promise made in kaabah (2)

I feel like I made a mistake by making that promise, and now there is no way around it. I just need to ask you guys if there is no way I can go back on that promise? I know I will earn Allah’s wrath if I ever break that promise.

Full Story»

My husband is not coming home (4)

After marriage, my heart filled with enormous love for him. Now that I am a mother of a two year old daughter, still he is living a bachelor’s life. He goes at 8pm with his friends, and comes at around 5am daily. His friends are all unmarried and elite class. He never prays, no fasting or any other command of Allah. And if I ask him to stay at home or come early, he uses abusive language with me.

Full Story»

My wife won’t listen to me anymore (6)

I wanted my wife to leave her job as it has been creating issues in our marriage because she’s always tired, but her mother has said to me that she will not leave her job and if that’s the case then she will not tolerate this for her daughter. I have a young son and I am not able to see him. I love my wife and want her back, and always gave her everything she desired, but her mum has influenced her and she has become very hurtful towards me.

Full Story»

Abused By Husband’s Family (3)

I feel like I no longer have my husband’s support. I feel that she is controlling us, and me. If I say something about it, I am wrong. I feel so unhappy. If he is going to let her dictate every aspect of my life, then I don’t want to stay with him anymore. I can’t live my life this way. He feels like I don’t want my son to have a relationship with his grandparents, which isn’t farther from the truth. I don’t have a problem with them, I have a problem with being disrespected and controlled.

Full Story»

Children»

Forced marriage – please help (4)

She said she will send me to Bangladesh and will force me to marry him because she wont be able to face anyone if i dont. I tried reaching out to everyone but noone seems to help even my family member i just get beaten up.

Converting to Islam»

Breaking an unwanted engagement (3)

It has been one month since he got engaged. He cannot take any action, since he is worried about his family and his fiancé. Is there any way for him to break the engagement without hurting his family and fiancé?

Culture Clash»

Troubled… who should I choose? (6)

My parents said if I wanted to have any relationship with them I would have to divorce my wife. If I choose my parents I lose my wife – if I choose my wife I lose my parents.

Dating»

female interested in male, instead of other way around (13)

I’m 16 and I’m interested in this man who is always in the masjid praying, reading Quran, etc. Other than that I don’t know him, and only talk to him when I’m giving salaams etc. He seems like a really nice person, and I would like to know if he is interested in me, too. I […]

Divorce»

Invalid Nikah – How do I end this relationship? (3)

My husband and his family are not good people. I have come to the decision that I don’t want to continue my relationship with him. I’ve been told my marriage is invalid. What are the means of a separation?

Forgiveness»

How do I absolve myself of my sins? (8)

I know how to act in the future, as the Quran is guiding me. I simply want to learn to forget my past and remove my sins from my history so I can start over and really put commitment into my religion. I have already decided to wear the hijab before 8th grade starts, as I know this will please the Lord who is Knowing of all things.

Islamic Answers 2010»

Eid Mubarak! (67)

Eid Mubarak to all our readers!

Ya Allah, relieve the sadness of those who are suffering, and guide those who are wandering and lost.
Ya Allah, bring ease to our difficulties, and show us the way out of our problems.
Ya Allah, unite the Muslims to serve You and please You.

Istikhara»

I don’t have a baby (5)

It has been 4 years since I married, but I have not conceived a child. Kindly do istakhara for me and tell me if I will have the happiness of children? -sobia raheel

Jealousy and Suspicion»

We committed zina, but I’m disturbed about her past (18)

as salam walikum to all my brothers and sisters, I am 20 and in love with a girl who loves me more than herself, and we have commited ZINA, I  never thought that I would do such a sin, but it happened. At the start of the relationship she told me about her past- that she had a boy friend, […]

Mahr or Dowry»

how do muslims marry a non-muslim? (5)

I just told her that we muslims are allowed to marry christians, so she must have to perform the marriage the way of our islam- the way of a muslim- so that she can be my wife and I can be her husband. It’s just for me to make sure that she is my wife, and I would follow her way of marriage so that she can be sure that I am her husband, and she agreed with it.

Marriage to non-Muslims»

We want to marry, but I was forced to marry someone else (6)

My father arranged my marriage and forced fully. Now my boyfriend wants to marry me, I want to marry him, but here I can’t file for divorce because of safety of life, is it possible if I go abroad?

Secret Marriages»

Secret nikkah between sunni/shia (8)

I told him on the very first day that I was shia and I was not a girl of friendship or dating etc; and if he was interested to propose to me straight away but that my parents will never accept him. So he was serious about marrying me and committed, and so was I. He sent a proposal ten times, but my father rejected him just because he is sunni. When I knew that my father would never accept him, we both did nikah secretly.

Sexual Issues»

Desires vs. society (2)

Others might not be bothered delaying nikah in the desi society, but some have strong desires and since I’m one of them, why should I suffer? Some portray marriage as such a complex thing, as if it’s no different than being jailed. Now I’m 22, don’t watch porn, wish to stay away from fitna, sport a sunnah beard, and offer my prayers. But every so often when I get depressed, I just can’t help but please myself.

Sihr (Magic)»

My dad fell in love because of black magic (7)

We found out he has been giving away all this money to that- pardon my language- (expletive). Recently he married this woman,and mother was crying every night. I prayed, I prayed and I prayed, so she wouldn’t have to cry anymore. I don’t know what to do, but I know the best medicine is prayers.

Shia»

Shia Father Refuses to Get Me Married to a Sunni (8)

Guy’s family is constantly saying that when will you come as it’s 6 months period now. What am i suppose to do ? i will not marry any shia at any cost. plus i want to marry as soon as possible because i’m already in my late 25.

Teenagers Issues»

Husband leaving for 6 years to study abroad (3)

I am a teenager and my husband and I live separately due to family. My parents do not let me meet him incase I get pregnant. He will be leaving to go to study for 6 years. All I want is to be with him but he cannot take me. He asked me if he should stay or go…?

Physical violence»

She has been taken back home to Bangladesh by force – What can I do to help her?! (5)

I lost contact with her a week ago, she advised me to call the police if I do not hear from her. I am worried about her safety.

Zinaa»

She forced me to marry her! (10)

When I went to her country to meet her, I saw her and I didn’t like her, even though we saw each other on web cam before. She was looking older, and I was very confused. My mouth was totally shut. She took me to her home, and I found that she arranged everything for marriage the next day.

Topics

Search the Web