Can A Muslim Man Marry a Christian Woman?

I have a Muslim lover. Do we have a chance to get married?

I am a Christian girl and he is a Pakistani man.

- khenchie

Tagged as: , , , ,

1. Hi.. I am a filipina and a muslim convert for about 2-3 months now. I had a saudi boyfriend before who asked me to marry him temporarily to which i agreed since i am in love with him. He keeps promising me that I am his only wife and that he wants our marriage to be a permanent one. Now im not sure if this man really loves me or not because my gut feelings are telling me there is something odd with our marriage. Yes he does spend time with me but only when he feels like being with me. But up until now, we have not met each others families and that he seems to be afraid to let his families know about me. i really need to gain back the peace of mind and i have been praying for clarity and guidance. May you please tell me more about how saudi men get married and how serious they can be about marriage with non-saudi women. Thanks..

• Lyn, this man is using you for temporary companionship or sexual pleasure. He clearly has no intention of marrying you properly. In fact, he might already be married. Furthermore, Sunni Islam does not recognize the validity of temporary marriage. So in reality your relationship with this man is entirely invalid and inappropriate. I suggest you cut off your relationship and contact with him immediately and totally, as difficult as that may be.

If you need further advice, please register and submit your question as a separate post, and we will answer you in turn, Insha'Allah.

• To add up, lately he is wearing a silver ring on his right hand. He is not wearing that before but now, he never stop wearing them. Most men wear rings but with a stone on it, but for him its just a plain silver ring.

• plz dont marry with us they are very strict laws plz you search another good person if you not known good saudi men

• I concious why?because i have boyfriend pakistani men online fb he tell me that he loves me deeply he want to marry me and im only his wife he told me also that when we get married we lived his parents im afraid and nervous because ive try to believe also a muslim man before i love him somuch there are tyms that i give up my family friends and my country to come with him i believe his all sayings and promises because he is too sweet it comes to telling me something but when i not give him what he wants he easily left me and said to me he is not love me im too hurts that day.,but now i move on and there is another man showing me his love and he is muslim also from pakistan did i trust him?pls advice me.,

• I think you are setting yourself up for yet another disappointment. There's the religious difference between you, the cultural difference, the geographical distance, and the fact that your entire relationship is (it seems) virtual, existing only online and by phone. You should end this now, rather than prolong it.

2. HI I am angel and presently working here in Saudi Arabia and like any other Filipina i learn to love a Muslim man.. but the problem is he wants to marry me but i am married in the Philippines.. but we are separated already though no papers.. My new partner told me so he can marry me is to be converted to islam and no problem for me since i am attach to Muslims and love reading the translated koran. Now is it really possible for us to be married if i will be converted to islam after marriage we will visit my fmily in Philippines then we will be in Australia could you please give us the best advice for us to be married Thank u very much

3. Dear sir i want a advice please...

4. To whom it may concern,
    I would like to ask.
    As a catholic, working in a part of middle east. I fell inlove with a muslim man. We are together for almost 4 yrs now. And plan to get married. But he dont want me to convert on a islamic religion. Because he is looking on other hand that full of my family is catholic.
    is there any possibility or opportunity for us to get married without me converting to muslim?

• Assalaamualaikam

The short answer is that, yes, a Muslim man can marry a practising Christian. However, there are many other issues to consider. I'd advise you to search our archives for other questions about Muslim - Christian marriage, and read some of the discussions there.

You may want to find out more about Islam - even if you don't want to become Muslim yourself, if you are going to be living in a Muslim marriage and family, Islam will inshaAllah (Allah willing) be a major part of your life.

Midnightmoon
      IslamicAnswers.com editor

5. >salamalaikum,I just wanna share my story abt my past relationship for almost 8months,I am widowed a catholic woman wth two kids,I fell in love wth a muslim smart guy here in uae.he was single when I met him and introduce me wth our common friend to him,since im already single for 6 years so im looking for smeone..who will be wth me for the rest of my life,,,Ii thought he is the one..he doesn't care if I dont want to convert in ISlam as long tht we respect wth our own religion..he was just strict in some ways like the way I wear clothes..and he doesnt want tht smeone will look at me.I feel loved wth him and I did the same,although its haram coz in islam there is no such thing as dating, we even talked abt marriage when we are together,bt on my side of course I hve some doubts coz im diffenitely sure tht his family will not accept me..bt still I dont want to lose him..we hve so many precious moments., until the time comes that I hve to accept the fact....that his family want him to marry his cousin....it was December 25,2014,I hve my instincts and I know it will going to happen very soon.....we hve a very serious conversation tht time and he told me that he is going for vacation last jan.28 and he even invited me to go wth him and he gave me time to think for two weeks to decide,..bt at tht time im not really ready to go wth him...coz im also thinkin g abt my kids and my family as well..so to make the story short...he went alone and got married last feb.8,he still keeping in touch wth me...bt most of the time I ignored him ...I was totally broken that time when I knew tht he got married wth his cousin..until now im still in pain...he still sent me msg.and telling me that he is.sick.and he dont know hw to express his situation..I still care abt him bt he can never be mine anymore..his friend keep on cheering me up.and he married his cousin for the sake of his family and he sacrificed his love to me.and now I realized tht I need to move on now and think abt my future....I stand strong and I know GOd will lead the way...

6. Hi, Im filipina I'm Married to christian man but i want to divorced him because we doesnt have any communicaton for 2 years and he is so irresponsible. If I will convert to Muslim, is my marriage with that christian guy is annuled or what ?

• If you convert to Islam, your marriage will be annulled from an Islamic perspective (after a short waiting period called an 'iddah). However, your legal annulment from the Philippines court is another matter. You will have to seek that separately, or a declaration of divorce from the Shariah court.

7. I need advice...

I started dating a Nigerian guy last year november. Things were going okay until march 2015 when he called it quit. Before he called it quit i had a lebanese friend... Few weeks after the break up, my lebanese friend told me he really wants to date me. a serious relationship. Knowing fully well what i was going through... Its almost two months into our relationship... he's loving. He's a good man- i know this because i've been studying him since we met...
    The problem is he's muslim and i'm christian. When i brought it up, he said he doesnt have a problem with it and we all serve the same God...

I'm still not comfortable...

• Dear Violet,

If the men that you are dating say that they are Muslim and that they have no problem with you being Christian, they are problem telling you the truth. Here is their truth. There is no dating in Islam and more than likely they are not interested in marrying you--more than likely they are taking advantage of the fact that you are not informed about Islam and what their responsibilities are.

I recommend that you start learning about Islam and the rights and responsibilities that both men and women have. It will help you to understand the behaviour of these men.

A Muslim man can marry a Christian woman.

8. Hi, I would just like to inquire about marrying a Syrian Muslim guy in Doha...
    we are planning to get married and I'm a filipina Christian.
    is there a way that we can get married in Doha Qatar even me not converted into Muslim?
    Though its ok for me to become Muslim, its not an issue anyway. But just to make it clear is there a possible way that we can get married, a muslim and a Christian in a muslim country?
    do you have any idea for the requirements to get married?
    hoping for your fast answer. Thanks

• heide, please register and submit your question as a separate post and we will answer you in turn.

• Hi, I would just like to inquire about marrying a Syrian Muslim guy in Doha…
        we are planning to get married and I’m a filipina Christian.
        hoping for your fast answer. Thanks

9. Hi im a filipina lworking in saudi now. I have a half saudi bf. Im so inlove with him. He dont force me to convert in muslim but he said to try to search.. Now ii try fasting also in ramdan..and search and find about islam.. Ihe dont force me but i want to do it for my self. He told me that our relationship is hard..because he is thinking how can he marry me?? I really dont know how... He is not pure saudi..only half... What can we do...i dont want to be a second wife... He is thinking to marry first a saudi girl just to marry me.. Is that only a solution???

10. salam o alaikum

hi im a filipina..i have a pakistani boyfriend... i have a daughter with me..we plan to get married..i want to ask wat is the easy way..he come here in philippines for marriage or i will go there in pakistan..? can we get married here and go there in pakistan with my daughter?