Engaged to an Imam but feeling uncomfortable about marriage conditions (7)

August 28, 2015 • Category: Engagement, Hurt, Islamic Answers 2015, Marriage, Nikah

One condition I requested was no other wives – he agreed. Then he oddly went into a conversation about maybe needing to work in a different country and I may not be able to go with him, and that when he is home he wants physical intimacy once every seven days, and doesn’t want kids for three years.

Full Story»

We’re from different sects (1)

His is an orthodox family… They have met me now and still oppose a marriage. How long should I wait for him?

Full Story»

Can I call my baby girl Ameliah? (1)

Some Muslim name websites list this name and some don’t. Please clarify and let me know.

Full Story»

Should I continue relationship with a non-practising Muslim man? (5)

Should I break up as he is not practicing muslim or should I take risk of doing ruksati with him and try to convince him gradually?

Full Story»
FreeKitab.com - Free Islamic e-Books

Converting to Islam»

How do I file divorce? (2)

We went on separate paths 10 years ago. He converted to Islam in 2006, and I have recently decided to embrace Islam.

Culture Clash»

Have you ever been discriminated against at the airport? (10)

These type of insults and racial profiling has happened to me every time i try flying in the US.

Dating»

Why can’t I move on from this? (3)

I don’t know if it just me really that I am not helping myself move on or a jinn is bothering me and putting those negative thoughts and feelings on me.

Divorce»

Not sure whether I should divorce- please help! (4)

He’s forcing me to have children with him now and forcing me to stop taking the pill so I need to make a decision ASAP.

Forgiveness»

I married the wrong woman (13)

I let myself get carried away by external beauty, and got confused with the idea of marrying a muslimah and make my parents happy, and in the process gave away the pious woman Allah had sent for me.

Islamic Answers 2010»

Eid Mubarak! (67)

Eid Mubarak to all our readers!

Ya Allah, relieve the sadness of those who are suffering, and guide those who are wandering and lost.
Ya Allah, bring ease to our difficulties, and show us the way out of our problems.
Ya Allah, unite the Muslims to serve You and please You.

Istikhara»

I have to decide between two proposals… (5)

I don’t rely on my own decision making because I have made some not-so-great decisions in the past.

Jealousy and Suspicion»

Am I divorced? If so can we start fresh and remarry? (4)

Please don’t give me personal opinions… all I need is proper guidance or at least something that will guide me in the right direction.

Mahr or Dowry»

My wife is pregnant and I want to divorce (8)

Can I take divorce? Do I need to return all the money what they give me? I have so many problems and she don’t understand me at all and I don’t like her – I just had a physical relation thats it.

Marriage to non-Muslims»

Advice and prayers regarding marriage (7)

I am seeing a man raised in a Sikh family. This man practices many of the teachings of Islam. However, he does not want to revert to Islam. We want to get married.

Secret Marriages»

Deceased Father – Unknown Marriage (2)

A day after my father died, a lady come to our home and claimed that she was also the wife… I haven’t met or even saw the lady before.

Sexual Issues»

Confused – does this invalidate our nikah? (3)

My husband has been cheating on me with men and women. Lately I found out that I am his second wife.

Sihr (Magic)»

I am lost, betrayed and a failure (3)

I don’t know whether this is a test from Allah or it is a curse by someone I offended mistakenly.

Shia»

In love with shai (6)

I am a 18 years old sunni girl, i’ve been in love with a shai guy for too long and he share the same feelings.

Teenagers Issues»

How do I ignore my brother? (1)

I want to stay away from him and I don’t want to do anything with him . How am I supposed to just stop thinking about him and not care ?

Urfi Marriage»

Husband provides no financial support, but still wants intercourse (43)

if wife stay seperate and husband doesn’t give any shelter, money, spending money, but wants to visit sometimes and have intercourse with his wife, is it permissible for him to keep such a relation?

Physical violence»

To divorce or not – there are kids involved? (6)

I had automatically thought that it’s divorce for me. But really I don’t want to lose my husband. Yes he didn’t treat me well but it was all because of his mum.

Zinaa»

Please save me from these sins? (6)

Whenever I pray I hate myself because I know I am a sinner, a grave sinner, I hate myself and definitely Allah will be hating me.

Topics

Search the Web