, and I pray to Allah that he helps me and makes me stronger cause I believe in him and I know there is no other God except Allah himself. May Allah bless u and can u please make prayers for me.

6. Alhamdulillah for this post!

Jazakallahu Khairan..this is just what I needed

7. Salaam brothers and sisters in islam,shukran i already feel better

8. jazakallah i got a li'l bit relief from all my anxieties reading all ur mails.thanks

9. thanks for the duas. I'm in real crises in my life,. My in laws are coming to my house. my husband has already given me the thread of leaving me. I have two boys, I really want to have my family. I'm praying to Allah some way stop my in laws to come to my place. I'm very much in stress. I'm reciting the doas whenever I can.

10. Jazakallah Khair, Just what I was looking for, May allah bless you for posting this. My heart is light in half an hour! Power of dua, the most potent weapon in the world.

• I've been feeling stressed and depressed, my feelings are all over the place and I'm looking for a vacation but I have to finish high school, I have a year left and I'm afraid what is in store for me I've had a difficult life pretty much all the time and te one year I was happy( yes I was happy!) went by like a blink of an eye and idk what's has changed this year... May Allah be pleased with all of us be he forgive and guide us and keep us patient and strong. PATIENCE AND STRENGTH is what we need toget through the pain were feeling, so pray for that and Be patient an Stay strong for you not for others! Be patient ad stay strong!

• I'm happy my words were what you were looking for to make ur heart lighter! I'm hoping that we all find what were looking for int his life but as long as we make sure it's the right path in Islam! May god bless you and your life ur mother ur father and ur loved ones surrounding u.

• I also forgot to mention thank you for the duaa you have made for me thank you and may god keep you happy, whatever is ur problem you will get through it! Inshallah

11. Asalaam aleykum I realy need help am going through a rough time my boyfriends wants to dump me my life is a mess and I don't know what to do

• Dear Latifa, Walaykumsalaam,

I am sorry that you are going through a difficult time. Please log in and submit your question as a separate post. In the meantime, please look through the previous questions on IslamicAnswers.com and you may find an answer to your issue.

SisterZ

• Latifa, when did you submit your question? If you tell me, I will look through it and as Maria said, we will assess its urgency. We are inundated with questions, so cannot guarantee that it will be published immediately.

Sis - At the same time, please do look through the database for a similar question/answer. Many of the issues on this website are similar if not identical to yours and so I am sure that they will apply to you too.

SisterZ

• As salamu alaykum, sister Latifa,

Your post has already being published, it seems that you don´t recognize it, do you?

Please stop writing drafts, I have deleted three already, thank you.

I hope the answers you have received help you to move on, insha´Allah.

María

• http://www.zawaj.com/askbilqis/life-mess-die/

This is your post.

María

12. Salam, I am going through a difficult time, my mind is all over the place, I am loosing sleep over the situation. What has happened is I am being accused of being a thief. Someone was ment to be delivering some goods to me on behalf of someone else, I was not available to take the delivery so the person is saying they left it in my garden, when I went to get the items nothing was there, i told the people nothing was there on my arrival, now the person who sent the goods thinks i am lying and is accusing me of being a thief. There is no proof the person delivered the goods but the owner is talking his word and I have no proof the goods were not there.
    Is there any dua's one can read to help find the missing goods and also does anyone know of any dua's to help ease the stress or any dua's that could help in this situation.
    jazakallah

• Salam, May Allah Bless You in time of difficulties! Listen to me, be Parker and Allah will help u with it pray and pray to the Magneficent One and He will indeed help u, I'm not saying ur problem will be resolved over nite I'm saying be patient te only one that needs to know that ur telling the truth is Allah and urself! Be patient and stay strong! They can accuse u of murder as long as u and Allah both know u didn't do it then you will get through this! STAY STROG AND BE PATIENT!

• As salamu alaykum, Sufian,

I just wrote a reply, sharing some information you may want to put on practice, insha´Allah.

http://www.zawaj.com/askbilqis/tested-sins-forgiven/comment-page-1/#comment-30054

I hope it helps, insha´Allah.

María

13. I just figured something about myself... i dont like change in my life, change is a part of life, but in my life I've had way way way to much change! I would always wonder why I don't want this to happen or that and it finally hit me that those things r big changes in my life and I'm tired and not ready for those changes to happen! Allah guide me inshallah to the right path in islam! I don't know why but I might think this may have happened because of certain changes in my life! But a long while to finally figure what was wrong with me, what would take my mind somewhere else when I'm around friends or family or when I should be focusing on something my mind is always flying off trying to wonder what's wrong with me! I say alhamdullah for what Allah has given me, and helping me through my difficulties. I don't want to be around when these changes happen. I'm just not ready for anymore changes in my life. Allah guide, protect and help me out with changes in my life, ease me through the changes in my life! Give me patience and strenghth for my life inshallah and get me through my tough times. Ameen! Help all those in need.

14. U highly trip me with dis writ up. Ma y allah continue to strenghting ur knowledge. Pls I beg in d name of allah do pray 4 prosperity 4 me. I realy need it. May allah answer all musllim prayer. Ramadan kareem

• Dear Fatai,

"U highly trip me with dis writ up." Thats an interesting way of expressing yourself, lol. Anyhow, I pray that Allah(swt) Ar-Razzaq (The All Provider), grants you with prosperity and everything that will benefit you in this life and the next and save you from all that is be bad for you in this life and the next and may He(swt) make you pleased with it, aameen! And 'aameen' to your dua too!

SisterZ

15. aoa sisters
    m having a big trouble. i m engaged and my proposal is from out of family. my family and inlaws family are making very opposite decisions now regarding marriage matters. Please pray for me,my fiance and my both family's betterment. these days i am emotionally so low that i m not praying duas for my own self which isn't good. plz plz pray for my good future thanks

16. Im having some distress about my marriage for a long time now - I have repented for sins and asked dua and I got a good proposal - but due to an invalid reason - the persons mother refuses to accept me though both of us (the guy and me) have given consent as we find each other compatible in relegion first then in all other aspects and my parents agreed - but his mother has not been willing to accept me at all. Please ask dua that my marriage is finalised soon to this person. I feel he is right for me as he is good character and not any romantic fairy tale person.
    Please pray for me. Im not afraid of this adversity or uncertainity - whatever pain or struggles is from Allah and I am sure He will give me strength - but heart sometimes weeps in pain.
    Im praying and asking dua alot - sometimes the negative thoughts distract me. Please pray for my heart to be strong in eeman and make me deserving of Allahs mercy.
    I pray for all those who are in any struggle in this dunya - May Allah make it easy for you. Inshallah Ameen.
    All of you are doing a great job in this site mashallah - May Allah help you to do more.

• Sister,

May Allah accept your sincere repentance. May He grant you with the good of this life and the next and protect you from the evil of this life and the next and make you happy with His Will, aameen.

SisterZ

17. Thank you sisterZ for your dua. Im grateful.

18. Asalamoalaikum,
    I have a very important exam on october 3, 2011. please pray for my success.

19. Dear Sister Mubina,
    Salaam
    Study well and place your tawakkul (complete trust) in Allah. Inshallah - He will make it easy for you. Ameen.

20. salam sister z I am female and i love you.....i dont know why i feel an connection like a sister with u truly...May Allah grant you all the happiness and proceed your success to zenith in both the lives...
    An unconditional love,and loads of prayers for you...
    Laibah. o o
    I
    U

• Sister Laibah,

Thats very sweet of you :O). As Rasool(sws) would says: "May He for whom you have loved me, love you too." (Abu Dawud with an authentic chain 4/333)

I love you all too for the sake of Allah!

SisterZ

21. Lovely post! Jazakallah Khair!

22. Jazakallahul Khair for posting this sister. Much needed one. Kindly visit my Islamic Blog too especially the articles under Dont be Sad category

My blog. http://muhumin.wordpress.com

23. My fav duas when I am distressed are:
    1. of Hazrat Moosa when he left Egypt and went to Madiyan (forget what surah it is in): Rabbi inni lima anzalta ilayya min khairin fakeer. Oh my Lord! I am in dire need of any good that You may bestow on me.

2. And another one also from the Quran: "Rabbi Inni Maghloobun Fantasir" (Surah Qamar, verse 10). 'O my Lord, certainly I am overpowered. So help me.'

3. Hazrat Yunus's dua in the belly of the fish (mentioned in a post above)

• In that verse, the words are "Rabbahu" not Rabbi, the second word is "anni" not Inni. So, I am not sure whether Rabbi Inni Maghloobun Fantasir" would mean the same as RABBAHU ANNI MAGHLUBUN FANTASIR (54:10) as I do not have detail knowledge in Arabic.

24. Assalamu Alaikum my brothers and sistrs in islam I have been going thru a hard time since I had my first child Abdallah he has been sick he has kidney problem I need ur prayers and need du as he has not been growning he is 3 years but he looks like a w year baby my heart is achnig am depressed confused May Allah give us good health jazakallah khairan

• Dear Jamilah, Asalaamualaykum,

May Allah grant your son with good health and a pious future. And may He(swt) grant you and your husband with the strength to deal with this difficult test, aameen.

SisterZ

25. Dear sister jamilah

May Allah help you to be strong in this adversity and May He help heal your child. Surely Allah knows the distress of every one of His slaves. Comfort your heart that He is near to you and He will surely give you ease soon Inshallah Ameen. I pray your son gets well and becomes healthy. Ameen.
    Remember what the Quran says ‘ Don't give up/donot despair in the Mercy of Allah.

26. Asslam o alaikum,
    im having an anxiety problem from the last 6, 7 months... specially when i drive.. im getting back Allah im praying Namaz, making Dua... what else should i do?

27. I just had a car accident I am going through great difficulty proving he is wrong when all fingers are pointing to him! Please pray for me so that this lie he is saying benefits me in the end. I have had the run around with his insurance and am financially distressed as well trying to handle everything on my own. I usually dont ask anyone for anything except Allah. But today I am stressed and finding it very hard to keep this to myself, I have been praying and came across this site for support and duas in helping me advance in life itself. I feel like I am always being put to the test. Maybe by sharing this with a few brothers and sisters it will help me and give me the confidence and support I need. I am also a single mom. I have been judged several times with out people knowing why I am divorced. I myself never believed in it, but circumstances made me end up in this situation. I am usuall the fist to help others sometimes with out even being asked. But today I am asking not only for myself but also for my daughters sake. I would like to remarry as Imaan is so young and we want a family thart will accept us and take us happily without being judged. We have very good Islamic hearts and really know how to love and take care. We are very family oriented as well. Please make dua for us that I overcome these obstilces and Allah clears our paths to reach our goals in life. May allah bless you all! Ameen

• My dear sister,

Your comment above made me a little emotional. We are always being tested in life. The main thing is that we remain on the right path the whole way through, even if that brings us more difficulties. Whether the 'car situation' goes your way or not, the fact that you spoke the truth throughout will bring you Allah's pleasure, aameen. So its a win win situation whatever the outcome insha'Allah! And remember, its only a car and money that you may lose, brush it off your mind like dust on your nose, these things are replacable and just material :O) x.

Please read the following morning and evening duas: http://www.zawaj.com/askbilqis/dua-in-islam/morning-and-evening-dhikr-part-3/ They consist of many deep words whereby we ask Allah to grant us with the good of the day and the good of the night and where we confess that Allah is Greater than any other power, that all knowledge is with Him(swt) and that He(swt) will give us the best outcome. When we ponder over the meaning of these beautiful duas and believe in them, we will not become depressed. We will find peace in knowing that we can only 'try', after that Allah(swt) is in control of the outcome.

Chin up my dear Sister, may Allah fill your heart with peace, aameen.

SisterZ

28. Asalam alaykum brother Ali,

I think you need to give it time. Where you in a car accident as well? I have fear myself since my car accident but I always pray before I drive off now and I have to face the road everyday where I had my accident, unfortunately the only way we can go anywhere where i live it by driving. You have already taken the right steps in praying namaz and making DUA! So just give it time and Inshallah you will accomplish you anxiety as well.

29. Assalamualikum!

Very nice posts and makes hearts stronger. my brothers and sisters please make dua for me. May Allah forgive my sins. and make me better muslim. im in very much need of prayers... as i feel constant tension and depression... may Allah remove all difficulties and calamities from us ... Please make Dua for ur brother ..

Shoaib

30. S.A., I am in stress and anxiety situation. I always ask Allah to forgive me and take me out of the circle. Please pray for me as well. Please all Muslim brothers and sisters pray for me so that Allah takes me out of this endless circle. Sometimes I cry and pray in the middle of the night. Sharan All

31. Assalamu Alaikum I am really in distress I had a friend a very close friend she got married and later got divorced,And also I had a half brother that was having marital problems with his wife because she could not bear a child ,I decided to introduce my friend to him since he wanted to take another wife and he liked her and they decide to get married ,the problem here is they are both very sick for a long time I am scared of what am thinking I went to see her in the hospital and she could not recognize me because of how serious the sickness is , I am now feeling terrible bad I hope it's not Aids please pray for them

• Jamilah, Walaykumsalaam,

I am sorry that your brother and friends are ill. Why would you think they are suffering from aids, without reason. May Allah protect them and make this trial bring them closer to Him(swt). Insha'Allah they will get well with the right treatment if Allah Wills.

SisterZ

32. I'm going through hell right now, generalized anxiety disorder ruined my life I don't wut to do I've already been to a mental hospital, my life is hell and I pray everyday yet it's not working what does God want from me?

• Ali, please log in and write your question as a separate post, and we'll try to advise you Insha'Allah.

• Brother Wael,
        This question is for you it would be nice if you reply me. Last two days I am seeing dreams about my parents like they are not anymore like that. I would like to know when your father passed away how did you control your emotion and being strong person? How did you ease your mind?sorry if my question sadden you. I do not ment to hurt it's something I really need to know because the  reason I live overseas when I will hear something like that I maybe wont be able to fly in the same day that's why I would like to know.
        Thank you

• Nadia, it's a good question. Maybe I'll write an essay about it at IslamicSunrays.com. My advice to you is, first, don't jump to conclusions based on a dream. Second, make your relationship with your parents as good as it can be. If you strive for kindness and love in your relationship with them, then when they do pass away one day, it will be easier to deal with.

33. Asalamualaikum brother/ sisters

I did sibmited 2question and I didn't get any reply.
    I really need help, want to share and want to take
    Suggestion.

Thank you
    Alhumdullilah, nadia

• Dear Nadia,

There is a waiting time of approximately a month before your question will be published due to the many questions that are submitted each day. In the meantime, please search our database for a question similar to yours.

SisterZ

34. Thank you very much....

35. Asalamulaikum.
    I am a pakistani girl from strict honourable background. I was young and fell in love with a bengali boy and then wanted to get married, at the time i was young a naive, parents were not happy but as i was seeing him didnt want shame so got me married to him. I went to live with the in laws, who were nice at first but the was spite from the eldest sister and jelousy and the mum soon started being evil trying to turn my husband against me always back stabbing me. By this time i was pregnant and they were unaware. After i had enough and my husband we moved out, When ever we argue it always comes down to them, even now he goes to his fmailies house and they try and back bite and stir things up between us. I let my family down badly hurt my mum and dad all for what. this? i have so many regrets about getting married so young and to him. I love him no doubt but there are so many problems, im full of hate and rage because of his family. I now have a baby and i refuse to let his family see her, i've tried praying but need some kind of sanity, prayer to keep me going even more than just namaz. and plus the down sider is allah forbid his family do practice evil curses etc. I read my aytul kursi every night and kul hus, but even still.

Thank you will be very appreciated.

• shamilak, here is a beautiful dua' taught by the Messenger of Allah (sws). Just replace the word "son" with daughter in your case:

‘O Allaah, I am Your servant, son of Your servant, son of Your maidservant, my forelock is in Your hand, Your command over me is forever executed and Your decree over me is just. I ask You by every name belonging to You which You name Yourself with, or revealed in Your Book, or You taught to any of Your creation, or You have preserved in the knowledge of the unseen with You, that You make the Qur’aan the life of my heart and the light of my breast, and a departure for my sorrow and a release for my anxiety.’

36. Hi everyone, I am a revert for 9 years. I have been with my husband for 13 years
    (Question deleted by Editor)

• Dear Nicola,

Please log in and submit your question as a separate post. It will be published in a few days insha'Allah.

I think you did the right thing by moving out. That was a wise decision.

SisterZ

37. assalamu alikum sister Z.. its good to know that everyone may post their difficulties and might find their answers and be guided as well in this website, Alhamdullilah! !

may Allah bless u all.Ameen.

38. Asalam alaikum my dear brothers and sisters in Islam who are suffering

Know that the prophets, May the peace and blessings of Allah be upon all of them, had suffered the most. Their suffering was not short period but long ones. Had anyone on this earth had an excuse to loose hope, it would be them but they didn't. We must remember that these narrations of the prophets were not sent on us for a bed time story but to reflect on and give us strength in times of hardship.

Ayub (a.s) had his face and body deformed for 18 years! everybody ran away from except his wife. try googling images of the disease he had and see how serious it was. but he continued to have patience.
    Yaqub (a.s.) had his beleoved son Yosuf (a.s.) taken away from him and he wept so much he went blind. imagine that. and we know the rest of the stories that Allah conveys to us.

If they went though all of this, who are we?

39. Dear brother and sister in Islam,

Please take my Salam. I am one month pregnent with my 2nd child I have 1 yr old daughter. But I am having problem I am getting weak. Please do pray for me so that I can cope with my pregnancy.

Amin

40. aslamualaikum brothers and sisters,

i am new at this site, tried to register but that number solving making it problem can anyone tell me how to register properly. thank you

in the mean time if anyone can tell me if there is any dua to become pregnent? having problem in my married life :( thank you for your time.

41. If your husband has had zine does that mean Allah is testing you because man makes his own mind and Allah doesnt like zine is this a test for me or can i finish off.

42. salaam

please pray for my parents health and well being. i am reciting asfigfir for relief and problems of my family.
    May allah listen to all my mom prayers and bestow his mercy on us and give everlasting happiness to our family so that my parents can see all the happiness in their lives. Ameen Ya Rab ul Alamin.

• Dear Noreen,

May Allah(swt) fulfil your hearts desires and make them a source of blessing for you. May He(swt) also bestow Mercy and Blessings on your parents and everyone's parents, aameen.

SisterZ

43. I've been feeling depressed and stressed and anxiety, can u please make some prayers for me to feel better? What other dua can I say to feel better? May Allah accept my dua and all the Muslims dua.

44. Assam alaikum wa rahamatula,

Please pray for my 4 year daughter that she should obedient, well mannered, she should learn to write, read, swim make friends learn to share. She should be calm . Learn to pray .Please pray for her .
    Allahu Akbar.

Zara mirza

• Sister Zara, my daughter is the same and is facing all the same challenges. She is very high energy, excitable, emotional, and stubborn. Prayer is good, but you also have to devote time and energy every day to working with her. Have a study lesson every day and teach her to read. Enroll her in a swim class. Make "play dates" for her with friends. Keep working with her on the behavior issues. Be patient, kind and loving but have firm boundaries.

Insha'Allah she will begin to calm down a bit as she gets older. When my daughter was four she used to throw things and hit when she got upset. Now she's 6 and she doesn't do that anymore (now she just bursts into tears and runs to her room, lol). Be patient, it will get better Insha'Allah.

45. Can you guys please make dua for me, I'm going thru a difficult time, with depression anxiety, overwhelmed & boredom,& overthinking , ive been praying and making dua and I'm staying patient& I believe Allah will help me and grant me good health again& fill my heart with joy and happiness, at times i feel helpless and like giving up then I read this here and saying these duas after every prayer, I believe Allah is only testing me, but please make dua for me ,inshallah

• Arwa, may Allah guide you, ease your pain and give comfort to your heart.

• Watch Live telecast going on Makkah and simultaneously ask AllahSWT to heal you while hearing the Quran verses.

http://murree.com/holy_kaaba_mp.html

you can even hear Quran mp3 and do this.

close your eyes and CONCENTRATE ON EACH AND EVERY SINGLE WORD OF QURAN BEING RECITED.JUST SUCK THEM INSIDE YOUR BRAIN WHILE HEARING THEM.

and please do recite AllahSWT's names often.i have replied you in another post,check it too!

46. I am sick I Have been going thru axiety problem i feel aches allover my body i get scared i have headaches been to the hospital they say its panic attack pls pray for me my muslim sisters and brothers may Allah SWA heals us

47. MAy Allah give health to everyone
    plz pary for me as well
    m going thorugh anxiety n i pray to Allah to take me out of this situation but i cant control my thoughts that r so negative:(
    i cant eat, cant sleep n cant concentrate on anything :(
    sometimes i get a hope that inshallah ill b fine but again i start getting negative thoughts that lead to rapid heart beat
    i was soo tension free n fun loving but now my life is soo opposite want my old life back:(

48. Salam Everyone,

I understand what each of you are going through, as I am going through it also. I feel bursts of energy (negative energy, thoughts, and what not). But we always have to remember that we have to hold on to Allah even if it is by a thin thread. I keep convincing myself that it will be okay..but never lose hope. I pray for anyone and everybody for the best in this life and the after life. I also pray that our hearts are ridden of evil and instilled with purity and goodness only for Allah. Sometimes and especially lately, I feel I am not giving 100% to my duas and I try and that is the point... to keep trying and be patient. Inshallah we will get all of our due happiness in time with Allah. If anyone has any tips on how to try harder by making better salah and dua..please do share! Take Care!!

Jazakullah Khair

49. i have lost my Abbajan in recent days suddenly by some deases which we not knew.
    so i request you to all pray fore bakhsis and magfirat,and forgive our guilty and fault amen.

• May Allah (swt) bless your father and all the Muslims who passed away with Jannah and increase their ranks, forgive their sins and accept our prayers for them. Amin.

Muhammad1982,
      Editor, IslamicAnswers.com

50. Yesterday I was looking at the website and found in one site says reacting Allah's name is good it keeps you calm and away from problem and so on. Is it so? I mean I'm know its good if you react Allah's name but is there any reason behind it? Can any editors explain me please. Some times I go thru fear and stressed then I react yaa muminu and yaa badiu.. But I want to know the right way to react....

• It is certain that reciting Allah's names for certain number of times for certain gains is NOT according to the sunnah neither Quran. There are no evidences I know of. Those are most certainly religious innovations. Our prophet has taught us many du'as and many ways to ask of Allah and so therefore, we should stay away from such innovations.

Instead of just reciting Allah's name alone, its recommended to make a du'a after each name. For example, "O Merciful, have mercy on me.. " or " O Forgiver, forgive my sins.. " or " O Provider, provide for me " etc etc as Allah himself ordered.

"And to Allah belong the best names, so call on to Him by them. And leave [the company of] those who practice deviation concerning His names. They will be recompensed for what they have been doing". (7:180)

51. Hi, I am 17 years old and it has been 2 years since I have been bullied in school, i have never hurted anyone and I am quite quiet and shy. It started when a girl was trying to touch me and also making fun of me, I replied back with some swearing and she started to spread it around school that I am a pedophile etc. Her friends are also mocking me and now that it has gone to such a extent that they are saying I am a paki, and I am ugly. Please help me.

• May Allah (Swt) help you with the difficult situation you are in brother.
      Their behaviour is disgusting and wrong. Please try not to let their words hurt you and do not believe them in any way. One tip that is given is to not show that you are upset and brush off their words. This may be something you want to try.
      If it continues do you have a trusted friend or teacher you can tell?
      Please log in and submit a question brother with more details and we can give you a post where you can get lots of replies InshaAllah

Sara

52. aoa. subhanallah u do a good job. please tell me the name of allah which is recite to stop my fear, distress, stress and low confidence. waiting for ur reply. thanks

53. AOA
    i read somewhere that if you have any problem aur difficulty just pray 4 nawafil n you will be relaxed and it really works

read 4 nawafil in a way that after surah fatiha recite surah ikhlas 11 times in 1st rakah, 21 times in 2nd rakah, 31 times in 3rd rakah n 41 times in 4th rakah
    n after salam recite darood 51 times
    n go in sajdah n recite ya Allahu 100 times n make dua for urself

it really effects n you will fell relaxed in sha Allah:)

• Reading a Surah a specific number of times in specified number of Rakaa'aat is a not to be done except when there is evidence from the Quran or the Sunnah. But yes, reading Surah al Ikhlas in every Rakaa'ah is proven from the Sunnah (meaning - once).

Muhammad Waseem

54. Just if you do have these duas in Arabic so that tajweed be correct on recitation. JazakAllah in advance. Please send me an email regarding the same if you do have time brother. In arabic with Zer and Zabar and with vowels please. Else its difficult to follow.

55. Asalaamwalaikam,
    I was wondering if any1 could help me out, basically i have been a bad muslim but everytime i have done something bad it has backfired and i have been punished in some way or another. Recently i have parted from reading my namaaz and i feel so bad every night before i go to sleep i have the intentions to change and be a good muslim but overnight i have bad dreams where i sin and wake up the next morning being the same person that i dont want to be ols someone help is there a dua i can read for me not to have these dreams and instead have good dreams thanks.

56. To assid ashiq, in sha Allah u change and become a better Muslim, first of all when u got to sleep read the last three Surahs 3x each and blow in ur hands and wipe ur body. Recite surah al mulk and al sajdah and surah al jinn. Take refuge from the devil, get up and pray every fard on time and ask Allah to forgive u and to guide u and say the dua "Ya muqlab al quloob thabit qalbee ala deenik" (oh changer of hearts make my heart firm in your faith) say that alot. Wake up and pray Tahajjud Around 2am and make dua while your in sujood and cry out To Allah to guide u and to make u a better Muslim and to help u. In Sha Allah you will become a better Muslim.

57. May allah S.W.T answer everyones duas here suma ameen!

58. I am a muslim female aged 20. I am currently on my work placement and going back to my final year of uni in October insha Allah. I lost my dad in 2010 and I felt like I had dealt with it and I was dealing with it very well however these last few months everything seems to be going downhill. We had some problems at home, I want to marry someone and I am finding it hard to speak to my mother as of yet as my grandma wants me too marry elsewhere. I really don't want this marriage, I have made this clear to the family however I fell like I cannot tell them about the other person i'd like to marry for this other reason. I pray my namaaz daily and I also attend zikr classes. I feel like I am losing the will too live. Everything seems to be getting really hard. My mother worries over little things, sometime I have too lie to her about what I am doing just so that she doesnt worry, even when I am not doing anything wrong. Having too lie to my mother is the worst feeling ever, I know I shouldn't do this but I don't know what else too do. I am stuck. I feel like I am trapped in a bubble and don't know how to get out of this. I miss my father dearly, I have cried every night for the last few months. These last few days has been alot worse, I feel restless. I cannot eat, i'm always worrying about something.

I'd really appreciate it if someone could provide me with a dua too read so I can feel at peace.

Jazak'Alaah Khair

T x

• T, there are many good duas given in the article. If you need advice beyond that, please log in and write your question as a separate post, thank you.

59. Assalamoualaykum, i need so advise or could any1 tell me which duah i can recite so that i can feel peace.

(Remainder of your comment has been deleted. Please log in and write your question as a separate post, thank you. - IslamicAnswers.com Editor)

60. my name is mohamed am facing alot of problems and my heart and mind feel weak and getting lots of good and bad thoughts ... and feel scared and isolated dont know ,how to function or behae around people without feeling scared are my heartbeating really fast ,and always hide my self and pray and listen too koran please muslims make a dau for me to god allah to forgive me and make me better again ............. insalah so i can be good family man and help my parents and brothers and sister an be strong muslim believer amin ....... i would good heart mind and good health am really down borthers in islam

thank you

• mohammed, may Allah give you strength, ease your heart, and forgive your sins.

• Salam mohammed omar,
      That is my son's name. Do u know when my mohammed omar was born 2 yrs back i told his father what we will call him. He was quite pleased with the name but my mother said it was too strong. Guys with the name omar r very aggressive but my mind could not b changed. Some ppl dont get the difference between aggression and strength of will. He is 2 now and quite a charmer but so strong that he cannot b intimidated. Alhamdolillah.
      dear brother that is the effect of ur name. There has to b something that is eating u up. What r u suppressing in ur subconscious? If u r pious brother no evil can harm u. Read surah fateha 4 times, surah ikhlas 3 times, astagfar 10 times and the holy durood for our prophet 100 times b4 u go to bed. Also recite surah mulk and sajdah. They r short surahs. Make this ur routine. Drink a small cup of zazam if u have in ur house. If u r keeping something from ur family then confess it if it is not a sin or else make a sincere tauba. If u get specific dreams inspite of all this or ur condition doesnt improve then c an alim. Always remember brother u r Mohammed Omar.

• Salamalaikum sister Apple Green,

Names having an effect on personality is not true, unless you have substantial proof from the Quran and Sunnah to prove it. Names become an inspiration, of course. Muhammad is the name of the Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam and Umar was among his dearest companions Radiyallahu Anhu. Both combined togther...sounds great and is actually beautiful. May Allah make your son walk upon their footsteps...Aameen.

Additionally, sister, when you suggest a du'a or recitation from Quran limited by number of times, even this should have proof from the Quran or Ahaadeeth (which are Saheeh or Hasan).

I just wish to help you understand and I pray that Allah Helps you bring your son up to be a wonderful Muslim upon the footsteps of Muhammad Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam and Umar Radiyallahu Anhu.

Abu Abdul Bari

• Salam brother,
          if u dont believe it but names do have their own effect. Even names of Allah (s.w.t) have their own effect. Some r very strong and have a certain effect on mind some r calming. ALLAH ALMIGHTY and those alims who recite them know best . some common characteristics r shared by ppl who share the same name.Allah knows best that parent who names his or her child after a prophet or sahaba or a shabia wants nothing for his child but those dominating traits of their personalities. But it doesnt mean that magically the child grows into a righteous.Brother iam making a collection of short incidents from the life of Hazrath omar (r.a) and Prophet Mohammed (s.a.w) so when he is old enoigh to understand bedtime stories ill tell him these so he knows about these great personalities after whom he named. So that he knows about their great sacrifices and efforts and what is expected from him..not just as a muslim but a muslim who was chosen to b named after them.
          And about the surahs. Hazrath Ali ( ra) once asked our beloved prophet about the deeds that he should do b4 going to bed to which our beloved prophet replied
          1. Give 4000 alms b4 going to bed
          2. Recite the holy Quran b4 going to bed.
          3. Pay the the price for heaven b4 going to sleep
          4. Reconciliate b4 2 quarellers b4 going to bed
          5. And perform haj b4 u sleep

To which Hazrat Ali was shocked. He said " oh Apostle of Allah it is impossible for me" To which Prophet (saw) explained
          reward of reciting surah fateha four times is equal to the reward of 4000 dinar given in alms.
          3 times surah ikhlas is equal to 1 quran (the benefit, not a substitute)
          Astagfirullah 10 times is equal to a reward of reconciliation between 2 quarellers
          Recitation of holy durood 10 times will b price for heaven. ( i say it 100 times)

Now one can accept it as an authentic hadees or reject it but 1 cant ever go wrong by reciting the quanic ayahs. Allah may bless or choose to ignore as he wishes. He is the master. As slaves our job is to please. Subhanallah.

Thanx for ur good wishes brother. I have recently joined ur website and i feel like a part of it already. I believe u r one of the moderators. Keep up the good work. Jazak Allah khair.

• Assalam'alaykum,

1. Give 4000 alms b4 going to bed
            5. And perform haj b4 u sleep
            reward of reciting surah fateha four times isequal to the reward of 4000 dinar given in alms.
            Astagfirullah 10 times is equal to a reward ofreconciliation between 2 quarellers

Subhana'Allah. This hadith is fabricated it seems, is this even a hadith first of all ? " Give 4000 alms daily before going to bed ", " pay the price of heaven ", "perform hajj before sleep " etc ? Those are improbable. And its similarity is equal to reciting surah Fatiha 4 times ? Surah Ikhlas 3 times ? Durood 10 times 'for the price of heaven' ? , now that surely is illogical. Allah is most Wise, most Just. So how come a normal deed is equivalent to a deed of such degree which requires so much time, sacrifice, efforts etc ? Thats not fair now is it ? Astaghfirullah, I may be wrong, if so, then please bring reference/source.

There are many dua's and surah that can be recited before sleeping like, " Allahumma bi ismika amootu wa ahyaa. (O Allah, it is with Thine Name that I live and it is with Thine Name that i die )." or "recite Ayat-al-Kursi, (2.255) for then there will be a guard from Allah who will protect you all night long, and Satan will not be able to come near you till dawn." (Bukhari) or "When you go to sleep, say ‘Subhaan Allaah’ thirty-three times, ‘Al-hamduLillah’ thirty-three times, and ‘Allaahu akbar’ thirty four times.” (Bukhari) etc. This site seems good - http://www.islamawareness.net/Dua/Fortress/028.html.

• Wa Jazallahu Iyyaki,

Sister, I wish to clarify that a Hadith, when it is fabricated, one who fabricates, his matter is with Allah, and it is upon us to keep ourselves away from them. This is the reason why no hadith is accepted, unless proven to be Sahih. The words you mentioned about Ali Radiyallahu Anhu may or may not be true. If it is mentioned with the source, scrutiny is possible. Otherwise, it is held unacceptable. If this "hadith" was narrated by people out of nowhere or some recent 'Alim just said it out of his self without any proof from the books of Hadith; then it stands fabricated and rejected by the Muslims.

Reciting an Aayah or durood is not the act considered wrong, but limiting them by number of times and occasion is what makes it a bid'ah and a lie.

Reciting durood 10 times being the price for Jannah is not acceptable without proof. And you reciting it 100 times does not guarantee you Jannah. It is solely Allah's Decision and He Will let us know on the Day of Qiyaamah. May Allah make us among the inheritors of Paradise. Aameen.

Now, what will happen if you adopt a fabricated statement? The answers is that you would he abandoning the Sunnah of Rasoolullah and doing Bid'ah (innovation) instead. This is something a Muslim can not even think of doing. It can be dangerous. It can result in being sent back from the pond of Rasoolullah Sallallahu Alaihi wasallam. The proof is:

Narrated Asmâ' bint Abu Bakr ﺭَﺿِﻲَ اﻟﻠﻪُ ﻋَﻨْﻬﻤﺎ : The Prophet ﺻﻠﻰ اﻟﻠﻪ ﻋﻠﻴﻪ ﻭﺳﻠﻢ said, ``I will be standing at the Al-Haud (Al-Kau th ar) so that I will see whom among you will come to me; and some people will be taken away from me, and I will say, ‘O Lord, (they are) from me and from my followers.' Then it will be said, `Did you notice what they did after you? By Allâh, they kept on turning on their heels (turned as renegades).''' The subnarrator, Ibn Abi Mulaika said, ``O Allâh, we seek refuge with You from turning on our heels, or being put to trial in our religion.'' Sahih Bukhari, The book of Ar-Riqaq , (What is said) regarding Al-Haud (the Prophet's Tank --- Al-Kau th ar ).(1) Hadith No:6593

This is what a Hadith looks like, which is sahih.

So, our Deen is based on Quran and Saheeh Ahadeeth. Fabricated ones bring impurities into it and corrupt the deen, so the scholars of hadith have differentiated the ahadeeth from lies and flaws.

Take the deen fron pure sources and do not believe in every such statement to be a hadith. There are more lies spread among the Muslims today, than Ahaadeeth. So we should act strictly and take only what we find proof for.

Secondly; the names having an effect, I will believe you if you bring me the proof for it from the Quran of saheeh Ahaadeeth.

I hope you have got a little idea about Saheeh Ahadeeth and fabricated ones.

Abu Abdul Bari

61. Assalamalaikum brother.
    "This hadith is fabricated it seems". Wow! It seems? Which means u r not sure but u still make haste in jumping to that conclusion brother without checking its authenticity on the basis of 'Your logic' is this how u usually reject a hadith brother? On the basis of ur own logic?
    Excuse me if i sound angry. This is not a place to argue over the attributes or the value of quranic ayahs. No matter how much we claim to study religion we should b careful with our words and tone even if we cannot accept if for an authentic reason.
    Kind brother, there is no deed in the world that u can do which can b equivalent to the word of divine. U think 4000 dinars in a charity or,ur effort in going for hajj, etc weigh heavier than these ayahs?
    Stop and think for a while about those who r illiterate and cannot read the quran. Think about those who have never seen 4000 whatever currency in their whole life or those who r disabled and cannot perform hajjj. If u think that your good deeds r going b heavier that theirs then v r seriously mistaken coz Allah the most just has made provisions for them to earn the same sawab or even more than what we earn by those deeds through the means of HIS WORDS ' the quran'. So much for the 'illogical' argument.
    Is it fabricated. That is a whole different topic. Brother i read this in a book which is a collection of quranic surahs, their attributes, duas,hadiths etc. Written by Matiullah Johar. Im sure it must have mentioned the hadith reference but since i have not studied hadith as a subject i didnt note it down. That should thrill any1who can now easily reject it as a fabrication. Brother it is not for us to b scared if it is a fabrication coz then the one who has fabricated shall face wrath of Almighty. My 'logic' is that u cannot possibly b punished or go to hell for reciting surah fatiha,ikhlas,sending darood on the messenger or making astagfar. I can recite it more than 4 times or 3 times or 100 times as i wish and as per my capacity.
    All i can say is that it brings peace to me and no sin no matter how pleasurable has the potential to bring peace.

I rest my case with the Almighty.
    May Allah guide us all and forgive our sins.
    Give us knowledge but not without humility,
    give us faith but not without taqwah,
    give us strength to pray but not without His love,
    give us wealth but not without generosity,
    give us death but not without iman.
    . Ameen

• Assalam'alaykum,

Wow! It seems? Which means u r not sure but u still make haste in jumping to that conclusion brother without checking its authenticity on the basis of 'Your logic' is this how u usually reject a hadith brother? On the basis of ur own logic?

Actually, I am sure its not an authentic hadith neither is it a weak hadith but a fabricated one upon researching but still I was just making sure with you as you shared those. I was just double checking with you but you still failed to provide reference and so I see no reason to accept your points. And NO, thats not how I reject hadith, I'll FIRST check its authenticity with reference and then the scholars opinion about it and then I'll use my logic for my better understanding if neccessary, as ofcourse we're allowed to use them. (Hope you do the same kind sister)

there is no deed in the world that u can do which can b equivalent to the word of divine. U think 4000 dinars in a charity or,ur effort in going for hajj, etc weigh heavier than these ayahs?
      Stop and think for a while about those who r illiterate and cannot read the quran. Think about those who have never seen 4000 whatever currency in their whole life or those who r disabled and cannot perform hajjj.If u think that your good deeds r goingb heavier that theirs then v r seriously mistaken coz Allah the most just has made provisions for them to earn the same sawab or even more than what we earn by those deeds through the means of HIS WORDS ' thequran'. So much for the 'illogical' argument.

I might not have explained myself well, so Yes true that Allah's word is greater than the world's efforts and everything in it. What I meant by 'Illogical' is that, the "hadith" you mentioned first of all has no basis. It states that we have to do 'hajj before sleeping' or recite the ' fourth kalima' to acheive its equal reward, so is it even logical or possible to do hajj before sleeping considering that hajj happens once a year and other reasons? Here itself the arguement is invalid. Furthermore, hajj is one of the pillars of Islam, and so if it has equivalent to accomodate the limited budget people or etc then surely Allah and/or prophet would have given high priority to it, and it can be found in Quran or Bukhari or muslim or Abu dawood or etc. Reciting durood 10 times equal to paying the price for paradise. PARADISE ? Wow. What does it mean ?

Brother it is not for us to b scared if it is a fabrication coz then the one who has fabricated shall face wrath of Almighty. My 'logic' is that u cannot possibly b punished or go to hell for reciting surah fatiha,ikhlas,sending darood on the messenger or making astagfar.

No one gets punished for reciting the words of Allah and/or sending salutations to our prophet, of course not :D. Now don't get me wrong, we can recite the adhkars and surahs as much as we want, we will get rewards surely, but we must not share false lies and attribute it to our Prophet (common sense basically). And so my point is, a person must be sacred of spreading fabricated hadith too. The person who invented this fabricated hadith will receive Allah's punishment and the person spreading/sharing it must be warned of helping the fabricator. Take heed insha'Allah.
      I remember once that people started to share a fabricated hadith about the 15 punishments a person would face for missing one salah. This has caused great fear within the ummah and even scared the new converts of the violent/scary punishments stated. This spreading of false information/lies has to stop, if not then we must point out of its falsehood to warn others.

Shaykh Muhammad ibn Saalih al-‘Uthaymeen (may Allaah have mercy on him) was asked about this and he said:
      This hadeeth which says that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) gave this advice to ‘Ali ibn Abi Taalib (may Allaah be pleased with him) is a lie that was fabricated against the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). It is not correct to attribute it to the Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), because “whoever narrates ahadeeth from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) which he thinks is false is himself one of the liars,” and “whoever tells lies about the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) deliberately, let him take his place in Hell.”

(Fatawaa al-Islamiyaa)

give us faith but not without taqwah,
      give us death but not without iman.
      . Ameen

Allahhumma ameen.

62. Allah forgive me if i have sinned in spreading a fabrication i shall not turn this argument into an ego war since i have not read a single book on hadeeth. Im more concerned about being seen as a sinner to Allah than a fool in a forum. However it is me who could not produce the source whether it is coz of my reluctance in noting the source down or being unknowingly involved in circulating a made up version.
    i take ur advice very seriously in a positive way.
    jazak allah to both the brothers.

In the mean time ill hunt for the source.

May allah reward u and forgive me.

• Neither are you seeming a fool, nor is this an ego war. :) Sister, this comes under "advise". Until you know what is correct, how will you know where to go?

Just for your information, if you are referring to the book called "Panj Surah" by Mutiulla Johar, it is the worst possible choice. That book is filled with lies and fabrications. Instead, you should choose the book of Duas called Hisn al Muslim. You can access it here:

http://www.kalamullah.com/Books/fortress_of_the_muslim.pdf

If you want to read stories from the Quran, you can read from the books of Imam ibn Kathir. Refrain from reading books such as panj surah and its likes, they only lead a person into the darkness of lies and innovation. Why you should protect yourself from them is because of the following:

Abdur-Rahman bin `Amr As-Sulami and Hujr bin Hujr said: ``We came to Al-`Irbâd bin Sâriyah, who was one of those concerning whom the Verse: ``Nor (is there blame) on those who came to you to be provided with mounts, when you said: ``I can find no mounts for you''(1) was revealed. We greeted him and said: `We have come to you, to visit you, and benefit from you.' Al-`Irbâd said: `The Messenger of Allâh ﺻﻠﻰ اﻟﻠﻪ ﻋﻠﻴﻪ ﻭﺳﻠﻢ led us in prayer one day, then he turned to face us, and he exhorted us in an eloquent speech upon which our eyes filled with tears, and our hearts filled with fear. Someone said: ``O Messenger of Allâh, it is as if this is a farewell address. What do you enjoin upon us?'' He said: ``I enjoin you to fear Allâh, and to hear and obey, even if it (the leader appointed over you) be an Ethiopian slave. Whoever among you lives after I am gone will see great disputes; you must adhere to my Sunnah and the way of the Rightly Guided Khulafâ . Hold on to it and cling fast to it. And beware of newly-invented matters, for every newly-invented matter is an innovation and every innovation is a deviation.'' ( Abu Dawood, Sahih )

If you can underatand Urdu, listen to the lectures on this website by a Pakistani scholar named Murtaza Baksh, who is the best choice to gain knowledge from; online: http://www.ashabulhadith.com

May Allah Forgive you and me, and May He also Reward us. Aameen

Abu Abdul Bari

• Jazak Allah brother, ill look up the sources that you have stated as reference material. The hadith u mentioned is very useful indeed. :)

63. Assalamu Aleykum(warahmathullahi Bharakathahu),

Right Now I am in so much problem. Allah Only Knows That. "I never stop to keep Dua", I wish to ask wat ever it may be, i ask directly to Allah only. There is no one going to help me. without Allah , there is all empty.

Ya Allah, Ya Raheem, Ya Rahman, Ya Kareem, ...... You Knew my situation Better than me. I am n so much pain Ya Rahman. Pls Forgive me, Pls Forgive Me, pls Forgive me. I looking a shadow for me to sit , relax & praise u whole my life without any disturbance. without shaitaan's interrupts .I need blessing from you,

Ya Kareem, Pls Bless me. I am n so Much worries , u knew very well that. I agree wat i did is wrong, pls forgive me. You are a Majesty , you are the boss of forgiveness. you are the boss of blessings, show me a way to go forward without worriness.

There is a Major problem running with my life, i wont share with anyone even except You Rahman, pls do anything for me. without u , i cant able to stand even, you are with me , you only with me, i dnt have any supports , i dnt want any human supports, i need your support for me.

since so many years i m pain, now its the question of life, dnt suffer me lot please. i am crying daily. some one is trying to create bad name for me. pls stop them Rahmaan..pls stop them. some one is coming near inch by inch , bit by bit, for defaeting me, pls stop them.

I need Relaxable life. Ya Rahmaan, in these 4 months , there is sleepless nights, no food, no relax , only tensions & worries , wat shuld i do? pls guide me. pls help me, pls shower ur bless, forgive my sins pls. i dnt want to suffer my family thru getting bad names for me. now in behind of me , they are trying to cheat me , kill me, make me suffer lot, they are not allowing to sleep me, not allowing to take food, not allowing to be relax. i am getting too much pressure.

pls show ur mercy. there is a console when u answer me thru ur blessings pls..otherwise day by day i am dying. pls help me. already i am cheated by some one. again & again i m cheated by some one. wats this? how shuld i knw - which one is good? which one is bad? i am a human Ya Rahmaan, You are Great, You are Allah, you only knews evrything. pls help me Ya kareem, Ya Raheem, Ya Allah..........Help me. Show me a way......dont go away...........pls without u , i cant survive in my life. .................

Ya allah, with the Dua of Rasool ae Kareem, Sallalahu Ala Muhamathu Sallalahu Aleyhi Wasalim , with the Dua of his Daughter Fathima Mom (RA), His Son in Law Hajrath Ali (Rali Ala thala anhu), His grand child Hajrath Hasan (RA), & Hajrath Hussain(RA), ..& with the Duas of All Awliyas & Anbhiyas & Mom, Dad, My sister , & my friends & Relations & with the duas of all friends who are posting here & if i did any halal thing - due to that , & with Grace of you , pls Accept my Dua ya Allah.........

"Sallalahu Ala Muhammathu Sallalahu Alaihi Wassalam,"
    "Sallalahu Ala Muhammathu Ya Rabbi salli Alaihi Wassalam,"

Dear Friends pls join me in ur duas, due to ur precious dua , may allah show me a way & shower his blesisngs to me.

Assalamu Aleykum

• Wa'alaykumsalam,

You seem so lost and helpless. I pray that you'll find some peace and hapiness soon. I believe there is nothing that is impossible to solve. What you are facing or experiancing most probably has some solutions and most certainly can be found in Qur'an. You said you are cheated by someone again and again etc ? So is it a family member or spouse or who ? I hope you're not talking about pre-marital relationships or other normal friends. If so, then there is also a solution for that. You said 'no food' ? Is it a financial crisis ? Basically, its just that you have to find the solution within Quran and sunnah, act accordingly and all WILL be fine. Whatever it is, make a wise decision insha'Allah. Its also possible that we may be of some help ?

64. Ameen. May Almighty Allah accept all our duas.

65. Dear brother and sister,

By the grace of Allah's wish I am 2months pregnant with my second child. Now days I don't feel that good is there any special dua I can react? My mother told me to read surah Maryam any advice would be appreciate. 

• Dear Nadia, Asalaamualaykum,

Thats wonderful new maasha'Allah!

Surah Al Imran, Ayah 3: "...When the wife of 'Imran (Imran was father of Maryam(as)) said, "My Lord, indeed I have pledged to You what is in my womb, consecrated [for Your service], so accept this from me. Indeed, You are the Hearing, the Knowing."

Surah Al Imran: Ayah 38: "...At that, Zechariah (was the father of Yahya(as)) called upon his Lord, saying, "My Lord, grant me from Yourself a good offspring. Indeed, You are the Hearer of supplication."

Read Surah Maryam too, it may have some relevant duas too. The ones I have posted here are from Surah Al Imran. They are so beautiful maasha'Allah! Imran(as)'s wife made dua and Allah answered her dua. She was expecting a son, but Allah blessed her with a daughter. This was unexpected, but Allah is all Wise. A son and daughter are both equal blessings.

And when Zakariyyah(as) was taking care of Maryam(as) and saw the miraculous way in which she always had different foods in her closed chambers without even asking for it, it encouraged him to make dua for a offspring. He thought, if Allah could continuously shower Maryam(as) with food without her even asking for it, He(swt) would no doubt grant him with a child if he asked for one, even though he was old and his wife was barren. So he asked, and he was given, SubhaanAllah! So make dua in the way these pious people did, humbly, in secret, sincerely, in the last part of the night.

May Allah bless your child with piety, health, peace and security and with Jannah, aameen!!

SisterZ

66. salaamaaikum . in going thru alot and I'm trying to become better muslimah but i think my heart is too hard please make dua for me i really wana get close to Allah thanks

67. Assalamualikum dear brothers and sisters
    im in a deep trouble and sorrow . I felt just as im losing my senses . My grief and anxiety has become a burden ., day by day its increasing . Pls i request u all make a special dua for me in ur prayers . May Allah (swt) bring me back on track so that i will nvr left his rope( Quran) and his habib's ( prophet muhammad ( saw) ) sunnah . May Allah bless us with his showers of happiness and inrease our iman . Ameen suma ameen

68. Salams, a big request for sincere Duaas pls. I'm in a very difficult situation and can not see light at the end of the tunnel... Pls everyone reading this make duaa that Allah the All-knower takes away my pain and replaces it with serenity and peace. I feel this is a trial to compensate for my sins, but I don't have the strength to deal with it anymore and fear I may lose my sanity. Special Duaas pls for this weak sister of urs.

69. I am 27 I'm so confused I have turned to Islam bcoz i was recently going through so much stress I had no one except Allah I asked for forgivness an I prayed 5 times I was reading all the time now I'm scared to go on any bad path I fear Allah alot everytym I close my eyes I fear death I don't know what to do I asked Allah for the one thing I most wanted Allah has blessed me back with it but I'm scared I don't want to be a sinner no more I want to be a good Muslim Inshaa Allah an do everything the proper islamic way I'm so scared plz help me..

• Shama, please log in and write your question as a separate post, and we'll answer you in turn Insha'Allah. And give us more information about your situation, as it is not clear to me what you are afraid of or what the problem is.

70. Asalam'Mualikum,

I am 21 yrs of ages and i am going through difficulties in life.
    i came across this website and after reading the dwas and other brothers nd sisters thoughts, i feel so much ease knowing that the are people in the same situation as me and are willing to help one another, give advice and make dwa for eachother.
    I have being going through some tough times recently and have alot of bad thorts, anxiety and stress.
    Iv made alot of bad sins while i was young and finaly came to a point in life where i thort i want to better myslf for allah,
    I started praying a yr and half ago 5times a day and was proud that alllah is guiding me to the right path, but i realised soon after i started praying, i was going through hardship in my life and kept asking allah for forgivness in my dwas to make me stronger and to always be truthful no matter what in order for allah to show me the right path..
    evryday for the last 6month iv being feeling depressed, alone, having bad anxiety's, hatred towards my slf, even commiting suicide. for the last 6month my past sins have being taken over me and i feel like im losing control. There are some days where im ok and lift my slf up but most days always feeling low and cry at every negative thort i have. i feel like i have no control over my emotion. i pray and am always making dwa to allah and trying my hardest to be patient because i know right now allah is testing me and on my patience. I just pray that alll this blows over and inshallah move on from all this once and for all.
    I make dwa from the bottom of my heart to allah to guide me to the right path, forgive my sins, give me happiness in life and thank allah for all the blessings he has given me.
    I tend to overthink alot on my problems and ask allah y i feel like this. even tho i know what is true im always doubting my self which i dont evn know if that is normal. Im soon to be married i pray to allah that he helps me in this difficult time to show me the way, help me in my life with guidance and to give me some peace of mind and forgive me for my sins. I pray that allah keeps me strong and keeps me away from evil and allow me to be a good muslimah that he will be proud of.
    please brothers and sisters make dwa for me and my family and pray that allah forgives me for my sins and allah helps me in this difficult time and answers my prayers. ameen

inshallah all brothers and sisters are in my dwas may allah reward you all for you good deeds, forgives your sins and gives patience in whatever you are going through. Just remember we all go through hard times in life sometimes its better to speak than to keep it in ya self.always have faith in allah and allah will here you. insh'allah

71. Asalam'ualaikum wr wb,

After coming across this site and browsing through these duas and many other topics, I feel much better. I, once, used to be one of the proud daughters in the family. However, life is hard now. It is hard, because of many of my terrible decisions that I have made and sins I have committed in the past. I have become a really vile person. I cannot seem to forget everything I have done in the past. It haunts me, though I was the one to put stop to many of the wrong doings I was doing. But I feel like a failure here on earth and feel like as I am a sinner, I will most probably burn in hell. This thought, somehow, VERY SADLY, lowers my imaan, weakens it, and pushes me away from being on a right path (meaning the more I think of the past and the hardships I am going through, the more I feel God doesn't listen to me and will never so it's pointless praying). My concentration, focus and passion towards everything have gone. I usually force myself to do everything, even mere daily chores. And not only that, my anger level shoots up at times to the point that I forget what I am saying. May be it's because no one is aware of my sins and what I have done in the past. It almost takes my breath away when I think how my family thinks I am a good girl without flaws. If suicide wasn't haram, I might have punished myself. I am just a lost case. Even now I am probably rambling...

I used to pray five times, then stopped. My intentions are really good for everyone and I have never intentionally done ANYTHING to ANYONE to hurt or cause harm. I don't know why I lost it and committed sins. I lost control and gave myself in. Though sins are between Allah and and a person who commits, even then, I plan not to marry anyone and be a dishonest person. I just don't know how to express and how to get help to get out of depression of what has been done in the past. I don't know where to get that motivation and be strong again as I keep losing faith in Allah. But I really really pray that Allah help me and have mercy on me. I really need to pray and want to live a life. It's suffocating...

72. As i was browsing for islamic quizes i happend to see this website and i thank Allah s.w.a for giving me the opportunity and mine is to encourage everyone here to always neva forget to thank Allah and say Allhamdulilah ala kuli hal and that makes Allah s.w.a happy with you and wiling always to help you ...jazakumullah

73. How can one pray this salat if they cannot read the holy Quran. It is ok to read the translation? Also I was told my someone that you should pray this salat after every prayer so basically 5 times a day. Is this correct?

• Which 'salat' ? What translation ? Whcih salat should be prayed 5 times a day ?

Sorry for the counter questions, it is unclear as to what you are asking. Will answer insha'Allah upon clarification.

• Salat al istikhara and you know the following dua, can you read the English translation for it,
        If someone doesn't know how to read the holy Quran. And lastly as mentioned before I was told by someone that you are supposed to pray salat al istikhara after every salat meaning 5 days a day.

'"O Allah, I ask You to show me what is best, through Your knowledge, and I ask You to empower me, through Your power, and I beg You to grant me Your tremendous favor, for You have power, while I am without power, and You have knowledge, while I am without knowledge, and You are the One who knows all things invisible.

Allahumma inni astakhiru-ka bi-'ilmi-ka wa astaqdiru-ka bi-qudrati-ka wa as'alu-ka min fadli-ka 'l-'azim fa-inna-ka taqdiru wa la aqdiru wa ta'lamu wa la a'lamu wa Anta 'Allamu 'l-ghuyub :

O Allah, if You know that this undertaking is in the best interests of my religion, my life in this world, and my life in the Hereafter, and can yield successful results in both the short term and the long term, then make it possible for me and make it easy for me, and then bless me in it.

Allahumma in kunta ta'lamu anna hadha 'l-amra khairun li fi dini wa dunyaya wa akhirati wa 'aqibati amri wa 'ajili-hi wa ajili-h :fa-'qdir-hu li wa yassir-hu li thumma barik li fi-h :

If not, then turn it away from me, and make it easy for me to do well, wherever I may happen to be,  and make me content with Your verdict, O Most Merciful of the merciful.'"

wa illa fa-'srif-hu 'an-ni wa yassir liya 'l-khaira haithu kana ma kuntu wa raddi-ni bi-qada'i-ka ya Arhama 'r-rahimin :

• Assalam'alaykum,

It is way better to recite the du'a istikhara in Arabic as it is but English is fine although discouraged. If one put more efforts into it, they can learn the English translation as well as the Arabic to understand what they are saying, this won't take long, the du'a is not very long.

Furthermore, if someone doesn't know how to read the holy Quran, then they must hasten to learn to read or atleast memorize few small surahs inorder to perform salah because salah (regular 5 times) should be done in Arabic, meaning the surahs like Faitha or Ikhlas etc must not be read in English translation during prayers.

Allah said " Upon your heart that you may be (one) of the warners, In the plain Arabic language." [ Quran 26: 194-195].

And We have certainly made the Qur'an easy for remembrance, so is there any who will remember? [ Quran54: 17]

Imam Shafi'e said: 'Every Muslim is obliged to learn at least the amount of Arabic language which is compulsory for him in the prayers such as reciting the Qur'an and the supplications; since uttering them in other than Arabic language is not permissible' .

Regarding praying salat istikhara, it is a 2 rakat nafl salah as you know which can be prayed anytime of the day most preferably at night after isha in times of tahajjud salah. No you are not 'supposed' to pray 5 times a day, generally, it is recommended to pray once a day for 3 days or 5 or 7 and so on.

74. I need a dua for fast heart beat. My younger brother is suffering from this problem, plz help me

• Salaams,

There could be many causes for such a thing, so it's best your brother see a doctor to begin ruling causes out. If he has a serious heart condition, dua's may not be enough to treat it. If you like, you can submit a post with more information and we can advise you further.

-Amy

75. Can someone tell me about how to recover from sexual abuse?

• Allah's servant, we have answer many posts on the subject of sexual abuse. Please search our archives and read them.

76. Please can you translator following dua in urdu language or give its complete detail so that i can read it in arabic.

‘O Allah, I am Your servant, son of Your servant, son of your maidservant. My forehead is in Your hand. Your command conceming me prevails, and Your decision concerning me is just. I call upon You by every one of the beautiful names by which You have described Yourself, or which You have revealed in Your book, or have taught anyone of Your creatures, or which You have chosen to keep in the knowledge of the unseen with You, to make the Qur’an the delight of my heart, the light of my breast, and remover of my griefs, sorrows, and afflictions‘.”

• Here it is:

اے اللہ میں تیرا بندہ ہوں ، تیرے بندے کا بیٹا ہوں ، تیری بندی کا بیٹا ہوں ، میری پیشانی تیرے ہاتھ ہے ، میرے بارے میں تیرا حکم نافذ ہے اور میرے بارے تیرا فیصلہ عین عدل ہے اے اللہ میں تیرے ہر اس نام کے وسیلہ سے مانگتا ہوں جس سے تو نے اپنے آپ کو موسوم کیا ہے ، یا اپنی کسی مخلوق کو سکھایا ہے ، یا اپنی کتاب میں نازل کیا ہے ، یا اپنے خاص علم غیب میں اسے مخفی رکھا ہے کہ آپ قرآن کریم کو میرے دلوں کی بہار بنادیں ، میرے سینے کا نور بنادیں ، میرے سے غم کو ہٹانے والا بنادیں اور میری فکر کو دور کرنے والا بنادیں

It is better to recite it in Arabic, though.

Abu Abdul Bari

• The Messanger of Allah (peace and blessing be upon him) said: "There is nobody who is afflicted with distress or grief and who says: "Allahumma inni a'abduka, ibn a'bdika, ibn amatika, naasiyati bi yadika maadin fiyya hukmuka 'adlun fiyya qadaa'uka, as'aluka bi kulli ismin huwa laka sammayta bihi nafsaka aw a'alamtahu ahadan min khalqika aw anzaltahu fee kitabika aw asta'tharta bihi fee i'lm al ghaybi i'ndak an taja'al al Quraana rabee'a qalbi wa noora sadri wa jilaa'a huzni wa thahaaba hammi" but Allah will take away his distress and grief, and replace it with ease." He was asked,: O Messanger of Allah, should we not learn it?" He said, "Of course, whoever hears it should learn it." (Musnad Ahmad)

Arabic-

‎ اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي عَبْدُكَ ، وَابْنُ عَبْدِكَ ، وَابْنُ‏‎ ‎أَمَتِكَ ، نَاصِيَتِي بِيَدِكَ ، مَاضٍ فِيَّ حُكْمُكَ ، عَدْلٌ فِيَّ قَضَاؤُكَ ، أَسْأَلُكَ بِكُلِّاسْمٍ هُوَ لَكَ سَمَّيْتَ بِهِنَفْسَكَ ، أَوْ عَلَّمْتَهُ أَحَدًا مِنْ خَلْقِكَ ، أَوْ أَنْزَلْتَهُ فِي كِتَابِكَ ، أَوْ اسْتَأْثَرْتَ بِهِ فِي عِلْمِ الْغَيْبِ عِنْدَكَ ، أَنْ تَجْعَلَ الْقُرْآنَ رَبِيعَ قَلْبِي ، وَنُورَ صَدْرِي ، وَجِلَاءَ حُزْنِي ، وَذَهَابَ هَمِّي ‏

77. Assalam alaikum,

I am going through a number of trials and difficulties in my life and things may not be resolved for about another 2 weeks--It is so very easy to give advice, but today, I am challenged to take the bitter pill of my own advice (the irony of life!) and remain strong and steadfast (and it feels close to impossible) in the face of my life's most difficult challenges.

I feel very blessed to have this forum as it is a constant reminder that we are a part of a large family-the Muslim Ummah--May Allah bless all those involved in the creation and continuation of this site, Ameen.

If you happen to remember me in your du'as, I would greatly appreciate it. JazakAllah, and I hope and pray that Allah solve our difficulties, help us to pass our trials whilst learning the lessons, and bless our Ummah. Ameen, thummah Ameen.

78. assalamu alaikum,
    is there any dua for something seen in dream and not to be happen.Please reply me,
    may allah loves you.

79. Hello
    I'm not getting any work,i will preay for you.

80. JazakAllahu karan

81. As salaam alaikum. I am struggling in maintaining my emotional strength and mental health at the moment.

• Aisha, As-salamu alaykum. I deleted the remainder of your comment, but I'd like very much for you to register and submit your comments as a separate post, so that we can give your situation the attention it deserves, Insha'Allah.

82. Please make dua for me it's ramadan and I'm having crazy thoughts all day please brothers sisters please make dua for me

• InshaaAllah may you come closer to Allah in this month.

Force yourself to engage in dhikr - rememberance of Allah.

SisterZ

• Surah Araf, ayah 200-201

"If a suggestion from satan assail thy (mind), seek refuge with Allah; for He heareth and knoweth (all things).

Those who fear God, when a thought of evil from satan assaults them, bring Allah to rememberance, when lo! they see (aright)!"

83. Please remember me in your duas.

84. Salam. I am a 19 yr old girl and have been married for 1 year...

• Reem, please log in and write your question as a separate post, and give us more details about your situation Insha'Allah.

• By the grace of Allah I have everything in my life. A good husband two beautiful kids but still I am in saitans path.... I did post few problems and here I got some advice and tried to solve that way after 2 years again I made terrible mistake I lied to my husband now he is really upset in me it's because of my new born son he keeping me with him I really ashamed of my Sins I an begging Allah to forgive me stil I need some advice is there any dua or anything I can react to make my family my husband happy? And special dua for keeping saitan away from me please help me my family is falling apart I need your help.... I can post it separately but it will be too late for me 

85. Salaam to all that will read this, i am
    In desperate need to start reading my namaz again. I have not read any namaz like i used to since ramadan 2013 and feel guilty. I fear the Almighty and remember h evryday but I just dont know why my steps revert me away from namaz ! I do have stress issues and suffer very badly from insomnia but I need to and want to get my life back on track and cant do this without my namaz... Can anyone please guide me as I know that only I can help myself but i cant understand why this is happening. All replies will be greatly appreciated. Jazak Allah.

• I removed your email address as we do not allow posting private contact info. It seems to me I told you that before. In any case, if you like you can log in and write your question as a separate post, and we will advise you in turn, Insha'Allah.

86. Asalamu alekum, my name is Reem. I am currently married now but I feel so stressed and sad sometimes I feel like I'm not. I'm trying to get pregnant but I think that it's taking me longer than I expected is because there isn't a moment where I'm not angry or crying at something.
    I currently live with my parents house with my mom and husband and its the littlest thing that annoys me. But the important thing is that I feel like my husband has changed ever since we came to America. I try to talk to him to see what's going on but he doesn't like to talk which makes me even more sad. I feel like he doesn't love me anymore.. I'm always sad and crying but I really don't show it to anyone. Is there a duaa for connecting the love, or if I become angry I will calm down.. Thank you very much!

• AsSalaamu Alaikum Sister Reem,

You may use the duaa in the below verse from the Holy Quran, for connecting love between you and your husband.

"And those who say, “Our Lord, grant us delight in our spouses and our children, and make us a good example for the righteous.” Those will be awarded the Chamber for their patience, and will be greeted therein with greetings and peace. Abiding therein forever—it is an excellent residence and destination. Say, “What are you to my Lord without your prayers? You have denied the truth, and the inevitable will happen.”
      (Quran 25: 74-77)

(“Our Lord, grant us delight in our spouses and our children, and make us a good example for the righteous.”)

You may also follow the below link for some duas from the Holy Quran for Patience, Perseverance and Steadfastness.

http://www.luvu4luv.com/Prayer_Patience.html

I'd suggest that you find a way to talk to your husband about the matter, and if possible involve some family members. Or you may also log in here and submit your question again with much details, and you will be answered InshaAllah.

May Allah grant you delight in your husband and your children and make you a good example for the righteous! Ameen.

87. Assalam Alaikum
    That picture of the woman making dua is a picture of me. Please take it down. It was taken by campus newspaper for an article and has been used by people all over the internet for their own purposes and use.
    Please respect my wishes.
    JAK

88. The information on this page is a blessing and extremely helpful...JazakAllah.