Family not allowing my marriage because of caste

No castes in Islam

There is no caste in Islam

A/S everyone,

I have a question. I want to marry a guy and we have been in a relationship for 7 years now. His family is also ready with the marriage proposal and have approached my family a number of times. But my family is not agreeing.

The only reason they are giving is that the boy is not of our caste, although he is also a Muslim. We have tried convincing them but of no use. It has been almost 2 years since we began trying to convince them. They only say I can marry him, but they will not be involved, and after that there will be no connection with them.

Is the reason they are giving even valid? They know that there is no caste system in Islam, still they are not allowing it just because of thinking about society.

Please help me in this regard as soon as possible. Should istakhara be done, and what is the correct procedure to follow? There are a lot of sites and everywhere there is a slight difference in the process.

-Aliyaa

Tagged as: , , , ,

1. Their reasoning is not valid and therefore makes them not fit to be your guardian. You need to seek an imam who can be your guardian on your behalf. Caste is just meaningless. You marrying someone from your caste doesn't add value so it just boils down to arrogance. If this man has no fault then go ahead but inform your family what's going on