Can A Muslim Man Marry a Christian Woman?

I have a Muslim lover. Do we have a chance to get married?

I am a Christian girl and he is a Pakistani man.

- khenchie

Tagged as: , , , ,

1. Hi.. I am a filipina and a muslim convert for about 2-3 months now. I had a saudi boyfriend before who asked me to marry him temporarily to which i agreed since i am in love with him. He keeps promising me that I am his only wife and that he wants our marriage to be a permanent one. Now im not sure if this man really loves me or not because my gut feelings are telling me there is something odd with our marriage. Yes he does spend time with me but only when he feels like being with me. But up until now, we have not met each others families and that he seems to be afraid to let his families know about me. i really need to gain back the peace of mind and i have been praying for clarity and guidance. May you please tell me more about how saudi men get married and how serious they can be about marriage with non-saudi women. Thanks..

• Lyn, this man is using you for temporary companionship or sexual pleasure. He clearly has no intention of marrying you properly. In fact, he might already be married. Furthermore, Sunni Islam does not recognize the validity of temporary marriage. So in reality your relationship with this man is entirely invalid and inappropriate. I suggest you cut off your relationship and contact with him immediately and totally, as difficult as that may be.

If you need further advice, please register and submit your question as a separate post, and we will answer you in turn, Insha'Allah.

• To add up, lately he is wearing a silver ring on his right hand. He is not wearing that before but now, he never stop wearing them. Most men wear rings but with a stone on it, but for him its just a plain silver ring.

• plz dont marry with us they are very strict laws plz you search another good person if you not known good saudi men

• I concious why?because i have boyfriend pakistani men online fb he tell me that he loves me deeply he want to marry me and im only his wife he told me also that when we get married we lived his parents im afraid and nervous because ive try to believe also a muslim man before i love him somuch there are tyms that i give up my family friends and my country to come with him i believe his all sayings and promises because he is too sweet it comes to telling me something but when i not give him what he wants he easily left me and said to me he is not love me im too hurts that day.,but now i move on and there is another man showing me his love and he is muslim also from pakistan did i trust him?pls advice me.,

• I think you are setting yourself up for yet another disappointment. There's the religious difference between you, the cultural difference, the geographical distance, and the fact that your entire relationship is (it seems) virtual, existing only online and by phone. You should end this now, rather than prolong it.

• Hi my name is shaz if he loves you he will give you time ⌚

2. HI I am angel and presently working here in Saudi Arabia and like any other Filipina i learn to love a Muslim man.. but the problem is he wants to marry me but i am married in the Philippines.. but we are separated already though no papers.. My new partner told me so he can marry me is to be converted to islam and no problem for me since i am attach to Muslims and love reading the translated koran. Now is it really possible for us to be married if i will be converted to islam after marriage we will visit my fmily in Philippines then we will be in Australia could you please give us the best advice for us to be married Thank u very much

3. Dear sir i want a advice please...

4. To whom it may concern,
    I would like to ask.
    As a catholic, working in a part of middle east. I fell inlove with a muslim man. We are together for almost 4 yrs now. And plan to get married. But he dont want me to convert on a islamic religion. Because he is looking on other hand that full of my family is catholic.
    is there any possibility or opportunity for us to get married without me converting to muslim?

• Assalaamualaikam

The short answer is that, yes, a Muslim man can marry a practising Christian. However, there are many other issues to consider. I'd advise you to search our archives for other questions about Muslim - Christian marriage, and read some of the discussions there.

You may want to find out more about Islam - even if you don't want to become Muslim yourself, if you are going to be living in a Muslim marriage and family, Islam will inshaAllah (Allah willing) be a major part of your life.

Midnightmoon
      IslamicAnswers.com editor

5. >salamalaikum,I just wanna share my story abt my past relationship for almost 8months,I am widowed a catholic woman wth two kids,I fell in love wth a muslim smart guy here in uae.he was single when I met him and introduce me wth our common friend to him,since im already single for 6 years so im looking for smeone..who will be wth me for the rest of my life,,,Ii thought he is the one..he doesn't care if I dont want to convert in ISlam as long tht we respect wth our own religion..he was just strict in some ways like the way I wear clothes..and he doesnt want tht smeone will look at me.I feel loved wth him and I did the same,although its haram coz in islam there is no such thing as dating, we even talked abt marriage when we are together,bt on my side of course I hve some doubts coz im diffenitely sure tht his family will not accept me..bt still I dont want to lose him..we hve so many precious moments., until the time comes that I hve to accept the fact....that his family want him to marry his cousin....it was December 25,2014,I hve my instincts and I know it will going to happen very soon.....we hve a very serious conversation tht time and he told me that he is going for vacation last jan.28 and he even invited me to go wth him and he gave me time to think for two weeks to decide,..bt at tht time im not really ready to go wth him...coz im also thinkin g abt my kids and my family as well..so to make the story short...he went alone and got married last feb.8,he still keeping in touch wth me...bt most of the time I ignored him ...I was totally broken that time when I knew tht he got married wth his cousin..until now im still in pain...he still sent me msg.and telling me that he is.sick.and he dont know hw to express his situation..I still care abt him bt he can never be mine anymore..his friend keep on cheering me up.and he married his cousin for the sake of his family and he sacrificed his love to me.and now I realized tht I need to move on now and think abt my future....I stand strong and I know GOd will lead the way...

• He got married his chapter is closed . If he really love you why he marraid their most of asain are behind EU and citizenship and taking wrong step but you can find better one who love you with sincerity

6. Hi, Im filipina I'm Married to christian man but i want to divorced him because we doesnt have any communicaton for 2 years and he is so irresponsible. If I will convert to Muslim, is my marriage with that christian guy is annuled or what ?

• If you convert to Islam, your marriage will be annulled from an Islamic perspective (after a short waiting period called an 'iddah). However, your legal annulment from the Philippines court is another matter. You will have to seek that separately, or a declaration of divorce from the Shariah court.

7. I need advice...

I started dating a Nigerian guy last year november. Things were going okay until march 2015 when he called it quit. Before he called it quit i had a lebanese friend... Few weeks after the break up, my lebanese friend told me he really wants to date me. a serious relationship. Knowing fully well what i was going through... Its almost two months into our relationship... he's loving. He's a good man- i know this because i've been studying him since we met...
    The problem is he's muslim and i'm christian. When i brought it up, he said he doesnt have a problem with it and we all serve the same God...

I'm still not comfortable...

• Dear Violet,

If the men that you are dating say that they are Muslim and that they have no problem with you being Christian, they are problem telling you the truth. Here is their truth. There is no dating in Islam and more than likely they are not interested in marrying you--more than likely they are taking advantage of the fact that you are not informed about Islam and what their responsibilities are.

I recommend that you start learning about Islam and the rights and responsibilities that both men and women have. It will help you to understand the behaviour of these men.

A Muslim man can marry a Christian woman.

8. Hi, I would just like to inquire about marrying a Syrian Muslim guy in Doha...
    we are planning to get married and I'm a filipina Christian.
    is there a way that we can get married in Doha Qatar even me not converted into Muslim?
    Though its ok for me to become Muslim, its not an issue anyway. But just to make it clear is there a possible way that we can get married, a muslim and a Christian in a muslim country?
    do you have any idea for the requirements to get married?
    hoping for your fast answer. Thanks

• heide, please register and submit your question as a separate post and we will answer you in turn.

• Hi, I would just like to inquire about marrying a Syrian Muslim guy in Doha…
        we are planning to get married and I’m a filipina Christian.
        hoping for your fast answer. Thanks

9. Hi im a filipina lworking in saudi now. I have a half saudi bf. Im so inlove with him. He dont force me to convert in muslim but he said to try to search.. Now ii try fasting also in ramdan..and search and find about islam.. Ihe dont force me but i want to do it for my self. He told me that our relationship is hard..because he is thinking how can he marry me?? I really dont know how... He is not pure saudi..only half... What can we do...i dont want to be a second wife... He is thinking to marry first a saudi girl just to marry me.. Is that only a solution???

10. salam o alaikum

hi im a filipina..i have a pakistani boyfriend... i have a daughter with me..we plan to get married..i want to ask wat is the easy way..he come here in philippines for marriage or i will go there in pakistan..? can we get married here and go there in pakistan with my daughter?

11. I'm Christian filipina woman and planning to get married with Muslim Pakistani man need some advise if this can be happen? Coz he's a married man but wanting me to marry me

12. Im so deppress now thinking how to solve the problem... He already told about me to his family and mom.. His mom approved about me.. But the problem now ..how we can get married legally in saudi. Or how can we become legal i. Saudi... He is 28years old half saudi half kwait.. I already revert to islam.... Please any advice can help?

• Register and submit your question as a separate post , and you will be answered in turn.

• I dont know...and he also have girlfriend before this girl is a filipina also but shes in taiwan now she working there the contrct is 3yrs after 1yr she come bck here also.this girl is alwys chatting texting to this man and he till he like married me.what i do?i dnt like he married me after he alwys have communication of this girl,this very pain for me i am jealous that.

13. I'm filipina converted muslim 4 months I have egyptian boyfriend we r in relationships in 7 months but I'm married in phillipines and separated without legal paper and my egyptian boyfriend is single and want to married me what? Should I do not make problem for both of us we can go phillipines and Egypt without any problems. ......thanks I need badly your answer. ...

14. I got pregnant 3 yrs ago from my Bangladeshi boyfriend.
    He is muslim and married man.
    He is willing to marry me and i also want us get married to legalize my 3years old daughter. But we don't know how or is it allowed in Islam.Because i am a single Filipina Christian.
    Please advise me. Thank you!

• Anabelle, I suggest that you convert to Islam so that there will be no impediment to your marriage.

• hi..im a filipina girl and i have boyfriend muslim man and he ask me to marriege but he already have wife in pakistan but he marriage me secretly..what i go?pls answer my question..thanks

• Secret marriage is never a good idea. If your boyfriend doesn't respect his current wife, what makes you think he will respect you?

15. Hi, Im filipina' I love 1bahraini man. . He working bdf..is that realy long procedure if he marry me..he told me a lot of reason.. I love him very much how know he realy want me to his life..

16. Hi i am a filipina christian catholic,my boyfriend is oman nationality and muslim,he wants to marry me in philippines...
    How could we do that?
    Pls advice me.

Thanks

17. Hi im mafel...working in saudi arabia..i am marred nd separated with my husband two years ago but no legal separation....i have boyfriend egyptian man nd willing to marry me...it is possible to marry him if i convert myself as muslim?does my marriage in philippine automatically annuled f i convert myself muslim?

18. Yes Plsss can u advice me if I willing to marry with him.. He is Pakistan man and me is pilipino woman

19. hi..im a filipina girl and i have boyfriend muslim man and he ask me to marriege but he already have wife in pakistan but he marriage me secretly..what i go?pls answer my question..thanks

20. hi i am muslim man and i have christen girlfriend from mexico so i would know as we can get marry in dubai if yes then where and how is possible and where we can marry legally in dubai..

thanks

21. Hi, i am a german christian and just finished school this month. In 2 months i will move to the Uk to work there for 1 year befire i start with university. I chose England because my Pakistani boyfriend is living there and i want to find out whether i can imagine a life in England. I couldnt ask for anyone better than him and to marry him is my big wish. He is a very selfish person and his goal in life is to keep his parents happy and care for them as much as he can, to repay them for what they gave him. The last few weeks he became kind of depressed because he feels like he cant keep up with all the responsibilities at home. He feels like he needs some support at home and someone to lean on. His parents already siggested him a few women to arrange a marriage with, but he never agreed with it, because he didnt feel like thats something for him. Now as the situation got worse he is thinking of meeting that girl his parents want to arrange a marriage with. He told me about that a few days ago on skype and since then i am completely destroyed. I know that he loves me, i never doubted that and he promised me to be always there for me, even if he gets married to someone else. But we need to be realistic, things gonna change once he agrees to all this. He promised me to pick me up from the airport when i come to the uk and i asked him whether he can promise to dont meet anyone till the day i get there. He is the love of my life and i would do anything to make a future together possible, but he became so pessimistic and depressed, that i am losing my hope as well now. He doesnt think that his parents would accept me or that i would fit in his life and he doesnt want me to go through all this. He said that he will tell his parents about me once they come up with the arranged marriage thing again and to stop hiding anything....his dad is quite conservative and i am afraid that he will be very angry with him. My parents know about him and i feel like my parents (atlest my mum as i shared all the problems with her) understand that this is not just a short love story or anything. Its a serious relationship and it would break my heart to lose him as that would mean to lose my best friend and the person i can share everything with. I am already not eating or sleeping properly since days and i never felt so weak and helpless. I really need some advise !! I can imagine to live with him and his family and to study in England, but even though i try everything and think of so many options i feel like he is too down and under pressure to think clearly. I want him to wait with his decision 1 more year because in that year we can spend some time together and i will see whether i like to live in england. It will take time to convince his parents (if its even possible) but if it works then ig will be wirth all the stress !! I just really need to convince him to dont give up. Any advise will be helpful 🙂

• Hey Clara,
      looks like you are very serious. What i can tell you after reading this long para that made me feel that you want only him and are very passionate for him. Whereas, desire to have the rest of your life with him, Clara as you are going to meet him after two months. JUST SAY HIM THAT YOU WILL NOT MEET ANYONE. And say that dumbo that you will love him till the end. say him NOT TO MEET ANYONE. A few arguments with his parents would not be so bad for him. You can say him to take just 6 months atleaaast from his parents. In this time you will know him even better when you will be with him actually
      And clara life is full of surprises, Expect the best and what ever happens leave it on fate. You are a strong girl and move on happily with life.

BTW - I am in a very similar situation like you. 5500 km away from the love of my life.

• Thanks Salman for your comment, i felt kind of stupid telling my story here, but after your reply, i know that it was a good idea. He just talked to his mum and it ended in kind of a fight. I am quite concerned about the situation, but hoping for the best.

• Dont feel stupid. you are a brilliant and a loyal girl .God will surely help u
          donn't worry for these things, he will slowly get the confidence and you would know where are u upto.
          I pray for you that you get along with him and his family happy. and live the rest of your life happily

• This is soooo kind of you. I told him that i found a website where i told our problem and i will definetely read your comments to him, maybe it will change his pessimistic attitude a bit. Normally i didnt publish these kind of personal stuff, but i really felt stuck in the situation and tried to wverything possible. After your replies i dont regret it at all. Thank you so much 🙂

• Clara Franzke: In 2 months i will move to the UK to work there for 1 year before i start with university. I chose England because my Pakistani boyfriend is living there. . The last few weeks he became kind of depressed because he feels like he cant keep up with all the responsibilities at home. He feels like he needs some support at home and someone to lean on. His parents already suggested him a few women to arrange a marriage with, but he never agreed with it, because he didn't feel like that is something for him. Now as the situation got worse he is thinking of meeting that girl his parents want to arrange a marriage with. He told me about that a few days ago on skype and since then i am completely destroyed. I know that he loves me........ He said that he will tell his parents about me once they come up with the arranged marriage thing again

May be he loves you. I have a feeling he is planning to get married to some one in Pakistan. He is just using his parents as an excuse. Next time don't do g/f b/f thing if you want to marry a South Asian guy.

Why has he not told his parents yet, since his parents are already suggesting girls for him to get married?

Some time even married guys pretend to be single to get a g/f. Please be careful.

• Hi, his parents already suggested him girls before we met. They want him to get married, but they arent forcing him. He already said no a few times, but he really wants to make his mum happy as he grew up in pakistan with his mum and sisters while his dad was working in the uk. He promised his mum when he was a kid to be always there for and so he tries his best to make her happy. He already started talking with his mum about the topic and will continue this weekend. I dont doubt that he loves me at all qnd never did. The situation is just so fucking complicated...he is single 100% we used to talk 15 hours per day after work(otherwise he wouldnt have so much time) i am not afraid of those kind of things. Its just that he is too selfless to make decisions that makes himself happy and not only his parents.

• Does he live by himself or does he live with his parents? If he lives with his parents do they expect him to stay with his wife with them?

I've seen a couple of such relationships move to marriage without issues. It will depend on what the expectations his parents have and what he's willing to do.

• He is living with his parents (he is paying for the house) and they are building an extension, so he will have his own flat...his parents want him to stay with them, i guess, but his other siblings live by themselves as well. Seriously i dont mind living with them as long as they accept me and dont treat me like i am not good enough...