Nabi Booti plant to help conceive?

Does the Maryam Booti (or Nabi Booti) plant help with conception, pregnancy or delivery?

Question:

I bought Nabi Booti from Madina, Saudi Arabia for someone I know. I was told that its to help women conceive. I am not sure if it should be used and if so than how it should be used.

- Tahira

Wael's Answer:

Dear Tahira, As-salamu alaykum,

The mystery continues. Back in June 2009 someone asked, "Does the Maryam Booti" work?" She wanted to know if this plant which grows in Arabia can help pregnant women with their delivery. At the time I searched the internet exhaustively and found almost nothing. I also asked my parents, who are both botanists and used to lecture at the University of Riyadh, but they were not familiar with maryam booti. My father thought he had heard of it before, but not in the context of pregnancy.

Now here you are, asking if the "Nabi Booti" can help women to conceive. I have to believe that this is probably the same plant with different names. Again, I searched the internet and found absolutely nothing.

Clearly this is a plant used in traditional medicine to help with some aspect of pregnancy, whether it's conception, pregnancy itself or delivery. We need someone who is knowledgeable about the use of Arabian plants in traditional medicine to answer this question.

Does anyone have more information about this?

I have written to a professor of medical science at the Arab American University in Jenin, Palestine, to ask for information. I will update here if I get a response, Insha'Allah.

Meanwhile, please read Sister Noorah's excellent answer, published only a few days ago, to this question,. "Dua for starting pregnancy? Recommended way to conceive?"

And Allah knows best.

If any readers have some additional advice for this questioner, feel free to post your comments below.

(O Allah), Guide us to the straight path; The path of those whom you have favored; Not those with whom you are angry; Nor those who go astray.

Best regards,

- Wael Hesham Abdelgawad, Editor
IslamicAnswers.com Marriage Advice
Zawaj.com Muslim Matrimonial Service

Tagged as: , , , ,

1. I have mariyum ku boot n nabi ki booti as well , mariyum booti use for labours n nabi booti for conception ,in my house my sis n law use this nabi ki booti for conception she had success and her sis n law tried she concieve in first attempt

2. Do we need to grind the leaves only or the stems as well??
    And I have been told that both the husband and the wife needs to take it..kindly guide me with that

3. Kindly reply to my queries

• I don't know about boti but if u pray 2 raka't Nafal and after salam Recite aya of sura Maryam Rabbi la taZarni fardan wa anta Khair ul wariseen.

• Assalamualaikum every one. I am a resident in Madinah. I hope this message finds you well, this nabi booti and Mariam boori are two different things. Nabi booti is used for conception and the Mariam booting is used for the labor. Nabi booti is either in the form of leaves or powder, and you can find it anywhere in Madinah, Saudi Arabia. The nabi boot ios to be used only by the females. If it is on the form of leaves take a quarter teaspoon of the leaves and crush them into a fine powder . Add these crushed leaves into half a glass of milk and drink it in the morning before you eat or drink anything(fasting). This is to be taken right after the women is clean from her mensus. Example- if 1st is the date most women are clean by the 7th, so you start eating this from the 8th day morning for seven days exactly and them leave. Then leave a week and eat again for seven days ( alternate weeks). EAt for two weeks each month following the procedure until you are pregnant ,inshallah you will concieve soon.

• I live in rabigh..
          I brought nabi booti from madina ..
          All i want is that what is the significance of using alternatively ?
          Cant i use continously until i concieve

• ap ny kha nabi booti leaves main hoi but jo main ny mngwai ha wo to phool main ha jisko a maryium boti bol rhi ho ...mjy chahy cnciv krny k lye ...plz mjy rply kr dain sae sy guid kr dain ....:)

4. Asalamoalikum
    Plz can anyone say me I'm getting irregular periods so can I take nabi booti in normal days not just after periods
    Jazakallah

5. Dear sisters,

I am living in US and Inshallah baby is due for July this year. I have a request. Is it possible for any of the sister to send me Maryam booti to US? I am willing to pay for the shipment and whatever it cost to get it. Jazakallah

• salaams I have the bibi maryam flower. Please let me know your details and I will mail it to you. I am in the US too.

6. HELLO sisters. I live in kenya. Have been trying to conceive for 10yrs now. I got pregnant 3 months back, but I miscarried last week. Plz can anyone send me this nabi booti here. I am ready to pay for the transport and the parcel charge. Will be glad. Shukran

7. mujy jo nabi booti mili ha wo phool typ ha ,,,,,but kuch khty hain wo paton typ main hoti hai kindly mjy koi btaye ga k exct nabi boti kon c ha 🙁