Does piety count at all? (7)

August 18, 2014 • Category: Emaan/Faith, Islamic Answers 2014, Marriage

Alhamdulilah, I’ve abstained from drinking, smoking and casual dating, and have in fact always lived a pious life, but it seems to me that piety just doesn’t count at all. People look down on you, and there are high demands and expectations that sisters have. I mean in all that, where would pious men of limited means go? What will they do if sisters have so high standards and aren’t ready to compromise at all?

Full Story»

My cheating husband’s lover is abusive to me (6)

I believe that my marriage is not finished. There is something missing which I need to fill and be fulfilled. He knows this and he wants to have a baby with me. But with the pregnant woman there, and right now I am back with my husband, what I should do? I love my husband. I want to guide him to Islam and show him the right path, but the woman is too much of a distraction.

Full Story»

Can I marry my cousin’s daughter? (6)

I love the taqwa in her, that’s the reason I want to marry her. Can I marry her? If yes, please give me a daleel (proof) from any hadees or Quran.

Full Story»

How do I propose to her? (2)

I love her a lot. Astagfirullah, even more than Allah s.a.w, may Allah forgive me.

Full Story»

Children»

Should I be worried about my son? (5)

Ever since he was 15 he always told me he is asexual and has no use for marriage or a girl in his life, and he would by no means be able to give her what very religious men would. Other than that, he is a complete loner. He stays in his room for the most part and only during dinner time does he talk to me and his dad- just like ‘how was your day’ and that kind of thing.

Converting to Islam»

Is this relationship possible? (9)

Do you think there’s hope for our future together considering the circumstances with our family and the fact that we are different religion and so far from each other?

Culture Clash»

Troubled… who should I choose? (6)

My parents said if I wanted to have any relationship with them I would have to divorce my wife. If I choose my parents I lose my wife – if I choose my wife I lose my parents.

Divorce»

Still haven’t left an unbearable relationship (4)

The only reason I have stayed with him was my child, who is now 3 years old. But now when I see him not taking care of me as well as my child, I think I should leave now. I know my child needs a father, but a father like him? And would my child be okay seeing a depressed mother all the time or disconnected parents, who either fight or would not speak to each other for weeks? Or would he be better off?

Forgiveness»

How do we move on from his infidelity? (6)

I am having a very hard time to forget and forgive and move on. I thought about divorce but it is not an option because he is related to me.

Islamic Answers 2010»

Eid Mubarak! (67)

Eid Mubarak to all our readers!

Ya Allah, relieve the sadness of those who are suffering, and guide those who are wandering and lost.
Ya Allah, bring ease to our difficulties, and show us the way out of our problems.
Ya Allah, unite the Muslims to serve You and please You.

Istikhara»

Parents are not accepting my new marriage (4)

Last month we got our nikkah done in his house with his family by a Hafiz, and Alhamdulillah we are now husband and wife. I have never been so happy or felt so complete in my life, BUT there’s one pain in my heart and that is my parents not giving their consent and not trying to do what lies in my happiness.

Jealousy and Suspicion»

We committed zina, but I’m disturbed about her past (17)

as salam walikum to all my brothers and sisters, I am 20 and in love with a girl who loves me more than herself, and we have commited ZINA, I  never thought that I would do such a sin, but it happened. At the start of the relationship she told me about her past- that she had a boy friend, […]

Mahr or Dowry»

how do muslims marry a non-muslim? (5)

I just told her that we muslims are allowed to marry christians, so she must have to perform the marriage the way of our islam- the way of a muslim- so that she can be my wife and I can be her husband. It’s just for me to make sure that she is my wife, and I would follow her way of marriage so that she can be sure that I am her husband, and she agreed with it.

Marriage to non-Muslims»

We want to marry, but I was forced to marry someone else (6)

My father arranged my marriage and forced fully. Now my boyfriend wants to marry me, I want to marry him, but here I can’t file for divorce because of safety of life, is it possible if I go abroad?

Muslim Names»

Rahil as a name (5)

God has blessed me with a baby boy, and I am wanting to keep the name Rahil. But I am a little unclear and confused as to whether it would constitute a good name, or indirectly a bad meaning name. Please help!!!

Secret Marriages»

Secret nikkah between sunni/shia (8)

I told him on the very first day that I was shia and I was not a girl of friendship or dating etc; and if he was interested to propose to me straight away but that my parents will never accept him. So he was serious about marrying me and committed, and so was I. He sent a proposal ten times, but my father rejected him just because he is sunni. When I knew that my father would never accept him, we both did nikah secretly.

Sexual Issues»

Masturbation during Ramadan (4)

I have an addiction with masturabation. Tell me how to discontinue it, but first tell me can we fast in the form of nijasasast (after masturbating) if we have not had time to ghusal?

Sihr (Magic)»

My dad fell in love because of black magic (7)

We found out he has been giving away all this money to that- pardon my language- (expletive). Recently he married this woman,and mother was crying every night. I prayed, I prayed and I prayed, so she wouldn’t have to cry anymore. I don’t know what to do, but I know the best medicine is prayers.

Shia»

Shia Father Refuses to Get Me Married to a Sunni (8)

Guy’s family is constantly saying that when will you come as it’s 6 months period now. What am i suppose to do ? i will not marry any shia at any cost. plus i want to marry as soon as possible because i’m already in my late 25.

Teenagers Issues»

Husband leaving for 6 years to study abroad (3)

I am a teenager and my husband and I live separately due to family. My parents do not let me meet him incase I get pregnant. He will be leaving to go to study for 6 years. All I want is to be with him but he cannot take me. He asked me if he should stay or go…?

Physical violence»

Living with abusive mother for 25 years (6)

As-Salamu Alaykum Wa Rahmatuallahu Wa Barakatuh,  For the past 25 years I’ve been living in a household that was emotionally, mentally, and physically abusive. My mother -May Allah SWT reward her- has been through a lot, but with that being said she has done a lot to me that damaged me pretty bad. I was always […]

Zinaa»

I lied about the nude pic I sent him, now he hates me (31)

We pray salat and read Quran. But 2 days ago my boyfriend saw that nude pic on a page and asked me if that was me. I was shattered because I had lied, so I told the truth that it’s n0t me and that I gave that pic because I didn’t want to hurt or lose him.

Topics

Search the Web