Can A Muslim Man Marry a Christian Woman?

I have a Muslim lover. Do we have a chance to get married?

I am a Christian girl and he is a Pakistani man.

- khenchie

Tagged as: , , , ,

1. Hi.. I am a filipina and a muslim convert for about 2-3 months now. I had a saudi boyfriend before who asked me to marry him temporarily to which i agreed since i am in love with him. He keeps promising me that I am his only wife and that he wants our marriage to be a permanent one. Now im not sure if this man really loves me or not because my gut feelings are telling me there is something odd with our marriage. Yes he does spend time with me but only when he feels like being with me. But up until now, we have not met each others families and that he seems to be afraid to let his families know about me. i really need to gain back the peace of mind and i have been praying for clarity and guidance. May you please tell me more about how saudi men get married and how serious they can be about marriage with non-saudi women. Thanks..

• Lyn, this man is using you for temporary companionship or sexual pleasure. He clearly has no intention of marrying you properly. In fact, he might already be married. Furthermore, Sunni Islam does not recognize the validity of temporary marriage. So in reality your relationship with this man is entirely invalid and inappropriate. I suggest you cut off your relationship and contact with him immediately and totally, as difficult as that may be.

If you need further advice, please register and submit your question as a separate post, and we will answer you in turn, Insha'Allah.

• To add up, lately he is wearing a silver ring on his right hand. He is not wearing that before but now, he never stop wearing them. Most men wear rings but with a stone on it, but for him its just a plain silver ring.

2. HI I am angel and presently working here in Saudi Arabia and like any other Filipina i learn to love a Muslim man.. but the problem is he wants to marry me but i am married in the Philippines.. but we are separated already though no papers.. My new partner told me so he can marry me is to be converted to islam and no problem for me since i am attach to Muslims and love reading the translated koran. Now is it really possible for us to be married if i will be converted to islam after marriage we will visit my fmily in Philippines then we will be in Australia could you please give us the best advice for us to be married Thank u very much

3. Dear sir i want a advice please...

4. To whom it may concern,
    I would like to ask.
    As a catholic, working in a part of middle east. I fell inlove with a muslim man. We are together for almost 4 yrs now. And plan to get married. But he dont want me to convert on a islamic religion. Because he is looking on other hand that full of my family is catholic.
    is there any possibility or opportunity for us to get married without me converting to muslim?

• Assalaamualaikam

The short answer is that, yes, a Muslim man can marry a practising Christian. However, there are many other issues to consider. I'd advise you to search our archives for other questions about Muslim - Christian marriage, and read some of the discussions there.

You may want to find out more about Islam - even if you don't want to become Muslim yourself, if you are going to be living in a Muslim marriage and family, Islam will inshaAllah (Allah willing) be a major part of your life.

Midnightmoon
      IslamicAnswers.com editor