Can A Muslim Man Marry a Christian Woman?

I have a Muslim lover. Do we have a chance to get married?

I am a Christian girl and he is a Pakistani man.

- khenchie

Tagged as: , , , ,

1. Hi.. I am a filipina and a muslim convert for about 2-3 months now. I had a saudi boyfriend before who asked me to marry him temporarily to which i agreed since i am in love with him. He keeps promising me that I am his only wife and that he wants our marriage to be a permanent one. Now im not sure if this man really loves me or not because my gut feelings are telling me there is something odd with our marriage. Yes he does spend time with me but only when he feels like being with me. But up until now, we have not met each others families and that he seems to be afraid to let his families know about me. i really need to gain back the peace of mind and i have been praying for clarity and guidance. May you please tell me more about how saudi men get married and how serious they can be about marriage with non-saudi women. Thanks..

• Lyn, this man is using you for temporary companionship or sexual pleasure. He clearly has no intention of marrying you properly. In fact, he might already be married. Furthermore, Sunni Islam does not recognize the validity of temporary marriage. So in reality your relationship with this man is entirely invalid and inappropriate. I suggest you cut off your relationship and contact with him immediately and totally, as difficult as that may be.

If you need further advice, please register and submit your question as a separate post, and we will answer you in turn, Insha'Allah.

• To add up, lately he is wearing a silver ring on his right hand. He is not wearing that before but now, he never stop wearing them. Most men wear rings but with a stone on it, but for him its just a plain silver ring.