Islamic marriage advice and family advice

bad waswas hurting a lot

nafs

aoa I'm Hania,
I have bad thoughts about ALLAH pak and all pious people. These are disgusting and panicking. Do I have obbsessive compulsive disorder? Because someone said to me that it's a  psychology problem. I give consequences to these thoughts to get rid of them, but thats why problem has become worse. Now every 24 hours these thoughts create bad meanings and  bad words always. I read your articles on obsessive compulsive disorder, and I realize I have a heart full of sins and satan has a lot of effect on my heart so that now he does nothing, but I do what he wants. These are more frequent, and I have all the bad qualities of abnormal obsession- one thought stuck in my mind and doesn't leave me.
I try hard to vanish this terrible thought about islam, but I fail and it gets stuck in my mind and I feel helpless. I push it back again and again, but after some time it comes again . You are a muslim, so you can feel how bad I could feel about these thoughts and wanting to get rid of it, but  I can't because my nafs is out of control. I'm suffering a lot. My prayers suffer; I don't want to offer prayers because of these thoughts because I think I have such disgusting thoughts that the prayer will not acceptable. Listening to naat or good lectures or quran pak- these don't heal me. I have hard heart that they don't affect me, but I am caught with negative thoughts . I can't sleep- whenever my eyes open, these thoughts and images (or one bad word) come into my mind and I push them back so it does not harm me or doesn't go to Islamic personalities, but  at last my mind sticks to it and I do that.
I can sleep only 2 to 5 hours daily. For the past three months I'm mentaly upset. I struggle hard-  2,3,4,5 hours to vanish it- but next time it comes again. I do tauba again and again, but I'm not getting out of this situation. It means I myself become a satan, because satan is empowering me badly. I don't want to live more, and want peace of mind. I wish to harm my brain so that these thoughts don't occur. I  bcome psycho and I don't want to talk anyone. I become aggressive and want to live alone.
I want counseling via  Skype, can you help me out? I have fibroids,  and due to this I'm anemic and have vitamin D and calcium deficiency. Is this problem due to these deficiencies? I'm taking homeopathic medicines for these problems. I wrote your email before, can you help me out? Is this OCD or not? It has disturbed my whole life- eating, sleeping. I'm already physically weak, and because of this I bcome more weak. Please tell me any psychologist who can freely deal with my problem through Skype or emails, because I read a lot about OCD or waswas and ways to get rid of it, but I totally fail. Please help me, please please please.
-haniaali
Advertisements

Tagged as: , , , , ,

67 Responses »

  1. As-salamu Alaykum,
    Go see a doctor or ask a family member to take you. A doctor will be able to help determine whether you have OCD and help you find treatment. There are medications one can take to control OCD, and they are very effective for many people. I understand your desire to consult with someone on-line, but really the best thing to do is get help from a doctor you see in person. The doctor will, Insha'Allah, ask you the right questions, do the appropriate tests, and help steer you in the right direction. It may be that you do not have OCD at all, so it is better to be evaluated by a medical professional. Insha'Allah you will find relief from your issues soon.

  2. I want counseling via Skype, can you help me out? I have fibroids, and due to this I'm anemic and have vitamin D and calcium deficiency. Is this problem due to these deficiencies

    Did your problem start all of sudden? Do you believe deep down that people who seem pious are as bad as any one else? Did you had bad experience(s) while growing up with people who seemed to be pious? Some kids get abused by religious teachers or nice close relatives?

    You should take Vitamin D and Calcium supplement. Doctor should have recommended Iron and folic acid supplement for your anemia. What did the doctor say.

    Do you work or go to school, married or single? How do you keep busy?

    Do you get bleeding because of fibroids?

    Most human suffering is caused by THOUGHTS.

    In one is your family getting treated with mental illness?

    I don't think you have OCD or any illness?

  3. Assalaamualaikam

    Quite a few of the things you describe are consistent with stress or psychological ill-health - low mood, difficulty sleeping, distressing thoughts, thoughts of harming yourself... these can be signs of mental ill health and I think it's important to go to your GP or family doctor to see if this is the case. Many health services offer counselling services online, in person or via Skype, so you may well be able to access these through your GP, inshaAllah.

    It may be that your physical health problems could be impacting upon your mental health (and vice versa, as you've noticed feeling more weak) - speak to your GP about these as well, as they should be able to help you. People have different opinions on homeopathic medicine, but this isn't really the time or place for a debate on these, so hopefully we won't end up in a BigPharma vs. Homeopathy debate (again...); what I would advise though is that if you've been trying homeopathic treatments and they haven't helped you personally, then it might be worth considering different routes of treatment - sometimes a treatment will work for some people but not others. Your GP may also be able to give you advice about diet and exercise, as improving these areas can have significant benefits for our physical and mental health.

    Remember as well that The Prophet (peace be upon him) gave us guidance about treating illness and distress. When we feel unwell and are struggling with life, it can feel hard to do complex things, but why not start with a few duas? If you look at the "Dua in Islam" section of this website, there are some duas for anxiety and stress and for sickness; maybe try those? You mention concern about your prayers not being accepted, but remember the importance of intention (niyaat) - approach prayer and dua with good intentions, try your best, and remember that Allah is Most Merciful.

    Midnightmoon
    IslamicAnswers.com editor

  4. I advice you to go to a Muslimah (Psychiatrist), I mean a female Muslim Psychiatrist.

    Allaah Knows the Best!

  5. thanks a lot for posts .I m single I take homeo treatment for physical diseases and they are helping me.bet about my thought I went to psychologist he said it is ocd,so taking medicine which he refered pls pray a lot for me.

    • You are definitely in my prayers. Stay strong, and you will conquer this, Insha'Allah.

    • I may help you in this regard. It is okay to add you on Skype. But the problem is this kind of relationship will lead you to addiction for me. Which obviously I don't want. If you can marry please marry. If you can't marry then you should fast. If you can't fast then there is only one way, read below,

      1. What is Belief?
      2. Strong tendency of faith, so that the occurence of an event becomes positive.
      3. YOU HAVE TO BELIEVE IN ALLAAH (SUBHANUHU WA TA'ALA) AND IF THE PERSON YOU REALLY WANT TO MARRY THROUGH LEGAL HALAL WAY (ISLAMIC WAY) ALLAAH (SUBHANUHU WA TA'ALA) WILL LEAD YOU TO HIM THROUGH MARRIAGE AND ALLAAH (SUBHANUHU WA TA'ALA) IS THE ONLY IS THE ONLY IS THE ONLY HELPER AND IS THE BEST HELPER THE BEST HELPER YOU WILL FIND.
      4. YOU HAVE TO BELIEVE IN ALLAAH (SUBHANUHU WA TA'ALA). AND WAIT FOR HIS DECREE.
      5. REGARDING THE THOUGHTS JUST LET THEM GO. DON'T IGNORE THEM. JUST LET THEM GO. DON'T RESPONSE TO YOUR THOUGHTS. IT IS VERY SIMPLE.

      OH ALLAAH GRANT HER A WAY OUT. AND MAKE HER YOUR OBEDIENT SLAVE. AMEN! YA RABB!

      ALLAAH KNOWS THE BEST!

      • Assalaamualaikam

        Please remember that this website does not facilitate the exchange of personal contact information between brothers and sisters. If you have advice, please post it here, as it would not be Islamically appropriate for you and this sister to engage in private communication; as you have said, such interactions run the risk of undesired attractions and bonds developing.

        On a side note, please don't post large amounts of text in capital letters - caps tends to be interpreted online as shouting.

        Midnightmoon
        IslamicAnswers.com editor

        • Wa'alaikumusalam!

          That's why I said. Of course! I know already!

          FYI caps are not meant to shout! But it signifies importance. But I will insha'Allaah not use caps next time.

          Allaah Knows the Best!

        • You being a moderator I suggest you to help her. Add her to your Skype Id and see if you can help her.

          I know already the rules. That's why I have not proceeded further. Alhumdulillah! Your a female and you can help her. Jazaki-llaahu khairan! If you can help her. If not it is okay!

          Allaah Knows the Best!

        • That's why I said to her "Still not satisfied with my Skype Solution" because I knew I have diverted her attention from Skype. And I did not say her directly "NO" but I said indirectly to her "NO".

          And that's why I asked her to "let me know". Because I know I can add her id on Skype. But I will not alhumdulillah! Because I know the risk it involves from the devil.

          Allaah Knows the Best!

    • STILL NOT SATISFIED WITH MY SKYPE SOLUTION LET ME KNOW.

      ALLAAH KNOWS THE BEST!

      • thanks for ur duas .keep praying for me.as far as Skype is concerned I will nor prefer it at all especially with a male if there is any female who can help me in this regard then pls do or any female psychiatrist I will prefer her .thanks for suggestions.i have not bad experiences with pious people.

        • Yeah! That's what I am talking about! I can feel a strong girl now with noble character Masha'Allaah! That's the spirit! Thumbs up!

          Cheers! And just don't "respond" to any of the thoughts you are getting in your head. Because you are responding to the thoughts that makes you OCD. If you let them go and just ignore them. It will going to be all okay for sure insha'Allaah! Nothing to worry about!

          Allaah Knows the Best!

      • This is height of hypocrisy !!! Shame on you brother Masood, on one hand you give Islamic advice on this site everyday and on the other you are asking a stranger female to join you on Skype!!! I don't care whatever excuses you give, but this is just not right.

        • You must be insane read again! Above!

          Lol How do you know that I have asked her for Skype. I am accountable to Allaah (Subhanahu wa ta'ala), Not you! I must say you tried very very hard to degrade me just because I am a true Muslim and I associate no partners with Allaah (Subhanahu wa ta'ala). Allaah (Subhanahu wa ta'ala) Knows Very Well. You are not my God.

          Allaah Knows the Best!

          • Read very very carefully,

            You wrote to her

            'I may help you in this regard. It is okay to add you on Skype.'

            'STILL NOT SATISFIED WITH MY SKYPE SOLUTION LET ME KNOW.'

            And when she rejected your offer, as she is not comfortable to join a male on Skype, now all of a sudden you are in denial mode and acting innocent.

            A Hadith from Sahih al Bukhari 9/7098:
            Usamah radhiAllahu anhu heard Rasoolullah sallallahu alaihi wasallam saying:
            'A man will be brought and put in the hell fire and he will circumambulate (go round and round) in the hell fire like a donkey of a (flour grinding mill), and all the people of the hell fire will gather around him and will say to him, 'O so-and-so! Didn't you use to order others for Al-Ma'roof (Islamic monotheism and all that is good) and forbid them from Al-Munkar (polytheism, disbelief, and all that is evil)?'

            The man will say, 'I used to order others to do Al-Ma'roof (Islamic monotheism and all that is good) but myself never used to do it, and I used to forbid others from Al-Munkar (polyhtheism, disbelief, and all that is evil) while I myself used to do Al-Munkar'" This hadith warns us to practice what we preach.

        • May Allaah Guide You! Amen

        • I like your way of interrogation. You are blaming me just to check if I had added my her or not! Is it part of your plan just to make me a fool in front of others!

          If yes! Go ahead! My prayers are with you!

          Allaah Knows the Best!

  6. Salaams Sister Hania,

    Its sad to read about all your problems , to resolve the multiple issues with your physical & psychological health you need to consult a qualified doctor as well as a psychologist immediately.

    With regards to the bad thoughts about ALLAH SWT and all pious people, which I believe are nothing but the whisperings of Shaytan, I suggest you to establish 5 times Salat, do a lot of zikr and keep reciting the follow dua (in bold) daily.

    Shakal bin Humaid (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: I asked: "O Messenger of Allah,
    teach me a prayer." He (PBUH) said, "Say: Allahumma inni a'udhu bika min sharri sami , wa min
    sharri basari, wa min sharri lisani, wa min sharri qalbi, wa min sharri maniyyi
    (O Allah! I seek refuge
    in You from the evils of my hearing, the evils of my seeing, the evils of my tongue; the evils of my
    heart and the evils of passions)."

    [Abu Dawud and At-Tirmidhi]

    • Jazaak'Allaah! For sharing! The Hadith of the last Prophet and the last Messenger Muhammad sal lal laho elahe wasallam!

      Now, hate me for who I am! Please hate me because I said "no" to her and not added her on Skype. Please hate me! I insist you! Call me retarded! Please call me psycho! Brother! And say to me to go to a psychiatrist! Please

      Allaah Knows the Best!

  7. Moderators on the judgement day! We will meet! And you brother J see you also!

    Insha'Allaah will see Who was right and Who was wrong!

    Oh Allaah I Make You My Judge! For this Insult!

    Allaah Knows the Best!

    • SubhanAllah Brother Masood!

      Do you not feel scared of your stand before Allah on the day of al-Qiyamah? Can you feel like you would be in a good state on that day, let alone to wish that Allah judges your fellow brothers/sister? What conveys to you that your soul will be received in submission and be united with the righteous?

      Prophet Yusuf (Alaihi salaam) was a righteous and sincere servant of Allah, and Allah and then people testified this, yet one thing about him that makes me weep, is his humility. He seek from Allah to receive his soul in submission and unite him with the righteous.

      If he (Yusuf - alaihi salaam) who is one of the most nearest servants of Allah is making such a du'a, then what about you and me (who do not know ourselves yet), regardless of what we think about ourselves to be (truthful/sincere/good in 'ibadah etc)???

      "...It was thus that We diverted evil and indecency away from him. He was one of Our loyal servants. (Quran 12: 24)

      “Yusuf, O man of truth, inform us concerning seven fat cows being eaten by seven lean ones, and seven green spikes, and others dried up, so that I may return to the people, so that they may know." (Quran 12: 46)

      “My Lord, You have given me some authority, and taught me some interpretation of events. Initiator of the heavens and the earth; You are my Protector in this life and in the Hereafter. Receive my soul in submission, and unite me with the righteous.” (Quran 12: 101)

      Brother whatever the matter is, please fear Allah and then think of your own soul and how you are going to leave this world, and do not add others to your troubles, lest you become one of the losers.

      • I Seek no partners with Allaah (Subhanahu wa ta'ala) So I dare invite you on the Judgement Day insha'Allaah! Because you all Insulted me and planned this all.

        Let's meet on the Judgement Day! And Allaah (Subhanahu wa ta'ala) Is My Only Helper! And Allaah (Subhanahu wa ta'ala) Knows the Best!

      • And alhumdulillah I am not Scared of anyone but Allaah (Subhanahu wa ta'ala).

        Let's see Who is right and who is wrong!

        Allaah Knows the Best!

        • "...I have delivered to you the message of my Lord, and I have advised you, but you do not like those who give advice.” (Quran 7: 79)

          • "Already there has been for you a sign in the two armies which met - one fighting in the cause of Allah and another of disbelievers. They saw them [to be] twice their [own] number by [their] eyesight. But Allah supports with His victory whom He wills. Indeed in that is a lesson for those of vision."[3:13]

            See you all on the Judgement Day insha'Allaah!

            Allaah Knows the Best!

          • May Allaah's Wrath on You Amen!

            If you deleted the Qur'an Ayat!

          • And he turned away from them and said, "O my people, I had certainly conveyed to you the message of my Lord and advised you, but you do not like advisors."[7:79]

  8. Oh Sister Hania Ali Why are you patient! Tell them if you are a Believer if I had added you on Skype or not!

    If you don't reply. I ASK ALLAAH TO INCLUDE YOU ALSO ON THE JUDGEMENT DAY!

    AMEN!
    YA ALLAAH!

    • With all due respect, I think this and other off-topic messages should be deleted as they may be disturbing to Sr. Hania.

  9. Assalaamualaikam

    1. Sister, I agree with you that it would not be appropriate to add males to Skype. If you ask your GP or psychologist they should be able to put you in touch with a supportive female counsellor or a women-only support group - there are plenty of these services available, as it is quite common for people to prefer to speak with a counsellor of the same gender. You are also very welcome to post on this site and speak with people here. InshaAllah, you can get some professional support and support from women who have been in similar situations.

    2. Brothers, I think it's important to keep this discussion on topic. There's no need for anyone to make comments like "Allah's wrath upon you". If any of you have a concern, it would be more appropriate to explain what is concerning you - comments like that don't help people understand your point of view. Debate can be useful and helpful, but flame wars tend to just annoy people. The purpose of this site is to help and advise people in need. Sister Hania has asked for help and advice, so let's try to focus on helping her.

    May Allah have mercy on us all, and forgive us for harsh words we speak in anger.

    Midnightmoon
    IslamicAnswers.com editor

    • AsSalaamu Alaikum all,

      It seems to me like there was a real misunderstanding somewhere. While Brother Masood was being blamed for saying "It is okay to add you on Skype", he understood that he was being blamed for "adding sister Hania on his skype?".

      Even though both Brother J and Masood insulted each other (by using the word "hypocrisy" and "insane"), but that did not bother me much, since things like that happen in life sometimes. However, I stepped in when I saw the huge statement about meeting on the "Judgement Day". I only wanted to say that we should not wish for Allah to judge someone, no matter what the case may be, as we do not even know what our own state will be like by the time we leave this world.

      Our Role Model, the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) was troubled with all sort of troubles, and was insulted with all sort of insults, yet when Allah wanted to destroy the people, he said "O Allah forgive my people, for indeed they do not know".

      In any case, this should be the time to forgive each other and be brothers..."Do not have estranged relations with one another. Do not nurse enmity and do not feel envy against one another. O Allah's worshipers! Be brothers!" (Muslim)

      "It is by of grace from Allah that you were gentle with them. Had you been harsh, hardhearted, they would have dispersed from around you. So pardon them, and ask forgiveness for them, and consult them in the conduct of affairs. And when you make a decision, put your trust in Allah; Allah loves the trusting." (Quran 3:159)

      Anyway Brothers, Jumma Mubarak! And don't forget to recite surah al-Kahf, or at least listen to it.

      Our Beloved Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said:

      “Whoever reads Soorat al-Kahf on the night of Jumu’ah, will have a light that will stretch between him and the Ancient House (the Ka’bah).”

      “Whoever reads Surah al-Kahf on the day of Jumu’ah, will have a light that will shine from him from one Friday to the next.”

      "Whoever reads Surah al-Kahf on the day of Jumu’ah, a light will shine for him from beneath his feet to the clouds of the sky, which will shine for him on the Day of Resurrection, and he will be forgiven (his sins) between the two Fridays.”

      http://www.muslimahcompass.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=396:virtues-of-reciting-surah-kahf-the-cave-on-friday&catid=29:from-the-ummah&Itemid=37

  10. i KNEW IT THERE IS NO HANIA ALI! IT WAS ALL PLANNED!

    ALLAAH KNOWS THE BEST!

    • Assalaamualaikam

      Brother, please try to calm down. If this post continues to be side-tracked by flame wars, then it may end up being closed to further comments.

      It would be far better if we could all move on from this issue and return to advising and supporting the original poster.

      Midnightmoon
      IslamicAnswers.com editor

  11. Assalam alaikum Sister Hania,

    After seeking professional help, I would suggest that you increase your dhikr to an extensive amount. Having OCD can result in repetitive thoughts and it can be very difficult to let go of that thought by forcibly not thinking of it. By trying NOT to think about it, you end up thinking about it even more. Rather, you may find it beneficial to flood your brain with a lot of dhikr thus replacing one thought with another, rather than removing a thought with nothingness. Essentially, a thought needs to be replace with another thought and not with empty space.

    I pray that you get the help that you need and that you successfully move on from OCD, inn shaa Allah, Ameen.

  12. aoa
    I feel v uncomfortable after reading these comments.i share my problem here to get ur advice.lekin ap log apas may ku larr rahay hain.pls brother j and brother masood apas may mat laren and moderator say request hay k aisay comments publish mat Karen.ya delete kar den.i m taking my medicines and feeling much better ALLAH ka shukar hay.ap meray liay dua Karen or blame game band kar den.niyat ka haal ALLAH janta hay.ALLAH hum sab ko apnay hifzo aman may rakhay.next time ko blame game hui to may ye site use karna chor doon gi no comments at all.so ab comments sirf meri problem solving k liay hoon please no more blame game ..

  13. I m taking pills and I m feeling v better almost I have recovered 60 % ALLLAH 100% shifa dey ameen

  14. That's great news, Hania. I know someone who takes medication for OCD, and it really helps a lot. I'm glad you had the courage to seek out treatment and am sure that you posting about your success will give others hope in the future.

  15. aoa
    I m very fine now.1 thing I want to delete my 1 message .bcoz I don't want anyone read it and he or she have these waswas.so pls tell me how to delete very first message or otherwise I want to edit it.and want to delete unnecessary things from it pls

  16. aoa
    now I m taking homeopathic pills for ocd and feeling 90 % well. now u can delete this whole post thanks

  17. I need the same help. i need counseling for the same concerned. please reply as soon as you can.

  18. aoa
    sobia u meet psychologist.i took pills for this problem from a psychiatrist for 1 month but pills have side effects.and u bcome addicted to these pills.i have some other health related problems that's y I quit these medicines.and when I quit I feel restlessness,sleeplesness.fainted and other issues.u can take homeo pills neutotex e .but better advice u to meet psychologist or senior homeopathic and don't tell u have ocd let him judge what he say about ur problem.and start homeo pills these have less side effects like constipation etc.some times I feel that problem but I don't bother abt thoughts and try to not reply to thoughts.and try to think something alse.ALLAH help u I pray 4 u .and u also pray 4 me

    • Asak Sister Hania Ali and Sobia Ali,

      I have read your posts & replies,I think both of you need Ruhani ilaj (Spiritual Treatment.

      Do the following Wazifa

      Perform wazu(ablution) and take a glass of water (zam zam water is ideal, if available).

      Recite the following:

      100 times Astagfirulla

      11 times Durood-Sharif

      11 times each the three Quls (Surat an-Nas, Surat, al-Falaq and Surat al-Ikhlas. )

      11 times Ayat-al- Kursi (Q 2:255)

      487 times Bismillahi Rah'maaani Ra'Heem

      11 times the following Ayats (they are known as Ayat 5) in the same order :Quran Chap 2 Verse 246 (Al-Baqarah), Quran Chap 3 Verse 181 (Al Imran:) , Quran Chap 4 Verse 77 (An-Nisa: ) Quran Chap 5 Verse 27( Al-Maidah) and Quran Chap 13 Verse 16 (Ar-Ra `d)

      11 times Durood-Sharif

      Make Dua to Allah and ask him to cure all your aliments with the power of the ayats you have recited.

      Now blow on the water in the glass three times in such a way that few droplets of your saliva are also sprayed in the water.

      Pour this glass of water in a 1 litre water bottle, fill it with tap water leaving a little space on the top, shake well and store.

      Drink from this bottle half a glass (140-150 ml) of water first thing in the morning on empty stomach daily, use up the water within a week and then repeat the wazifa to prepare fresh supplies every week.

      Do this wazifa for at least four weeks and Insha'Allah, you'll see the difference after the second week.

      Aur Sisters Namazo ki Pabandi kare aur Allah par yakeen rakhe and make dua to Allah Swt

      Surat Al-'Isrā' (17:82)

      And We send down of the Qur'an that which is healing and mercy for the believers, but it does not increase the wrongdoers except in loss.

      • Assalam alaikum,

        There is no such thing as Wazifas in Islam. Repeating a name or iyat is an innovation/bid'aat.

        Simply make Du'a to Allah SWT for whatever it is that you want/need. He hears ALL and knows of our sincerity.

        • Abu Saeed al-Khudr’i narrates that while on a journey we halted at a place. A girl came to us and said: "The chief of this tribe has been stung by a scorpion and our men are not present, is there anybody amongst you who can recite something upon him to treat him?" Then, one of our men went along with her although we did not think that he knew any such treatment. However, our friend went to the chief and recited something upon him and the chief was cured. Thereupon, the chief gave him thirty sheep and gave us all milk to drink. When he returned, we asked our friend: "Did you know anything to recite upon him to cure him?” He said: “No, I only recited Umm al-Kitab (i.e. Surah al-Fatihah) upon him.” We said that do not do anything until we reach Madinah and ask the Prophet regarding this (practice and reward-whether the sheep were lawful or not for us). Upon reaching Madinah, we narrated this to the Prophet (salAllahu alayhi wasalam), whereupon he remarked: “How did he come to know that Al-Fatihah can be used as a cure? (Rasulullah said this in astonishment) Distribute your reward amongst yourselves and allot a share for me as well. [Sahih al-Bukhari]

          A man came to the Prophet (salAllahu alayhi wasalam), embraced Islam then returned to his people. On his way there were a group of men who had with them a mad man in iron manacles. The group said, that they heard that the travelers friend (i.e. Prophet Muhammad) had something good with him and so he exorcised the mad man with Surah al Fatiha, and he was cured. As reward they gave the traveller 100 sheep. He then returned to the Prophet and narrated the story. The Prophet asked if he did anything other than recite al-Fatiha, he said no. So the Prophet said that while these people make their livelihoods out of false incantations (i.e. worshipping false idols) the traveller earned the 100 sheep through something lawful; so he could keep the sheep.
          [Abu Dawud 3398/a]

          Did the Companion of Prophet(pbuh) commit bidda by reciting Surah al-Fatihah to cure the scorpion bite?

          If nothing, the sister would receive the reward of reciting the Quran & much more, Insha'Allah.

          As an authentic hadith in At-Tirmithee proves: “Whoever reads a letter from the Book of Allah, he will have a reward. And that reward will be multiplied by ten. I am not saying that “Alif, Laam, Meem” is a letter, rather I am saying that “Alif” is a letter, “laam” is a letter and “meem” is a letter.” So increase your recitation of the Qur’an to gain these merits, and to gain the following merit as well.

          • Recite the following:

            100 times Astagfirulla

            11 times Durood-Sharif

            11 times each the three Quls (Surat an-Nas, Surat, al-Falaq and Surat al-Ikhlas. )

            11 times Ayat-al- Kursi (Q 2:255)

            487 times Bismillahi Rah'maaani Ra'Heem

            11 times the following Ayats (they are known as Ayat 5) in the same order :Quran Chap 2 Verse 246 (Al-Baqarah), Quran Chap 3 Verse 181 (Al Imran:) , Quran Chap 4 Verse 77 (An-Nisa: ) Quran Chap 5 Verse 27( Al-Maidah) and Quran Chap 13 Verse 16 (Ar-Ra `d)

            11 times Durood-Sharif

            Perhaps I don't understand then. Why these numbers? Why not 13 times, or 489 times, or 101 times? Where is the reference for the specific numbers that you have mentioned? Can you please cite it? I see wazifas all the time and, perhaps due to my ignorance, I don't understand where these specific numbers come from.

            As far as what I have read and learnt, Wazifas are an innovation and if you study closer, mostly Muslim people from the Indian subcontinent are the ones who practice these and not Muslims in general.

        • Abu Hurayrah from the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him): “Whoever glorifies Allaah (says Subhaan Allaah) 33 times immediately after each prayer, and praises Allaah (says Al-hamdu Lillaah) 33 times, and magnifies Allaah (says Allaahu akbar) 33 times, this makes 99, then to complete 100 says Laa ilaaha ill-Allaah wahdahu laa shareeka lahu, lahu’l-mulk wa lahu’l-hamd wa huwa ‘ala kulli shay’in qadeer (There is no god except Allaah Alone, with no partner, His is the power and His is the praise, and He is Able to do all things) – his sins will be forgiven even if they are like the foam of the sea.” (Reported by Muslim, 939).

          ‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Amr (may Allaah be pleased with him) who said: “The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: ‘There are two qualities, no Muslim man acquires them but he will enter Paradise, and they are simple and easy. He should glorify Allaah (say Subhaan Allaah) 10 times immediately after each prayer, and praise Him (say Al-hamdu Lillaah) 10 times and magnify Him (say Allaahu akbar) 10 times.’ I saw the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) counting this on his fingers. He said: ‘That makes 150 on the tongue, and1500 (hasanaat) in the scales.
          When you go to bed, glorify Him and praise Him and magnify Him 100 times: that will be 100 times on the tongue and a thousand in the scales. (Sunan al-Tirmidhi, 3332).

          `A'ishah (may Allah be pleased with her) said, "When a member of the Prophet's family got ill, the Prophet would blow over his body by reciting the two protective surahs (Al-Falaq and An-Nas, 113 and 114 respectively) and would rub him with his hand." (Muslim)

          It is clear from above hadiths that using numbers to recite adkars & use of Quranic ayats to heal & benefit from it, is not an innovation or bidda practice but a Sunnah of the Prophet (pbuh)

          The question is why specific numbers,I don't know but I guess like 'x' amount of medicine dosage is essential for curing a disease similar pious people have figured out over generations that reciting certain Adhkars & specific Quranic ayats 'n' number of times is beneficial.& has healing powers.

          It time some of us shed our hostility towards Wazifas , they should be looked upon as parallel medicines, of course the power to heal & benefit is with Allah Swt.

          • AsSalaamu Alaikum Brother Passerby,

            You have given specific numbers for your wazifa, so what will happen if one number is reduced or added? Will the wazifa still works or not? If "No", why?

        • Wailaikum Salam Brother Issah,

          First of all, any wazifa may only work by the will of Allah. I am not aware whether adding or reducing one number makes a difference, Allahu-alam.. Like knowledge of herbal/folk medicines & their doses to cure diseases are passed on from generation to generation through practical knowledge, similarly I assume specific numbers have been assigned to wazifas using trial & error method over the last 1400 years.

          • AsSalaamu Alaikum Brother,

            Like knowledge of herbal/folk medicines & their doses to cure diseases are passed on from generation to generation through practical knowledge,

            This is part of our worldly matters, and the herbalists/pharmacists know their fields very well.

            similarly I assume specific numbers have been assigned to wazifas using trial & error method over the last 1400 years.

            This is part of our deen matters, and only numbers assigned by Allah and his messenger is acceptable--because they can tell the reason behind the numbers, but we humans cannot. We cannot rely on assumptions--we need to know who assigned those numbers to the wazifas, from Quran and Sunnah.

          • Assalam alaikum Br. Issah,

            Thank you for your input, as I was unsure. JazakAllah.

            It makes complete sense that Prophet Muhammad wouldn't be committing Bidaat (AsthughfurAllah), because it was his sunnah that we follow.

            Numbers prescribed by Allah (like 5 prayers, or 2.5% of our income to zakat, etc) and Prophet Muhammad (saws) we can accept, but otherwise, it is an innovation.

            And still we see lacking is a reference for the numbers above, so I would urge people to stay away from wazeefas.

            Correct me if I am wrong, but even those who commit black magic use verses from the Quran, so I would suggest we strongly adhere stick to the Sunnah and what is directly instructed from the Quran.

          • Like knowledge of herbal/folk medicines & their doses to cure diseases are passed on from generation to generation through practical knowledge, similarly I assume specific numbers have been assigned to wazifas using trial & error method over the last 1400 years.

            Let us all be careful about what we practice without Islamic evidence from our forefathers because Allah has warned us about this in the Quran. Our forefathers are neither wrong nor right due only to them being our forefathers.

            Al-Quran 2:170
            And when it is said to them, "Follow what Allah has revealed," they say, "Rather, we will follow that which we found our fathers doing." Even though their fathers understood nothing, nor were they guided?

        • Brother Issah

          Surat Al-'Isrā' (17:82)

          And We send down of the Qur'an that which is healing and mercy for the believers, but it does not increase the wrongdoers except in loss.

          The above verse is a good proof for Muslims to believe that Quranic ayats have healing powers.

          Islamic beliefs stipulate that each disease is sent down in this world with its cure, but the means of treatment may not be known to everyone .

          The knowledge of most medicines and their correct doses was discovered by common people after they found which medicines or herbs works best for the disease & passed on the info to next generations, so when you say "only numbers assigned by Allah and his messenger is acceptable-"..........It like saying I will only those medicines for cure which have be assigned by Allah & his messenger and reject all the rest. I feel your logic comes across a rigid as well as childish.

          We know from the prophet’s life that he (s.a.w.) used the Quran and dua to treat all types of ailments along with using physical means of healing.

          Its very dangerous to tell people to stay away from wazifas as indirectly you are asking them to not use Quranic ayats,& adhkars for healing & have disbelieved in the power of Quran & Allah's word to heal.

          • AsSalaamu Alaikum my dear brother,

            The Prophet (sallallahu alaihi wa sallam) approved of healing with ayats, but did he also approve of assigning of specific numbers to the ayats? Did any Sahabi assigned any numbers to any ayah? What is the proof?

            No one is saying that the ayats do not heal. However, the ayat's way of healing is different from herbs and medicines. Common people use the worldly knowledge to discover doses for herbs/medicines, but common people can't use the wordly knowledge to discover numbers for du'as or adhkar--this must be from Quran or Sunnah.

            There are ayats/adhkar that the Prophet (sallallahu alaihi wa sallam) priscribed numbers for them based on his divine knowledge (here we recite them by counting the numbers), and there are others that he left open without specific numbers (here we recite them as much as we can without specific numbers).

          • Its very dangerous to tell people to stay away from wazifas as indirectly you are asking them to not use Quranic ayats,& adhkars for healing & have disbelieved in the power of Quran & Allah's word to heal.

            Just to clarify,

            I am directly saying to stay away from wazeefas.

            I am directly saying, for the record, that we should make dhikr in no particular amount if there is no proof as to the number of times to say an ayah or word, then don't do that.

            I don't want to post here specifics about black magic, but I think it is common knowledge that those who engage in it actually use Ayahs from the Quran and will often tell those seeking quick remedies to their problems to recite such and such ayah this many times.

            All I am saying is if there isn't evidence, and so far I have not seen you post it, for the particular specific numbers that you have quoted, then we shouldn't be suggesting that.

            I agree with the other parts of post regarding the Quran having healing powers.

          • I agree with you sister Saba. Of course, if wazifas are about assigning specific numbers and attaching beliefs without evidence, then that is completely bid'ah and unacceptable--therefore everyone must stay away from wazifas, as the Prophet  (sallallahu alaihi wa sallam)  has warned us severely about bid'ah, and said it leads to hell-fire.

        • Brother Issah,,

          The Prophet (sallallahu alaihi wa sallam) approved of healing with some medicines & herbs,he (saw) did not mention each & every medicine & the quantity to be taken for a cure, but that does not stop us from using medicines, same logic applies to using assigning of specific numbers to the ayats,we use what works best to heal.

          , I agree the ayat's way of healing is different from herbs and medicines, an over dosage of medicines can give side effects, but repeatedly reciting ayats a number of times has no side-effects, if nothing you'll get the sawab of reciting them and it would bring you closer to Allah, Insha'Allah.

          Why can't common people use the worldly knowledge to discover numbers for du'as or adhkar, has the Prophet(pbuh) prohibited us from doing so?

          Most of the medieval medicines used even in Europe were copied from the book 'The Canon of Medicine 'by Ibn Sina (Avicenna 980 –1037), which was a standard medical text at many medieval universities. Similarly there are many books & texts written by pious men of understanding on Wazifas,these books have survived & are popular, proves the Wazifas documented in those books work.

          @Saba

          There is no need to demonize Wazifas, as if they have an element of shirk in them, Wazifas are specific Quranic ayats or Quranic dua or adhkars recited repeatedly 'n' number of times in anticipation of healing & cure.

          This is such an ignorant statement from you, Subhan'Allah "I don't want to post here specifics about black magic, but I think it is common knowledge that those who engage in it actually use Ayahs from the Quran"

          I have never heard or read such a thing before, citation needed.

          Some black magicians infact gain their powers by dishonouring Quran, engaging in filthy and haram acts & conjuring the disbelieving head of Jinns and worshiping him, offering animal or human sacrifices to gain access to servant Jinns who help them in their work.

          The magicians put black magic spells on the targeted person with the help of Jinns, the fact is, there is no black magic without the help of Jinns..

          Raqis(Islamic Excorcist) recite specific Quranic ayats on the person under the influence of black magic or one who is possessed by Jinns.

          Please read the book 'The Jinn and Human Sickness Remedies in the Light of the Qur'aan and Sunnah' Dr. Abu'l-Mundhir Khaleel ibn Ibraaheem Ameen for more info on blackmagic & the role of Jinns.

          You have quoted the following ayats iin your post

          Al-Quran 2:170
          And when it is said to them, "Follow what Allah has revealed," they say, "Rather, we will follow that which we found our fathers doing." Even though their fathers understood nothing, nor were they guided?

          and you are interpreting it as we should not follow the 'practices' of our forefathers. Yes that is true, but the 'practices' mention in the verse is nothing but worshipping the idols and the false deities, a shirk act. Allah criticized their reasoning:(check tafsir Ibn Kathir).

          The immediate next verse , makes it more clear.

          Al-Quran 2:171

          "And the example of those who disbelieve is as that of him who shouts to those (flock of sheep) that hear nothing but calls and cries. (They are) deaf, dumb and blind. So they do not understand."

          Let we careful when we quote & interpret Quranic ayats, Masha'Allah, Zakir Naik is very good at this, : identifying verses of Quran quoted out of context by people and giving them the right context & explanations in his lectures.

          • AsSalaamu Alaikum Brother Passerby,

            You wrote:

            The Prophet (sallallahu alaihi wa sallam) approved of healing with some medicines & herbs,he (saw) did not mention each & every medicine & the quantity to be taken for a cure, but that does not stop us from using medicines, same logic applies to using assigning of specific numbers to the ayats,we use what works best to heal.

            The way you keep on combining between medicines/herbs and ayats, clearly indicates your ignorance about the difference between religious matters and worldly matters.

            Ayats/Adhkar are part of religious matters, and medicines and herbs are part of worldly matters? The prophet (sallallahu alaihi wa sallam) spoke about religious matters in his possition as a messenger of Allah (here, he does not make mistakes, neither does he go through the trial & error method--everything he said or commanded here was by a revelation from Allah), whereas he also spoke about worldly matters in his possition as a human being (here, he could make mistakes just as every human will do).

            If the Prophet (sallallahu alaihi wa sallam) spoke about medicine or any kind of worldly matters, those with the knowledge in such fields are allowed to approve or disapprove of whatever he said based on their knowledge and experience. However, the matter is different when it comes to religious matters--we must follow what the Prophet (sallallahu alaihi wa sallam) said or commanded us to do. Because we don't recieve revelations from Allah, to approve or disapprove of anything he said, nor can we innovate something (such as numbers and beliefs for ayats) without any revelation from Allah.

            Please read Sahih Muslim, to learn more about the two different dimensions of the Prophet (sallallau alaihi wa sallam).

            The Obligation To Obey What He Says With Regard To Matters Of Religion, But Not What He Says With Regard To Worldly Matters

            Musa b. Talha reported:

            I and Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) happened to pass by people near the date-palm trees. He (the Holy Prophet) said: What are these people doing? They said: They are grafting, i. e. they combine the male with the female (tree) and thus they yield more fruit. Thereupon Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) said: I do not find it to be of any use. The people were informed about it and they abandoned this practice. Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) (was later) on informed (that the yield had dwindled), whereupon he said: If there is any use of it, then they should do it, for it was just a personal opinion of mine, and do not go after my personal opinion; but when I say to you anything on behalf of Allah, then do accept it, for I do not attribute lie to Allah, the Exalted and Glorious.
            (Sahih Muslim 2361)

            ----------------------------------

            Rafi' b. Khadij reported that Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) came to Medina and the people had been grafting the trees. He said:

            What are you doing? They said: We are grafting them, whereupon he said: It may perhaps be good for you if you do not do that, so they abandoned this practice (and the date-palms) began to yield less fruit. They made a mention of it (to the Holy Prophet), whereupon he said: I am a human being, so when I command you about a thing pertaining to religion, do accept it, and when I command you about a thing out of my personal opinion, keep it in mind that I am a human being. 'Ikrima reported that he said something like this.
            (Sahih Muslim 2362)

            -------------------------------------------

            Anas reported that Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) happened to pass by the people who had been busy in grafting the trees. Thereupon he said:

            If you were not to do it, it might be good for you. (So they abandoned this practice) and there was a decline in the yield. He (the Holy Prophet) happened to pass by them (and said): What has gone wrong with your trees? They said: You said so and so. Thereupon he said: You have better knowledge (of a technical skill) in the affairs of the world.
            (Sahih Muslim 2363)

            You wrote:

            , I agree the ayat's way of healing is different from herbs and medicines, an over dosage of medicines can give side effects, but repeatedly reciting ayats a number of times has no side-effects, if nothing you'll get the sawab of reciting them and it would bring you closer to Allah, Insha'Allah.

            Reciting ayats with innovated specific numbers and beliefs does not get you any sawab, nor does it get you closer to Allah.


            Hazrat 'Aishah reported the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) as saying:

            if any one introduces into this affair of ours (i.e. religious matters) anything (such as innovating specific numbers and beliefs for ayats and adhkar) which does not belong to it, it is rejected. Ibn Isa said: the prophet (ﷺ) said: if anyone practices any action in away other than our practice, it is rejected.
            (Sunan Abi Dawud 4606)

            You wrote:

            Why can't common people use the worldly knowledge to discover numbers for du'as or adhkar, has the Prophet(pbuh) prohibited us from doing so?

            Because numbers for du'as and adhkar are religious matters, which are only recieved through revelations from Allah. No one has the ability to recieve them, except messengers of Allah alone.

            The Prophet (sallallahu alaihi wa sallam) approved of healing with ayats, but did he also approve of assigning of specific numbers to the ayats? Did any Sahabi assigned any numbers to any ayah? What is the proof?

            You wrote:

            Similarly there are many books & texts written by pious men of understanding on Wazifas,these books have survived & are popular, proves the Wazifas documented in those books work.

            Any book/text that claims any specific numbers or beliefs for ayats or adhkar without evidence, from the Holy Quran and Sunnah, is rejected.

            You wrote:

            There is no need to demonize Wazifas, as if they have an element of shirk in them, Wazifas are specific Quranic ayats or Quranic dua or adhkars recited repeatedly 'n' number of times in anticipation of healing & cure.

            Wazifas contain innovated numbers and beliefs that have no basis in Islam, that is why they are unacceptable islamically.

            You wrote:

            Raqis(Islamic Excorcist) recite specific Quranic ayats on the person under the influence of black magic or one who is possessed by Jinns.

            The real raqis recite ayats that have basis from the Holy Quran and Sunnah, as much as they can, without assigning specific numbers, or attaching beliefs for particular ayats, without evidence.

            You wrote:

            and you are interpreting it as we should not follow the 'practices' of our forefathers. Yes that is true, but the 'practices' mention in the verse is nothing but worshipping the idols and the false deities, a shirk act. Allah criticized their reasoning:(check tafsir Ibn Kathir).

            In this ayah, Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala criticized their reasoning in a religious matter of which they had no real evidence for, except that they inherited it from their forefathers. This is also applied to the reasoning of those who innovated numbers/beliefs for du'as/adhkar/ayats, and had no real evidence, except that they inherited them from their forefathers--this is also part of religious matters.

          • Assalam alaikum,

            You have still not provided evidence for your numbers.

            I have not taken the Iyat out of context regarding forefathers, because you argued that Wazeefas are passed on from generation to generation as if this was a reason for their legitimacy.

            Al-Quran 2:170-171
            And when it is said to them, "Follow what Allah has revealed," they say, "Rather, we will follow that which we found our fathers doing." Even though their fathers understood nothing, nor were they guided?
            "And the example of those who disbelieve is as that of him who shouts to those (flock of sheep) that hear nothing but calls and cries. (They are) deaf, dumb and blind. So they do not understand."

            Yes, this is referring to the practices of idol-worship--but Allah swt can tell us and warn us about this without mentioning forefathers--so what then is the wisdom in mentioning that those people gave the excuses of following rituals that were simply tradition from their forefathers?

            I, personally, have watched someone follow a wazeefa. This person read the Wazeefa so that her relative would have a son. I read through the book on Wazeefas myself. It basically said it was a guarantee. Later, the relative did have a son and suddenly, everyone was saying it was due to the wazeefa and attributing the success of the birth of the son to the woman who read the wazeefa, instead of Allah swt.

            The book on wazeefas offered guarantees on how to obtain a job or other worldly things. There were no references given for the numbers.

            The only people that I have observed following Wazeefas are from India or Pakistan. Muslims from other parts of the world often don't even know what a wazeefa is. Many of the Shaikhs that I have listened to have also said that there is no such thing as a Wazeefa.

            As you said it BEST above:

            I am not aware whether adding or reducing one number makes a difference, Allahu-alam.. Like knowledge of herbal/folk medicines & their doses to cure diseases are passed on from generation to generation through practical knowledge, similarly I assume specific numbers have been assigned to wazifas using trial & error method over the last 1400 years.

            You admit you do not know what will happen if the numbers are increased or decreased, so why emphasize this then, and you assume that the numbers come from trial and error--those too after the the life of the Prophet (SAWS) since it occurred in the last 1400 years. I don't think that your assumption alone is something that we can rely on. And I will leave it at that.

          • Some black magicians infact gain their powers by dishonouring Quran, engaging in filthy and haram acts & conjuring the disbelieving head of Jinns and worshiping him, offering animal or human sacrifices to gain access to servant Jinns who help them in their work

            There are two types of black magic. The one with ayats/wazifas, and the one without ayats. The one with ayats/wazifas also have the branch of inviting Jinns and other bid'ah stuff. This is obvious in wazifa texts and books and websites--I have witnessed that.

          • Fatwa No : 208285
            This method of reading Soorah Yaa Seen is Bid'ah
            Fatwa Date : Rajab 20, 1434 / 29-5-2013

            Question:
            Someone told me to read Surah Yaseen after 2 rakhas of Sunah prayer in fajr in such a manner i.e " start yaseen and read till 1st mobeen, then start again and read till 2nd mobeen...so on till the 7th mobeen" after this pray 2 rakhas of fard prayer of fajr. Do this for 7 days and whatever need we have from Allah swt it will be fullfilled. Plz. let me know if above mentioned way of reading is correct.

            Answer:
            All perfect praise be to Allaah, The Lord of the Worlds. I testify that there is none worthy of worship except Allaah, and that Muhammad is His slave and Messenger.

            The method which you mentioned in the question is an innovation which has no basis in the Sharee’ah, so you must not do it as the Prophet said: "Whoever introduces into this matter of ours (Islam) that which is not a part of it; it will be rejected.” [Al-Bukhaari and Muslim] Imaam Muslim narrated this Hadeeth with the following wording: “Whoever performs an act which is not in accordance with ours [our religion], it will be rejected from him.” [Muslim]

            Imaam An-Nawawi said in his interpretation of Saheeh Muslim: “One should learn this Hadeeth and use it in invalidating evil [innovations], and one should spread the information about using this Hadeeth as evidence…..”

            Whoever worships Allaah with anything other than what Allaah has legislated, his act of worship will be rejected from him and Allaah will not accept it from him. Furthermore, as far as we know, neither the Quran, nor the Sunnah nor the acts of the Companions support this method, so you should be keen on asking the scholars about anything which you do not know and not take knowledge from any one you like.

            Allaah Knows best.

            Fatwa No : 198255
            No proof for reading Soorah Al-Ikhlaas a thousand times a day
            Fatwa Date : Rabee' Al-Aakhir 8, 1434 / 18-2-2013

            Question:
            The Prophet said that reciting Surah Ikhlas equals one third of the Quran. In another hadith he said that no one would be able to surpass the person who recites SubhanAllahi wabihamdi 100 times in the morning and 100 times in the evening except for one who does more. I recite SubhanAllahi wabihamdi 100 times in the morning and 100 times in the evening and I recite Surah Ikhlas 1000 times in a day. Should I stop reciting Surah Ikhlas and start reciting SubhanAllahi wabihamdi more? Which one would give me more reward?

            Answer:
            All perfect praise be to Allaah, The Lord of the Worlds. I testify that there is none worthy of worship except Allaah, and that Muhammad , is His Slave and Messenger.

            There is no doubt that Soorah (chapter) Al-Ikhlaas is equivalent to one-third of the Quran; however, there is no authentic proof regarding the virtue of reciting it a thousand times every day. As for what is reported that the Prophet , said: "Whoever recites ‘Qul Huwa Allaahu Ahad’ a thousand times would have bought himself from Allaah", it is not proven that the Messenger of Allaah , said so. As-Suyooti mentioned it in Al-Jaami‘ As-Sagheer from Al-Khiyaari in his Fawaa'id from Huthayfah and Shaykh Al-Albaani judged it to be Mawdhoo‘ (i.e. fabricated) in Dha‘eef Al-Jaami‘.

            The number mentioned in our Sharee‘ah regarding reciting Soorah Al-Ikhlaas in every day and night is only three times in the morning and in the evening as it is mentioned in the statement of the Prophet : “Reciting ‘Qul Huwa Allaahu Ahad’ and Al-Mu’awwithatayn [the last two Soorahs of the Quran] three times in the evening and in the morning will protect you against everything.” [Abu Daawood]

            The same applies to reciting it along with Al-Mu’awwithatayn three times before sleeping. As for reciting it regularly a thousand times every day and adhering firmly to that, then there is no evidence for this in our Sharee‘ah. Accordingly, our dear questioner should not adhere to that nor should he do it regularly.

            It was mentioned in the Fataawa of the Permanent Committee: "One should not adhere to repeating a Soorah or verse for a specific number of times unless this was proven from the Prophet . That is because such is an act of worship that should be prescribed only by Sharee‘ah."

            Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen said regarding the one who recites Soorah Al-Ikhlaas a thousand times: "If he says that reciting ‘Qul Huwa Allaahu Ahad’ which is equivalent to one-third of the Quran is something legislated, then he is truthful, but who determined repeating it one thousand times?" [End quote]

            So, dear questioner, strive hard to recite the Athkaar (remembrances of Allaah) prescribed in Islam every day and night and to recite a great deal of Athkaar in general, without adhering to a certain number that has no evidence in Sharee'ah, for this actually has more merit and a greater reward.

            And Allah knows best.

            Fatwa No : 156783
            Specifying some Quranic verses to be recited on a particular day of the week
            Fatwa Date : Muharram 9, 1433 / 4-12-2011
            Question
            In India there is small booklet called MANZIL which priscribes some ayats of quran to be read on each day of week , what is your openinon regarding this?

            Answer
            All perfect praise be to Allaah, The Lord of the Worlds. I testify that there is none worthy of worship except Allaah, and that Muhammad is His slave and Messenger.

            Specifying some verses to be recited on a particular day of the week and believing that it has some excellence is something that is not reported in the Sharee’ah as far as we know. Worshipping Allaah with such a specification is not permissible because it is an innovation and it is confirmed that ‘Aa’ishah narrated that the Prophet said: “Whoever performs an act which is not in accordance with ours [our religion], it will be rejected from him.” [Al-Bukhaari and Muslim]
            Nonetheless, reciting the Book of Allaah is of great excellence as the reciter gets ten rewards for every letter, as the Prophet said: ''Whoever recites one letter from the Book of Allaah, he will get one reward for it, and a reward is multiplied tenfold, I don’t say Alif-Laam-Meem is one letter, but Alif is a letter, Laam is a letter, and Meem is a letter.” [At-Tirmithi]
            Therefore, a Muslim whether male or female should be assiduous in reciting the Quran at all times in order to obtain this great reward.
            Allaah Knows best.

  19. Assalamo Alaikum
    Please read it 100 per day , u will be quitting to this problem. "LA HAULA WALA QUWATTA ILLAH BILLAHILL ALAIEL AZEEM". Pims it on a glass of water u will be soon relaxing.
    Yours brother
    Prof. Dr. Ali

  20. Waswas is like a bacteria in heart. One can only flush it out with Astagfirullah. Recite Astagfirullah. This Waswas will remain with you but don't give up your Eeman for satanic thoughts and Waswas. Keep reciting Astagfirullah and other Wazifas for Waswas. Contact Mufti Aalim because they are the doctors of spiritual problems. Find a spiritual specialist and get treated well. Keep fighting with Waswas until you die. Waswas has happened with Sahaba as well...

  21. A.O.A....
    I suggest u the speech of one of the maulana from peace tv who talked about waswasa in detail and tried to convence one by Hadees.
    I hope..u will find it helpfull and get benifited..
    actually these satan insaniuating are non but thought that raise in heart but to believer it does not come to there mouth...so long they are there in heart cant harm one..until it is acted upon are said by tongue...which the Hadees says about..
    so type title of waswasa in the manner below...
    ....waswasa in peace tv....
    will find it INSHA ALLAH will guide regarding problem...
    one thing more ...
    if problem persist then do the Ruqia shareia..i.e Islamic treatment which the ulamas know..

  22. Sister hania, no one can help you except Allah.
    You need to reciting Surah Al baqarah in every day with water. insha Allah soon you will get good result. its not ocd. i have same problem but when i started surah baqarah now I'm feeling very good Alhamdulillah.. now i can control everything in order of Allah.

Leave a Response